• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Playing nothing at the moment, though I might be trying out Dying Light soon. Been watching a streamer play it and the multiplayer looks fantastic.

The voice acting is super bad, but it's fun to run around and parkour. I haven't gotten very far yet but my understanding is that things just get better as far as movement is concerned.

Also Shovel Knight is amazing as a game but fuuuuck whoever designed this last segment of the game.

The voice acting is super bad, but it's fun to run around and parkour. I haven't gotten very far yet but my understanding is that things just get better as far as movement is concerned.

Also Shovel Knight is amazing as a game but fuuuuck whoever designed this last segment of the game.

https://www.twitch.tv/elajjaz

Been watching this guy play it. I think he's in the middle of the game and movement options seem pretty OP.

What's everyone currently playing?

I've finished Tales from Borderlands (fantastic btw, best one aside from S1 TWD) and I've started Dark Souls 1.

Still playing Dark Souls 1 every now and then. Made Capra Demon my bitch and just got to Blighttown...not having as bad a time as I was hearing it was...yet

Strimei

So, what did you guys think of the event overall?

To me it was a bit iffy, but I really liked how SMO looked, and the new Zelda trailer got me good. Arms looks really interesting, wish it was a launch title. I'll probably only be getting Zelda at launch.

I have a better opinion of it now than I initially did, though I have problems with it (as always, Nintendo is two steps forward, one step back). Still going to wait though for a while for a price drop/more handheld version. I'm not that interested in a console.

I've finished Tales from Borderlands (fantastic btw, best one aside from S1 TWD) and I've started Dark Souls 1.

Hitman (finally got around to playing it), and finally set up my PS4 and about to play so many PS4 games. I've got Dark Souls 3 (again), Bloodborne, Shadow of Mordor, Fate/Extella next week, many others...

So, what did you guys think of the event overall?

To me it was a bit iffy, but I really liked how SMO looked, and the new Zelda trailer got me good. Arms looks really interesting, wish it was a launch title. I'll probably only be getting Zelda at launch.

I'm convinced I didn't watch the same conference as everyone else. My reactions more or less lined up with Liam's. I mostly really like Japanese games, so I was super hyped for nearly everything they showed. Launch is whatever. Zelda will be enough for a while, and I'll most likely check out some of the other smaller stuff as well.

I've been inching towards 100% completion in KH1. Been trying to finish the series before 2.8 comes out. I've fortunately only got about 1/4 of Chain of Memories and all of Birth By Sleep left to play, plus the two movies to watch. Also started streaming Gravity Rush, but started getting super sick after an hour or so and had to stop. Then Liam started streaming and I'm now feeling like I'll just finish it later in the year.

There's also MHG, FFXV, and everything else in my massive backlog, but I'd be here for hours trying to catalog all that.

I'm always playing mhg, but just the other day I started actually playing shovel Knight plague of shadows. I first played it back when it came out, but I wasn't really feeling PK then, now I feel like have a much better handle on him. Some how I missed that you can hire a certain lightning theme character and receive letters from some one called grandma swamp...

Xux

Scumbag Pat streaming when the 6PM video goes up.

He doesn't want people cribbing his sick classical and goodless The Glory of the Force tech.

Pat's stream is up.

Reading of FFXIV patches, Binding of Issac, and DMC4 are gonna be played.

That sounds riveting

I know little of FFXIV so it probably actually is :p

Apparently TB may've donated something on Pat's stream?

Thinking its more likely just someone using TB's name though.

edit; Apparently it is. And he's going to match some donations made to Pat to charity or somesuch.

sshhhhiiiiieeeeeet

Strimei

Apparently TB may've donated something on Pat's stream?

Thinking its more likely just someone using TB's name though.

edit; Apparently it is. And he's going to match some donations made to Pat to charity or somesuch.

edit: Or maybe not. Who knows. Whoever it was said they're matching donations though so if that's true, that is nice.

Strimei

I leave for half an hour to make something to eat/clean dishes and come back to Pat still reading the FFXIV patch notes.

And there are 1,414 people (myself included) watching. Why.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Kay kay kay, so Bunnyhop made a Review of 2016 video that I pretty enjoyed. He opened it with a joke about Brexit being a bad idea and Trump admitting to sexual assault and tax fraud. Like thirty seconds tops. His comment section is amazing right now, holy shit! It's been awhile since I remember how toxic youtube comments are.

Menitta

Just preordered Nioh...I don't even like Souls games. I only like Bloodborne lol.

Think that might be an LP down the line? I know they said it won't happen but...look at us now.

Edzi

Just preordered Nioh...I don't even like Souls games. I only like Bloodborne lol.

I don't even think Nioh is particularly souls like. At least, it doesn't really "feel" like a souls game, though it's obvious it got some inspiration there.

Menitta

I don't even think Nioh is particularly souls like. At least, it doesn't really "feel" like a souls game, though it's obvious it got some inspiration there.

I get what you mean, like gameplay wise there's a clear distinction, but in the grand scheme of things they're really similar. Like it's the easiest comparison to make.

Also there's a reason I'm choosing to get it. It's clearly different.

Moonlight

Banned
This FNF is pretty radical. I think a lot of the good "feel" of the game comes from those really solid hit stops.
I was kinda expecting something relatively boring but reasonable white noise ala that time they did that Touhou game and was surprised to see how fucking hype it was. Who knew a game with chibi anime sprites would also be a ridiculously cool game about fast as hell, super hard-hitting boxing. The way some of those fights turned on a dime, god, that was legit.

