• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Fat4all

Banned
But Matt's my least favourite one and a double blind RE LP doesn't play to those LP's strengths at all.

Seriously Hoping this break does Matt some wonders interms of his LP output.

While I like Pat the best, he doesn't work nearly as well with Woolie as he does with Matt.

I suppose what I mean is, Matt makes Pat better than anyone else does. Nothing makes me happier than Pat making Matt lose his shit.

Please no more RPGs unless they do all the side stuff/grinding off screen and then cut the boss fights to only important transition segments.

They already cut most of the side stuff(if it involves repeating content at least) and the boss fights are by far the best part, unless they are repeating them over and over(which they also usually cut anyways). If they cut all that, they might as well just watch the cut scenes like the first blazblue video.

Please no more RPGs unless they do all the side stuff/grinding off screen and then cut the boss fights to only important transition segments.
They honestly need to cheat the fuck out of JRPGs when they LP them. Boost those stats with save editors or cheat codes, whatever, but minimize the grind and junk encounters.

Whether or not they'd have to do this for a WRPG depends on the game.

Strimei

I'd honestly like them to do all three Dead Spaces, since I want to see them suffer through 3.

I want to see 3 in any event because I want to know exactly how bad it gets. I tried to watch the LP of Jesse Cox & Dodger, but I couldn't make it (and I normally like Jesse, but his co-op LPs are hit-and-miss).

Matsukaze

I'd like to see Pat and Woolie stream Final Fantasy Tactics so it can devolve into a shouting match about the optimal plan of attack.

"Okay, I'm going to move Ramza here -"
"Goddamnit, why did you do that, you idiot?"
"But now I can -"
"WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND STRATEGY?"

I'd like to see Pat and Woolie stream Final Fantasy Tactics so it can devolve into a shouting match about the optimal plan of attack.

"Okay, I'm going to move Ramza here -"
"Goddamnit, why did you do that, you idiot?"
"But now I can -"
"WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND STRATEGY?"

"Now if you use that, you should hit every enemy with... why didn't it work?!"
"Pat... nine isn't divisible by four."
"Woolie, I think I can do basic--oh. Woops."

Fat4all

Banned
"Now if you use that, you should hit every enemy with... why didn't it work?!"
"Pat... nine isn't divisible by four."
"Woolie, I think I can do basic--oh. Woops."

Woolie doesn't know how to navigate, Pat doesn't remember how to do anything

whatcouldpossiblygowrong.gif

9f560fa5eb.png

Blackface is actually the first suggestion it gives me.

Xux

Ooh, a Matt stream video. A preview of the new format? Is Matt showing he's still committed? Is Darlington just desperate for footage?

Strimei

Ooh, a Matt stream video. A preview of the new format? Is Matt showing he's still committed? Is Darlington just desperate for footage?

I don't think this is the new format, he explained what he meant by that when Liam announced his departure, and it was just fewer LPs running at the same time. This is just a filler.

Xux

I don't think this is the new format, he explained what he meant by that when Liam announced his departure, and it was just fewer LPs running at the same time. This is just a filler.
Eh, I have a feeling we'll be getting more streams and more slots taken by stream chunks from Pat getting a stream and Pat and Matt's stream videos showing up on the channel.

Also, jeeze at Paige. Murdering
Ludwing
and
her wrist.

Edzi

Eh, I have a feeling we'll be getting more streams and more slots taken by stream chunks from Pat getting a stream and Pat and Matt's stream videos showing up on the channel.

Ludwing
and
her wrist.

Pat especially seems to be moving into part-time streaming, though I'm seeing it as more of a move away from the channel. If they wanted their streams to be regular parts of the upload schedule, then I don't know why they wouldn't use the channel's twitch account.

Strimei

Ludwing
and
her wrist.

Kinda hope not since I feel that's pretty lazy, honestly. Like I'm fine with them uploading them to the channel as extra, but...eh whatever, we'll see. I still think this is just filler though.

Are these being archived anywhere?

Paige's twitch channel. She's setting up a youtube too now I believe.

Pat especially seems to be moving into part-time streaming, though I'm seeing it as more of a move away from the channel. If they wanted their streams to be regular parts of the upload schedule, then I don't know why they wouldn't use the channel's twitch account.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Even if the streaming is intended as a fall-back/escape hatch, ala Vessel, it's likely to suffer the same fate; at the end of the day that sweet, sweet YouTube money is too good to throw away.

I'm fine with them using streams to pad out their youtube uploads but I'd really prefer it to not be streams that include noises, popups, and pauses to thank subscriptions or whatever. That's the reason I had to stop watching some of their solo streams.

