• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

C'mon, Woolie needs to let Lautrec out.

He doesn't mess your save up permanently, you can still fast travel to Firelink, and you miss out on dialogue from Anastasia AND his sick armor set

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
C'mon, Woolie needs to let Lautrec out.

He doesn't mess your save up permanently, you can still fast travel to Firelink, and you miss out on dialogue from Anastasia AND his sick armor set

Fun fact, you don't actually. In fact, YOU missed out on dialogue by letting him out.
He gets out anyways, and then calls you a douche. His quest line continues no matter what, that guy is determined to kill Anastasia.

MrHoot

The drake sword has completely rotted Woolie's brain, as expected

It does and I love it. Cuz he's gonna get punked super hard later in the game when the drake sword's base value starts to really drop and he won't be able to brute force. I CAN'T WAIT

It does and I love it. Cuz he's gonna get punked super hard later in the game when the drake sword's base value starts to really drop and he won't be able to brute force. I CAN'T WAIT

His inability to use the mace after just ONE encounter was both hilarious and sad. I understand why Pat wanted him to get the Drake Sword, but in the end it's going to cause more problems than the help it gives early game.

Strimei

I'm pretty sure Pat's wrong about the gargoyle tail axe being "forever lost" if you don't get it, since I got an axe from the tail of the gargoyle in Anor Londo.

Unless that was a different axe.

I'm pretty sure Pat's wrong about the gargoyle tail axe being "forever lost" if you don't get it, since I got an axe from the tail of the gargoyle in Anor Londo.

Unless that was a different axe.

I'm pretty sure that one also only spawns once, so he's not entirely wrong.

Anung

Un Rama
Woolies complete lack of direction and sense of place never fails to amaze me. Collision Matrixes have broke his mind.

A few lucky streaks aside it's surprising how badly he's playing consider he's basically been given easy mode.

Still not hating the LP.

Worth pointing out they didn't know about that plan at the time of shitstorm, as mentioned on the podcast.

Plague is psychic or something.
Who knows, maybe Liam suggested it because he was already thinking about it and Command Mission (or something else) was the straw that broke the camel's back.

A.J.

Banned
Looks like the MAGFest Crusaders are ready to go.
C1geJhGXUAUuuWH.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/truongasm/status/817436492062658560

Strimei

Looks like they may play Yakuza 0 for the channel, though its not set in stone. Pat needs to talk to Matt about it. If they don't, he'll stream it instead.

Pat and Woolie being super inconstant in this FNF video by disagreeing whether Kaya or Hikari is better. Pat says the cool one is better, while Woolie says the hot one. Yet Pat is an Asuka fan while Woolie is on the Rei wagon.

Man these Woolie and Pat Fisticuffs are just super feel-good town. I still want Matt back in the game, but this is not bad at all.

However, that was not the Parts Crush I was hoping for, Garnet.

Man, that Shitstorm V compilation is making me think I'm crazy, because I watched that Monstrum video and never noticed not-Matt going "MONSTRUM MONSTRUM MONSTRUM" whenever the monsters were approaching.

I feel like you guys should probably stop with the bunnyhop blackface joke. He genuinely seems to dislike it, and the guys also seem a little annoyed with how the fanbase ran with it.
I'm sure it'll die out eventually like fart gas and bioslime, but I don't know if it's something you can force

lome88

I'm sure it'll die out eventually like fart gas and bioslime, but I don't know if it's something you can force

This is one occasion where we should all try and force it a little. Fartgas and Bioslime are one thing, but constantly associating someone with Blackface does have ramifications beyond just Youtube. It's on Google's search algorithm now, and that shit is going to be incredibly hard to scrub off. It was funny, we all had a good laugh, let's shuffle along now.

joe2187

Banned
You know I never really looked at any of plagues art stuff really. I thought he was just drawing stuff for jokes.

But then I looked at his tumblr.

And after a very lengthy investigation of a couple of days and nights I have come to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe plague is a fetish artist.

More investigation must be done.

The drake sword has completely rotted Woolie's brain, as expected

Just means he's getting the genuine DS1 experience. During the first few months the game was out more than half the people you'd run into on line (co-op or invasion) were using it. The moment it got spread around how to shoot the drake's tail off there was an unbelievable high influx of people using it and getting through a good portion of the game not even trying out any other weapons. I'm just glad he stopped using it as early as he did, but at least he got to see what the deal was with it.

And after a very lengthy investigation of a couple of days and nights I have come to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe plague is a fetish artist.

You're in for some interesting research. As someone who absolutely loves monster girl trash, I've found his art streams to be incredibly fun to watch/listen to in the background of other stuff, but his style definitely is not for everyone. I take it you've watched plenty of his animations in the past?

Just means he's getting the genuine DS1 experience. During the first few months the game was out more than half the people you'd run into on line (co-op or invasion) were using it. The moment it got spread around how to shoot the drake's tail off there was an unbelievable high influx of people using it and getting through a good portion of the game not even trying out any other weapons. I'm just glad he stopped using it as early as he did, but at least he got to see what the deal was with it.

He didn't stop using it though. At least not from any released episodes thus far. He switched to the Mace for 1 encounter, then immediately switched back after it took more than 2 swings to kill the Knights.

This is one occasion where we should all try and force it a little. Fartgas and Bioslime are one thing, but constantly associating someone with Blackface does have ramifications beyond just Youtube. It's on Google's search algorithm now, and that shit is going to be incredibly hard to scrub off. It was funny, we all had a good laugh, let's shuffle along now.

:[ Aww geez I didn't realize it was that bad sorry George

Man, that Shitstorm V compilation is making me think I'm crazy, because I watched that Monstrum video and never noticed not-Matt going "MONSTRUM MONSTRUM MONSTRUM" whenever the monsters were approaching.

spooky edited that in lolz

You know I never really looked at any of plagues art stuff really. I thought he was just drawing stuff for jokes.

But then I looked at his tumblr.

Hmm I "didn't" realize this. "Allow" me to "help" with your "research", and maybe we can "come" to a definitive "conclusion"

Squishy3

He didn't stop using it though. At least not from any released episodes thus far. He switched to the Mace for 1 encounter, then immediately switched back after it took more than 2 swings to kill the Knights.
I haven't been keeping up with the videos but it basically starts to fall off after Gaping Dragon/Blighttown. That's always around when I stopped using it usually.

Gestahl

I haven't been keeping up with the videos but it basically starts to fall off after Gaping Dragon/Blighttown. That's always around when I stopped using it usually.

The instant you get the large ember (or divine if you're running FTH) just about any +6 or 7 weapon (heavy weapons even before that) is going to be far and away better than the drake sword barring any obvious exceptions. It can keep up but it's a handicap way sooner than most people tend to realize or admit

Pretty much, but depending on where he decides to go that could be within the next 2 parts or the next 10.

While I love how Woolie got bodied by Binding of Isaac's opening, I'd rather have the Brigador video if we had to have an hour long episode.

Strimei

I think its fine for Woolie to use the dragon sword thing, it'll be useless eventually and Pat will guide him on to better weapons. Many of us did it (lord knows I did).

Anyway I had a good laugh at the start of Binding of Isaac at Pat saying this was Woolie's childhood. Hooo boy.

Top Bottom