• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Anung

Un Rama
Seriously Pat should just marry Paige legally adopt Elmo as his small cat son and live off that Twitch money forever.

I say Pat and Woolie should emergency LP Dark Souls, a couple days later we get an emergency LP Dark Souls.

I say Pat (and Woolie) should stream XCOM 2, a couple days later Pat does an XCOM2 stream.

I think this might be my Stand.

Maybe Pat's just reading the thread and you're one of the few people he hasn't blocked.

Exodust

Banned
Just started watching Pat's stream from last time. Liked that he started playing DMC4. I know they've said before why they don't want to do character action on the channel, not wanting to be exposed and all that, but I don't really care. They play Souls games with people always bitching at them, and I would love to some DMC, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden playthroughs.

Anung

Un Rama
I got enough to keep my xbone but there's no way in hell I'll be getting a Scorpio now.

Yeah, they better have some real good stuff at the next E3. Having the most powerful machine means jack shit when you have nothing outside of gears of forzalo

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I mean sad, but I never really thought Scalebound looked that good. Still surprised and curious as to why its canceled? I mean, it looked like a working videogame? Microsoft doesn't really have much, you'd thin they'd fight tooth and nail to get every game they can out the door. For christsake, Sony just put out The Last Guardian and that has been rumored to be canceled like eight freaking times.

Menitta

I mean sad, but I never really thought Scalebound looked that good. Still surprised and curious as to why its canceled? I mean, it looked like a working videogame? Microsoft doesn't really have much, you'd thin they'd fight tooth and nail to get every game they can out the door. For christsake, Sony just put out The Last Guardian and that has been rumored to be canceled like eight freaking times.

Like I said in the other thread, I thought it would be like Monster Hunter in that It doesn't demo well, but it's actually really fun.

Xux

Maybe it's just Microsoft being stupid. Remembering that Halo 2 was almost cancelled still blows me away.

Strimei

Looks like the 9 pm video is the reupload of one of their machinima videos (Just Cause 3, specifically).

Kind of feels like things are running on fumes a bit at this point, video-wise. Oof.

Fat4all

Banned
Looks like the 9 pm video is the reupload of one of their machinima videos (Just Cause 3, specifically).

Kind of feels like things are running on fumes a bit at this point, video-wise. Oof.

they've been releasing the old Vessel re-uploads every 2 weeks.

I think Woolie going off to MagFest probably caused the content drought, especially with the rendering fuck up earlier.

That said, since TF2 is over, I wonder what the new 2nd LP is going to be.

Strimei

Wait, did they not have a 3pm video or did Youtube's subscription feed eat it?

Pat tweeted there'd not be one due to Magfest and other reasons.

they've been releasing the old Vessel re-uploads every 2 weeks.

I realize but I recall at least some of them not actually taking a normal upload slot. Just saying, it feels like padding out. I get the reasons why though.

I think Woolie going off to MagFest probably caused the content drought, especially with the rendering fuck up earlier.

That said, since TF2 is over, I wonder what the new 2nd LP is going to be.

Yeah there is that too. We know RE7 is coming but that's still weeks off too so there's gotta be something else.

Xux

Wait, did they not have a 3pm video or did Youtube's subscription feed eat it?

Woolie being at Magfest means they're short:
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/818559878407081984

Also, kind of a vague request:

Does anyone remember what videos have a "please laugh" moment? I remember it being in one I watched recently where Pat says it to Woolie and it's a video where at least one other person is in it and I swear it happened another time.

Also, kind of a vague request:

Does anyone remember what videos have a "please laugh" moment? I remember it being in one I watched recently where Pat says it to Woolie and it's a video where at least one other person is in it and I swear it happened another time.
Fuck, I remember this being in a Matt/Woolie/Pat video I rewatched like a week or two ago... Maybe Afro Samurai 2 (even though that had Liam in it too)? IIRC, it had something race related in it, and that was why Pat was like "please laugh."

Order

Fuck, I remember this being in a Matt/Woolie/Pat video I rewatched like a week or two ago... Maybe Afro Samurai 2 (even though that had Liam in it too)? IIRC, it had something race related in it, and that was why Pat was like "please laugh."
Yeah, it was in Afro Samurai 2. Woolie was laughing silently but Pat wanted audible sound so the audience wouldn't think he was a piece of shit.

Xux

Yeah, it was in Afro Samurai 2. Woolie was laughing silently but Pat wanted audible sound so the audience wouldn't think he was a piece of shit.
Hands down i think that was my favorite SBFS moment ever. That entire LP was fucking gold!
Oh yeah! Thanks! The random crap YouTube recommends me re-watching.

https://youtu.be/mD-7Q4Rqwtw?t=14m4s

Oh god, the podcast preview image:
C10dt5mWIAEx6qW.jpg

Gestahl

Pat talks about how powerful and amazing heavy armor and poise is in DS1

Refuses to let Woolie wear more than a scrap of cloth because of a shitty roll tier he can't even use well

"Oh good, he's changing off the Drake Sw-"

Just like the Mace, that lasted a whole 2 minutes. These episodes were likely recorded before he realized the problem with the Drake Sword so here's hoping the next session he switches stuff up.

"I'm so hyped for this one. You know Clueless Gamer with Conan? It's being made into a series."
"Yeah, but without Conan."
"Wait what?"
"You're an idiot."

I died.

"Oh good, he's changing off the Drake Sw-"

Just like the Mace, that lasted a whole 2 minutes. These episodes were likely recorded before he realized the problem with the Drake Sword so here's hoping the next session he switches stuff up.

What's the problem with the Drake Sword? He already knows it doesn't scale with your stats.

MrHoot

Pat talks about how powerful and amazing heavy armor and poise is in DS1

Refuses to let Woolie wear more than a scrap of cloth because of a shitty roll tier he can't even use well

I love the playthrough so far but yeah that's what get me.

The one souls game which actually has a good trade off for heavy armor (you get the shittroll, but amazing poise and actual substantial defense boost)

"Play it like bloodborne !"

It really is a shame what BB and later souls did to the playerbase that playing anything than ninja fastroll is considered "bad".

I've been replaying DS1 myself after a long time. God did I miss a lot of shit on my initial playthroughs. But among everything, the pleasure of having actual hyper armor/poise back is great. Really is a shame it went away in souls 2 and 3 (and the excuse for 3 really makes me exasperated)

Gestahl

The mid-roll in DS1 isn't even bad, it's like Pat's forcing him into some warped idea of what he imagines DS1 pvp was like but for pve instead

Top Bottom