K.Sabot

there's a market for people not thanking subs

i am that market

I will sub to people who don't have it and state they don't use it because it interrupts gameplay.

for instance, I'm subbed to Vinesauce because Vinny is a cool guy that values the quality of the stream over $$$.

SexyFish

Banned

i am that market

I will sub to people who don't have it and state they don't use it because it interrupts gameplay.

for instance, I'm subbed to Vinesauce because Vinny is a cool guy that values the quality of the stream over $$$.

God, I miss the days of Vinesauce chatango. Chat wasn't crazy, was a good time. No crazy Twitch spam.

I don't mind people thanking subs if it's calm and doesn't break the flow of what's going on, like DansGaming. It really only bothers me when it's loud and obnoxious and completely short-circuits whatever conversation was happening at the time.

Then again, I watch a lot of speedrunners, who obviously don't thank subs during the middle of a run at all.

hupla

i am that market

Yeah I actively stay away from streamers who break the flow by thanking subs / donaters I'm the middle of game play

i am that market

Yeah. I was watching the paige stream frog fractions, and was enjoying it, but fucking pat kept interrupting with thanking people for subs. the best part was when he forgot them for a while. thankfully there weren't a ton of new subs, so it wasn't a horrible experience, but now I'm kinda iffy about watching any more stuff there.

K.Sabot

Eh, I have ways to enjoy SBF content without the annoying stops. As long as the actual youtube recordings don't go anywhere I'm fine if they pander for support. I don't really like / watch the SBF streams altogether, outside of the podcast recording of course.

I'm more sad about that stuff encroaching and borderline ruining streams that I did like already.

God, I miss the days of Vinesauce chatango. Chat wasn't crazy, was a good time. No crazy Twitch spam.

It's great because he's been streaming for a very long time now, yet it feels like his (their counting the steam team days) stream has stayed the most pure after all that time too.

also also if you think this annoys me, you could imagine the tortured being that I become when watching AGDQ every year.

No Plague and Bunnyhop instead. The podcast is like 200% better already.

But will Pat survive the 3:40:46 runtime without caffeine?

Edit: Nevermind, he took the coward's way out. I'm glad he did, though, I don't think Sleepy Pat would have been there to necessarily call Woolie out on his bullshit favoritism with ChrisG.

BaasRed

Banned
Just watched the last episode of Dark Souls lp. Pat really needs to let Woolie discover some things on his own! Even the online messages ruined the surprise of the boss fight! Also, why is Pat so smug about stuff he is wrong about? Either way, good lp so far. I just hope Pat loosens up on the """"hints"""" ;^) he gives to Woolie. The element of shock of a new player is very enjoyable.

I didn't want an actual explanation, I wanted an in-joke explanation.

Oh, well... there isn't one, really. The whole thing is entirely and senselessly random, there is no catalyzing event that makes it in any way sensible in context.

Though it should be noted: I just tested and the first Google auto-complete for Super Bunnhop is "blackface" for me, George, not the third...

Edit: Pat baited him into some great lines at the end there, though.

"Just ask if you want to bang me! Don't pretend like you don't want to bang me!" ~Super Bunnyhop, 2017

Anung

Un Rama
Just watched the last episode of Dark Souls lp. Pat really needs to let Woolie discover some things on his own! Even the online messages ruined the surprise of the boss fight! Also, why is Pat so smug about stuff he is wrong about? Either way, good lp so far. I just hope Pat loosens up on the """"hints"""" ;^) he gives to Woolie. The element of shock of a new player is very enjoyable.

This kind of shit from German Spy single handily ruined huge parts of the DeS stream for me. A guiding hand is one thing but when you remove all agency it's just dull as fuck.

I'm kinda indifferent towards streaming. I get the draw but due to time zones I'm never around to actually watch any unless I fuck my sleeping pattern up quite heavily. I get the draw of going down that route, it's easy money, but it's not really for me. Or at least I'm yet to find a decent streamer to change my mind.

Xater

Their opinions about Elusive Targets are stupid. I am glad I am not driven by a dumb completions/content tourist mentality. Elusive Targets are a fun bonus thing, but by no means substantial. Hell you can do most of them in minutes.

Anung

Un Rama
Their opinions about Elusive Targets are stupid. I am glad I am not driven by a dumb completions/content tourist mentality. Elusive Targets are a fun bonus thing, but by no means substantial. Hell you can do most of them in minutes.

For real. Plus they are like the purist form of assassination. An actual Hitman simulation. I'd rather they be on rotation though or something due to usually missing them.

Xater

For real. Plus they are like the purist form of assassination. An actual Hitman simulation. I'd rather they be on rotation though or something due to usually missing them.

They are fun, but claiming they are part of the meat of the game is really overselling them. At least IO said they are committed to continue doing them even after the season ended, so they are always there.

Top Bottom