• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

it's the thought that counts

All he had to do was press right next to the blue crates he believed to be a wall... it was cool seeing what they could without the sword though, lot of those places I didn't even try to go until much later.

I really need to get back in, but for some reason i don't want to do the rock band mic level...

Aquova

It's truly a shame a nothing LP like that Comman Mission is Liam's last contribution to the channel. He deserves to go out with a bang.

I really hope that he returns a few times for some hyped LPs, like Freedom Planet 2 or Bloodstained.

joe2187

Banned
Liam would come back with a cyborg body.

No, Liam would come back as a wizard.....or magical girl.

Woolie would willingly become a cyborg, he's stated before he would sell out all of humanity for a grappling arm or the ability to jump high.

Matt would go off to fight some godforsaken forgotten war for some terrible cause and have fun killing all the bad guys in increasingly sadistic ways.

Pat would be a toilet, just like he's always dreamed of being.

HOLY SHIT! Max vs Woolie was the hypest rival battle I've ever seen!

No, Liam would come back as a wizard.....or magical girl.

Woolie would willingly become a cyborg, he's stated before he would sell out all of humanity for a grappling arm or the ability to jump high.

Matt would go off to fight some godforsaken forgotten war for some terrible cause and have fun killing all the bad guys in increasingly sadistic ways.

Pat would be a toilet, just like he's always dreamed of being.

I'll allow it.

Exodust

Banned
It sucks losing Liam and having Matt on break, but am I the only one who thinks Pat and Woolie are doing a decent job on their own so far?

The silver lining for me in this whole thing is while I like most combinations of the team, my least favorite were Woolie/Liam videos. Liam seemed to work better with Matt or Pat and same for Woolie. Best combo is still Matt & Pat but when all three of them get together it's a blast. So it really does suck to lose Liam and I hope he gets the help he needs and starts feeling better, but for now at least I'll get the videos I'm more akin to click on.

It sucks losing Liam and having Matt on break, but am I the only one who thinks Pat and Woolie are doing a decent job on their own so far?

No, you're not the only one. I just feel like it's probably not a useful avenue of discussion, at the moment, to say something like, "I'm actually kind of liking having Plague on the podcasts instead of Liam, and I wasn't watching any of the LPs Liam was in, anyway."

I mean, it's true, I just don't think it's going to generate any productive discussion.

Sou Da

No, you're not the only one. I just feel like it's probably not a useful avenue of discussion, at the moment, to say something like, "I'm actually kind of liking having Plague on the podcasts instead of Liam, and I wasn't watching any of the LPs Liam was in, anyway."

I mean, it's true, I just don't think it's going to generate any productive discussion.

Ditto.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I know everyone is like "Awww, no Pat/Liam Nier A LP" but I think the real tragedy is no Freedom Planet 2 LP. That Freedom Planet LP they did was so good and hype. I rewatched it and you can just feel Woolie and Liam's excitement radiate off. Also one fo the few LP's they talk about game design, and it was pretty interesting discussion.

105.Will

Really have to hand it to Pat and Woolie for pushing on like nothings wrong. Its actually kinda interesting to hear the tonal switch of their banter from pre-liam leaving and Matt hiatus, and post.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Id' love a Dargon's Dogma one off, but haha LP? Do you people have any idea how much grinding and literally the same stuff to look at there is in that game?

K.Sabot

9f560fa5eb.png

Anung

Un Rama
Really have to hand it to Pat and Woolie for pushing on like nothings wrong. Its actually kinda interesting to hear the tonal switch of their banter from pre-liam leaving and Matt hiatus, and post.

They'll need to sort something out soon though. This doesn't feel sustainable.

Edit: I'm liking the Dark Souls LP enough and the one offs.

KRaZyAmmo

I've been wanting to go back to DS1. I didn't properly give it the time. Also I enjoy the Dark Souls/Titanfall 2 LP and one offs on the channel.

I know everyone is like "Awww, no Pat/Liam Nier A LP" but I think the real tragedy is no Freedom Planet 2 LP. That Freedom Planet LP they did was so good and hype. I rewatched it and you can just feel Woolie and Liam's excitement radiate off. Also one fo the few LP's they talk about game design, and it was pretty interesting discussion.

I was actually wondering, before everything went to shit, if any of the best friends were going to get around to following their dream of actually making games and this is what I hope Liam continues on to do. I'd definitely be interested.

Menitta

I am so hyped for magfest but I just learned that I have to leave on Friday instead of Thursday. I'll miss Geoff and Liam's panel!

Anung

Un Rama
They said Matt will be back for RE7, so it should only be another few weeks at most until things are (relatively) back to normal.

But Matt's my least favourite one and a double blind RE LP doesn't play to those LP's strengths at all.

Seriously Hoping this break does Matt some wonders interms of his LP output.

Top Bottom