MrHoot

Goddamn the latest SuperBunnyHop vid is polluted by mad /pol/kids who didn't like his 15 secs intro about trump. But it's also hilarious to see them this mad.

Also that FNF is hype as hell, I might have to pick this up. It seems straightforward enough that I could easily get into it.

Man I really miss Matt and Liam on these vids FNF tho ;_;

Frimaire

I can't fucking believe Pat streamed himself reading the FF14 patch notes for literally over an hour and a half.
That's like what somebody would say Pat's streams are like as a joke.
I still watched it...

convo

Holy shit Baiken, but more Holy Shit ArcSys offering an upgrade path to the last version of their fighting game? Took them long enough for both.

Think that might be an LP down the line? I know they said it won't happen but...look at us now.

I get what you mean, like gameplay wise there's a clear distinction, but in the grand scheme of things they're really similar. Like it's the easiest comparison to make.

Also there's a reason I'm choosing to get it. It's clearly different.

Nioh is a game that was clearly inspired by Souls but also clearly had it's own vision and identity. It's like Souls but it doesn't want to be Souls. And that's the thing that gets me when people just trot out the "cheap souls ripoff" line, what do they mean by cheap?

Is it cheap budget? Clearly not, this game looks amazing and certainly on par with the best of Souls.
Is it cheap narrative? Nioh's story is not a rehash of Dark Souls lore and it's characters are nothing like Souls.
Is it cheap design? If anything I would challenge that Nioh has surpassed Souls in certain aspects.

Anyway I don't know what's Woolie's take on Nioh but I remember Pat being a massive coward and backed down after the Alpha =p So I doubt they'll do more than just a one-off.

lol, just got done watching this clip. Those Woolie noises.

A wounded beast's mating call.

Anung

Un Rama
Ugh I'm so excited for RE7 I went out and bought a PS2 and all the Resi games I don't own. Grabbed Outbreak file 1 & 2, Dead Aim and Gun Suvivor 2 and all the Onimushas for a very reasonable price.

I'll be waiting till I've played RE7 myself before watching the LP but I hope it's a good LP. My standards are sky high when it comes to their RE LP's.

So after the initial hype wore off, I'm thinking it'll be a better choice to buy a Wii U and BotW than a Switch.

The more I look at the Switch, the more I realize there's like nothing exclusive that I need to play until Mario.

Anung

Un Rama
So after the initial hype wore off, I'm thinking it'll be a better choice to buy a Wii U and BotW than a Switch.

The more I look at the Switch, the more I realize there's like nothing exclusive that I need to play until Mario.

I feel like in a year or so the Switch will be worth it but right now I'm still burnt by buying the Wii U day. I'm punting my Xbone and keeping hold of the Wii U cause at least it's small library is interesting.

I'm surprised Pat was so positive about the Nintendo Presentation.

He's generally positive or at least north-of-neutral on Nintendo. He just ends up looking otherwise because Matt's sort of, uh... effusively optimistic on the subject, let's say, and Pat seems to feel a need to be combative or at least counter-balance Matt's viewpoint.

No Matt means he can just sort of relax into a generally reasonable perspective that's honestly pretty reflective of the broader audience.

(To be fair, Matt has the same deal: when Pat's not around he's more willing to be critical of Nintendo. The way they feed into each other on the subject is honestly the only part of their group dynamic I don't like.)

Menitta

I feel like in a year or so the Switch will be worth it but right now I'm still burnt by buying the Wii U day. I'm punting my Xbone and keeping hold of the Wii U cause at least it's small library is interesting.

Same. I'm also burnt by getting the Wii U near launch. Although the difference right now there's software on the horizon I'm really looking forward to. Zelda, FE Warriors and Mario Odyssey are the three that I can justify a purchase, but two of them are not at launch, and after what seemed like a lock for Scalebound, I'll wait for Mario Odyssey to be out.

Xux

Kay kay kay, so Bunnyhop made a Review of 2016 video that I pretty enjoyed. He opened it with a joke about Brexit being a bad idea and Trump admitting to sexual assault and tax fraud. Like thirty seconds tops. His comment section is amazing right now, holy shit! It's been awhile since I remember how toxic youtube comments are.

Goddamn the latest SuperBunnyHop vid is polluted by mad /pol/kids who didn't like his 15 secs intro about trump. But it's also hilarious to see them this mad.

Also that FNF is hype as hell, I might have to pick this up. It seems straightforward enough that I could easily get into it.

Man I really miss Matt and Liam on these vids FNF tho ;_;
Yeah, you might be surprised how many come out of the woodwork when you out yourself as intelligent and possessing self-respect.

And yeah The Glory of the Force is pretty hype. Weird that Pat stopped picking different characters so early but I guess they needed to fill the episode.

Praise the Sun, brothers. The usurper known as Drake Sword is dead.

LTTP on this but I'm about to start SMT 4 Apocalypse since I just got the Neutral ending in IV (which sucked)

And I've been chipping at Hitman 2016 which I'm Pat levels of bad at. Game is trying to get me to be all "accidental death" but nothings more accidental than a bullet to the head

Top Bottom