• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Praise the Sun, brothers. The usurper known as Drake Sword is dead.

LTTP on this but I'm about to start SMT 4 Apocalypse since I just got the Neutral ending in IV (which sucked)

And I've been chipping at Hitman 2016 which I'm Pat levels of bad at. Game is trying to get me to be all "accidental death" but nothings more accidental than a bullet to the head

lol, you and me both pal. Last Hitman I played was years ago so I'm rusty as all fuck but still having a ton of fun.

Not that this has to do with anything but fucking damn, S1 of Arrested Development is super strong, a kind of rarity in that comedy shows take a season or two to really hit their groove.

Gestahl

Did Woolie both pop souls and not level up and enter the box explicitly to put away the boss soul and left without ever trying to find it or am I starting to hallucinate bad souls play in my brain now

Strimei

Woolie confusing Saber from Fate/Stay Night (and other Fate games) with Claire from Claymore cracked me up.

To be fair, both are blonde women wielding a rather large sword, so confusion is understandable.

zeemumu

Frank and Sons is cool but it's pretty cramped in there because of all the vendors. I hope they let Matt use that open area in the back for the meetup.

You know I feel that it would look weird for Woolie to be wearing full Harvel and wielding a teeny spear... Is there like a chunkier dex weapon for him to use?

You know I feel that it would look weird for Woolie to be wearing full Harvel and wielding a teeny spear... Is there like a chunkier dex weapon for him to use?

Naw fuck that. He's gotta go the other way. Give him a tiny dagger to go with that shit, so he can just walk through attacks like they are nothing to get the back stab bonus damage or w/e daggers do.

Just finished watching the Mothers basement video about the video game opening panel they did at magfest..

I don't know why I was expecting to see one of the intros to World of Warcraft, or The intro to FFXIV A realm Reborn.

I guess that means they have a reason to do another one of these again, to catch all the intro they missed.

Well, Woolie just made the Capra demon his bitch. What a pathetic showing from Capra. Woolie seems to be doing well with the spear and heavy poise.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

I'm fully expecting Woolie to use Dragon Slayer Spear and only hope someone tells Pat about the faith requirement before that becomes an issue.

Just finished watching the Mothers basement video about the video game opening panel they did at magfest..

I don't know why I was expecting to see one of the intros to World of Warcraft, or The intro to FFXIV A realm Reborn.

I guess that means they have a reason to do another one of these again, to catch all the intro they missed.

Game intros are such a weird idea for me because I forgot they even existed honestly. At first I was like "How many 'good' ones are there really?" But over a few days of careful thinking, there are a lot more than I would have first given credit for.

Fat4all

Banned
kDjY1He.gif

Souls players.

1392255096559.gif

big dick OG Woolz

I'm fully expecting Woolie to use Dragon Slayer Spear and only hope someone tells Pat about the faith requirement before that becomes an issue.

Game intros are such a weird idea for me because I forgot they even existed honestly. At first I was like "How many 'good' ones are there really?" But over a few days of careful thinking, there are a lot more than I would have first given credit for.

On the panel they went over a little bit about the criteria of their choices, but its unfortunate that it kind of eliminates some of the older console games with some good intros.

FlowersisBritish

Dragon slayer spear doesn't have a faith req (but it can scale with it). Should know, i'm using it right now :U

Ah you're right. I just kind of assumed with the faith scaling. Honestly, watching them go through the maze of DS1 level design has me all sorts of nostalgic. Fast travel in the later games is great, but man do I miss that feeling of "Shit, now I got to walk BACK!" It's part of the reason I don't use fast travel in Elder Scrolls games, there is something about the busy work of traveling that makes you feel so part of the world.

Ah you're right. I just kind of assumed with the faith scaling. Honestly, watching them go through the maze of DS1 level design has me all sorts of nostalgic. Fast travel in the later games is great, but man do I miss that feeling of "Shit, now I got to walk BACK!" It's part of the reason I don't use fast travel in Elder Scrolls games, there is something about the busy work of traveling that makes you feel so part of the world.

I don't often praise Elder Scrolls games, especially in the same breath as Dark Souls, but the fact TES has actual overland navigation makes a pretty big difference there. Riding a horse through meadows and rolling hills just tends to be a lot more pleasurable and useful as an action/tension-break as opposed to trudging back through sewers you already cleared out.

(See also: Ocarina of Time, Shadow of the Colossus, etc.)

Strimei

Man I really enjoy the Quantum Break vessel-video thing they reuploaded. Some of their recent machinima stuff was hit or miss and this one's a hit by my books.

FlowersisBritish

Co-signed

Tro-signed. I am getting mildly tired of Patt and Woolies voice in my head all the time. A little more variety would be great. Also, I miss Matt telling me about terrible horror movies. I want him to tell me about the Bye Bye Man in his dumb abridged explanations. I laughed really really hard at at his summary of Sinister 2 way back.

I do want to hear Matt's review on Monster Trucks, and I think enough time has passed from the Switch presentation that he and Pat can probably discuss it without everything going tits-up.

Anung

Un Rama
If he went on vacation because he doesn't like criticism then he shouldn't even come back because that's not going to change.

It amazes me how thin his skin can be for someone who has to put himself out there as a part of his work. Probably why is Twitter is such an eco chamber.

I genuinely hope this break has reinvigorated him for when he does come back.

It amazes me how thin his skin can be for someone who has to put himself out there as a part of his work. Probably why is Twitter is such an eco chamber.

I genuinely hope this break has reinvigorated him for when he does come back.

That's my main gripe about him. I'm not saying the man has to be indestructible because getting thousands of voices coming at you daily can get pretty crazy, but he seems to only surround himself with people who say he's the best and does nothing wrong and it's caused him to grow even more thin skinned.

Top Bottom