• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

ArjanN

Pat faces the enemy in BoI which opens their chest and blasts a beam of energy.

"That's their butthole!"

I mean, that enemy is clearly supposed to be a vagina monster shooting a stream of blood. It even has a little clitoris on top, it's not exactly subtle. That said Pat's is still wrong obviously.

Strimei

I mean, that enemy is clearly supposed to be a vagina monster shooting a stream of blood. It even has a little clitoris on top, it's not exactly subtle. That said Pat's is still wrong obviously.

...and here I thought it was more like a flasher, so guess I was wrong too, haha.

Oh god that makes me view that blood-beam in a whole new light.

Oh, really? I always thought it was just a headless thing opening its stomach.

How many tinted rocks did they miss?

I only noticed one.

But to be fair to them, both of them going in cold on that, it's unfair to expect them to understand the nuances. I think Pat even commented that they had barely seen anything.

Strimei

Really, NL has basically made a career playing this game.

A guy on teh subreddit listed all the videos that guy has done on Isaac:

To give you an exact count, he has:

980 episodes in the original Flash game

42 in Community Remix (mod)

821 in Rebirth (Remake of the flash game)

600 in Afterbirth (Expansion to Rebirth)

23 in Antibirth (Mod for Rebirth)

8 in Afterbirth+ (Most recent expansion)

In total, he has 2474 videos of Isaac alone, not even including the times he's played it on stream.

Jesus.

Matsukaze

I would love to see Pat and Woolie take another shot at XCOM 2, even if only for a stream. That 7-part run was gold and it only got better the worse the situation became.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Binding of Isaac was enjoyable because I liked watching them learn. I kind of wish they'd made it a series instead of one-off. They should update to AfterBirth+ and start a series.

Binding of Isaac was enjoyable because I liked watching them learn. I kind of wish they'd made it a series instead of one-off. They should update to AfterBirth+ and start a series.

That rabbit hole goes way too deep for the Best Friends to do a series on it. That would be like an FFXIV or Monster Hunter series.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I just got XCOM 2 so I'm probably gonna try an iron man run to see if I can get further than Pat.

Im going to give you some solid advice. Dont. Unless you like worthless tome commitments that arent really fun after a point. I tried for XCOM2, and had to back down to autosaves. There wpuld be moments where id lose so bad it be like "Fuck... Guess i cant win the game now."

I would love to see Pat and Woolie take another shot at XCOM 2, even if only for a stream. That 7-part run was gold and it only got better the worse the situation became.
Do at least two runs on Veteran, no Iron Man, before you do that. Trying to learn all the systems while playing Iron Man is the worst.

That said, if you're on PC, I've got some mod recommendations that can make it less painful.

Strimei

XCom talk got me to watch the LP again and god I forgot how quick things go to shit for Pat.

It is amazing.

At least for me things hold together for a few weeks in game...

Fat4all

Banned
They should expand their roster of podcast guests.

I want Slowbeef on the podcast.

I want Jim Sterling on the podcast.

I want David Cage on the podcast.

FlowersisBritish

David Cage has to acknowledge them and their shit talk eventually. If we're lucky, it'll go down similar to the Chris Brown v. Soulja Boy thing will, only in the form of a wrestling match.

You know what would be a good Woolie/Pat playthrough? Majora's Mask.

Pat driving, Woolie guiding.

I would dig that.

I feel like neither of them are actually very big Zelda fans, considering I'm not a very big Zelda fan myself and can still think of at least two instances in just the last week where they completely missed incredibly obvious allusions to Zelda or misunderstood mechanics cribbed directly from Zelda games without even filing off the serial numbers.

I guess Woolie does have a Fierce Deity fetish, though, so maybe Majora's Mask is the one he actually liked?

zeemumu

Im going to give you some solid advice. Dont. Unless you like worthless tome commitments that arent really fun after a point. I tried for XCOM2, and had to back down to autosaves. There wpuld be moments where id lose so bad it be like "Fuck... Guess i cant win the game now."

It's too late, the ball's rolling

Menitta

Got to see Woolie and Liam at Magfest. Hype ass meetup. The freaking fountain kept going off with loud ass music every hour on the hour. Had fun nonetheless.

BTW, there's no 9PM video because the PC went to sleep during the render and Pat didn't catch it right away because it was in the office.

FlowersisBritish

Two things about the latest episode of DS

1, my heart ached at the halbred stuff because they didn't end up picking up the Gargoyle's Halbred. That was the weapon I beat the game with, that and the eagle shield. Love that thing so much.

2, Pat is super right, Woolie has no idea what the Walk of Tranquility miracle is. I am so excited for Woolie, assuming he actually gets hit with it. That miracle is duuuuuuumb <3

Strimei

You know what would be a good Woolie/Pat playthrough? Majora's Mask.

Pat driving, Woolie guiding.

I would dig that.

If you want a fun LP of Majora's Mask, among other things, I highly recommend the Freelance Astronauts. Its pretty damn old but I love their stuff. Pity they've all moved away from one another and don't really do anything anymore.

I miss them.

hupla

If you want a fun LP of Majora's Mask, among other things, I highly recommend the Freelance Astronauts. Its pretty damn old but I love their stuff. Pity they've all moved away from one another and don't really do anything anymore.

I miss them.
Man I haven't thought about them in awhile but yeah Maxwell Adams really killed it with that one, such a good classic LP. Their Fzero GC lp.also rules if only for giving us Sephiroth Goku The Stampede

Strimei

Man I haven't thought about them in awhile but yeah Maxwell Adams really killed it with that one, such a good classic LP. Their Fzero GC lp.also rules if only for giving us Sephiroth Goku The Stampede

Every now and then I go through their stuff. I'm in the midst of a rewatch of their OoT one where they try to beat it while watching all of LotR movie extended editions (and go kinda insane).

I stumbled across their stuff years ago through a random link to their Kickboat saga. Became a huge fan instantly. Leaves me in tears every time.

Strimei

Man what the fuck is Drakengard even

Love this Clemps guy.

Its fucking bonkers, that's for sure.

Pat's stream: I think he got bit by the Binding of Isaac bug as he played it quite a bit.

And now he's streaming XCOM 2!

Pat: You can fuck anything you can rub your genitals on!
Paige: What?

Matsukaze

And now he's streaming XCOM 2!
I say Pat and Woolie should emergency LP Dark Souls, a couple days later we get an emergency LP Dark Souls.

I say Pat (and Woolie) should stream XCOM 2, a couple days later Pat does an XCOM2 stream.

I think this might be my Stand.

EDIT: Oh boo, he's changed his mind and is saving the XCOM 2 stream for another night now. Oh well.

C1tBMa8WEAAxMj1.jpg

Amazing.

Top Bottom