• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Xux

They should replace the Liam holding the Miku body pillow in the Stream splash graphic with a Liam body pillow.

Strimei

Chewy and Fuckface got nine minutes to get this ball rolling. Will they make it in time?

edit: As of 10:54 pm EST, Pat said it'll start in like 2 minutes. We shall see...

Man I've never been more excited about a console I probably won't own

Is Liam gonna be all by himself? No Cranky or anyone? I like him but I need the hype unison and banter for this

Xux

I have them both on Multitwitch with Matt's Twitter as it's own window.

Also, I hope Pat and Woolie get it up in the next half hour.

mattiscummingowk5a.png

Edzi

Liam's stream is still going. Gotta say, I really really like his format. It's very casual, and he just dove right into information hunting after the stream which is exactly what I would have done myself without the added Liam commentary.

Fat4all

Banned
So, what did you guys think of the event overall?

To me it was a bit iffy, but I really liked how SMO looked, and the new Zelda trailer got me good. Arms looks really interesting, wish it was a launch title. I'll probably only be getting Zelda at launch.

Edzi

So, what did you guys think of the event overall?

To me it was a bit iffy, but I really liked how SMO looked, and the new Zelda trailer got me good. Arms looks really interesting, wish it was a launch title. I'll probably only be getting Zelda at launch.

I liked it, but they need more games. Launch numbers are weak, and then even after that there are huge gaps. Obviously there will be more, but it's worrying. Still, despite that the games that were actually announced all sound good.

Menitta

I'm very excited about the games they showed. Mario Odyssey and FE Warriors are gonna be system sellers for me. Not a fan of paid online but w/e. Overall I think it was a good presentation. I wasn't gonna get a Switch at launch anyway after getting a Wii U at launch, but I do think it'll be a better console down the line than the Wii U is.

Launch lineup is a bit weak, but again, I wasn't aiming for launch. I'm really excited for E3.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
It had one job. Sell me on a Switch. And honestly, it did just that. Not that it matters, not like I'd even be able to find one in stock when it comes out. Couple things of mind though. Paying for online (unless its super cheap) will be a killer for a lot of people. Outside of Splatoon, I can not think of a single game I'd play exclusively online on the Switch. Super surprised Zelda is a launch title. The line-up is pretty bad, but none of that really matters because Zelda looks amazing. Really waiting on that list of Wii-U ports and specifically if Bayo 2 is on it. God I hope it's on it.

Fat4all

Banned
Yeah, It sucks that Nintendo is gonna start charging for online, but I don't imagine there will be any games I really want to play online on the Switch.

Most of the Nintendo games I play multiplayer I usually only play locally.

kadotsu

Banned
Yeah, It sucks that Nintendo is gonna start charging for online, but I don't imagine there will be any games I really want to play online on the Switch.

Most of the Nintendo games I play multiplayer I usually only play locally.

Best case: Pay for two months to play some Splatoon 2.

Worst case: Pay forever because Mario Maker sharing is locked behind a paywall.

Well, I'm sold on the Switch, with SMT V, NMH 3, and Odyssey, which seems to be everything I want from a Mario game. Launch is pretty weak, so I don't feel compelled to try to get one at launch. I'll probably get one when Odyssey comes out. It'll be a nice secondary console. Already pay for PS+ so I probably won't pay for online unless it's cheap enough.

Honestly, I catch the VODs for event let's watches, because I usually watch the Easy Allies streams, since they have pre- and post-show coverage with rumor roundups and conference analysis, plus pretty good reaction stuff. SBF Let's Watches are more fun for the reactions and random chatter, not so much the analysis.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Any way you look at it, the fact is that it's what, a month later? And Liam's already got a stream and Youtube set up to, as far as we can tell right now, do virtually the same things he was doing with the Best Friends, just solo. Maybe not specifically doing LPs, but still, talking about video games in front of a camera. It just seems...weird. If it were just anxiety, I feel like he wouldn't have so quickly gone back to streaming/Youtube. I'm not going to push the matter any further because frankly, it's nobody's business but Liam's as to why he left the group. I just think there's definitely more going on behind the scenes that we don't (and may never) know.

Maybe the anxiety has nothing to do with the mundanities of producing video content and more to do with being part of a group whose fans regularly singled him out for criticism or put him at odds with the rest of the group and made him feel like a misfit? He never said anything about the workload was the issue--in fact, he never went into detail about it at all, it could be totally unrelated to the fans or the other guys or anything else and him streaming on his own doesn't necessarily contradict anything.

More immediately, the dude just quit his job; he's gotta do something to earn a living.

As always, Warframe. Wrapped up with Doom and trying out Dying Light although some setting in there isn't agreeing with my CPU. Also got to the base of the final tower in Shovel Knight but fuck those moving wall hallways crushing me.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
As always, Warframe. Wrapped up with Doom and trying out Dying Light although some setting in there isn't agreeing with my CPU. Also got to the base of the final tower in Shovel Knight but fuck those moving wall hallways crushing me.

I should pop back in to Warframe for a bit sometime soon. Just got Ivara the last time I played. She's pretty fun.

I should pop back in to Warframe for a bit sometime soon. Just got Ivara the last time I played. She's pretty fun.

The one they just added, Nidus, is probably their best designed Warframe ever. It's a really neat combination of using two abilities that cost Energy to generate stacks of "mutation", and then using those stacks for the other two abilities. It also helps that he's fun as hell to play.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The one they just added, Nidus, is probably their best designed Warframe ever. It's a really neat combination of using two abilities that cost Energy to generate stacks of "mutation", and then using those stacks for the other two abilities. It also helps that he's fun as hell to play.

Oh nice, I hadn't heard about him. Looks fun. I still mostly roll with my Valkyr and Nyx Prime, though I also have Saryn, Excalibur, Ivara, and Vauban. That Valkyr nerf a few months back hit me hard, but she's still my main.

Menitta

I'm playing a bunch of shit right now.

Gundam Breaker 3
Ace Attorney 6
FFXV
Watch Dogs 2

I'll drop everything when Yakuza 0 comes out. In addition Nioh is coming out too.

Edit: Oh yeah I;m still playing Titanfall 2. That's not gonna stop for a while.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Haven't been playing much. Hopefully picking up FFXV this weekend, but I've been really busy with work and personal projects. Also depression has been full gear on me since the new years. I try to play something but I end up losing motivation.

Playing nothing at the moment, though I might be trying out Dying Light soon. Been watching a streamer play it and the multiplayer looks fantastic.

Also likely going back to FFXIV next week for the new patch.

Top Bottom