• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
That's my main gripe about him. I'm not saying the man has to be indestructible because getting thousands of voices coming at you daily can get pretty crazy, but he seems to only surround himself with people who say he's the best and does nothing wrong and it's caused him to grow even more thin skinned.

Agreed. As much as I miss him, I totally agree that he needs to do something about how sensitive to criticism (or, since it's the internet, outright insults) he is. I realize that's not always (or ever, really) an easy proposition, though.

Woolie: I like Rupert because he reminds me of Professor Badass

E7A1sJF.png

oh my gooooooooo

Edit Fuck Blighttown I lost 8000 souls because of those two fire puppers right at the bonfire I'm so mad grrrrr

Isn't it the best? No other zone in any souls game has ever gotten me to feel the kind of genuine frustration that Blighttown did... It was a masterpiece...

I thought the place was really cool until
those tiny fly fuckers

If Woolie gets through with no problems I'm gonna be hella mad

ArjanN

Alright so where will Woolie suffer next since he aced Capra with no problem at all?

Maybe somewhere with traps or falls, like Sen's Fortress or Tomb of the Giants. I don't really see him having trouble with bossfights much.

Edit: Oh right and blighttown maybe, but everything is much easier with someone there telling you where to go.

Maybe somewhere with traps or falls, like Sen's Fortress or Tomb of the Giants. I don't really see him having trouble with bossfights much.

Edit: Oh right and blighttown maybe, but everything is much easier with someone there telling you where to go.

Assuming Pat remembers where to go. That's not even a dig on him, I've beaten DS1 at least ten times and I couldn't really remember the right way to navigate from the Gaping Dragon direction. Like any sane person I did it that way once and have backdoor'd that miserable shithole speedrunner style every subsequent time unless I really needed Power Within or something.

Though I guess at least having Pat to point him toward the bonfire will be nice.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Isn't it the best? No other zone in any souls game has ever gotten me to feel the kind of genuine frustration that Blighttown did... It was a masterpiece...

I wouldn't call Blight town "frustration" as much as "Anxiety inducing." I think the
Toxic blow darter early on
is great because it creates a pseudo
count down timer that's just slow enough you don't feel pressured to rush through, but it dwindles your estus and you do end up hurrying
and it creates a great feeling of claustrophobia and uncomfort.

Parasite Eve 2 seems just kind of boring. Maybe its because I never played it

I actually think it looks way better than I thought it would, and I really dug the rpg/transistor battle system it had going on before.

MrHoot

I was always surprisingly okay with blighttown (hate the swamp part tho) but my personal nightmare has always been tomb of the giants. Such a shitty zone, and the noise from these dog skellies put a chill on my spine still.

Siegcram

That would be super weird considering neither Pat nor Woolie seem to have ever heard of him before the last week or so.
Eh, he's done podcasts before where the hosts didn't know much about him besides being "the Isaac guy". Most notably with slowbeef and Diabeetus and he's still funny and knows how to roll with it.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Wasn't he trying to get healthy like a year ago? I guess that's not a thing anymore. Woolie definitely lost a ton of weight though.

I'm pretty sure that was Mat, he got advice from a diet coach or whatever too. I think Pat's more content with dying fat, which I can't really fault him for. It's a good way to die.

I'm convinced that Paige is actually just Pat's twin sister.

I am too kinda. Listen, I don't want to come off superficial or anything (okay, I kind of do actually) but how does a woman like Paige end up with Pat???????? Like.... how the fuck did that happen? He came at her with hands covered in caaaaaake Good on them I guess?

Maybe pat is just ultra charming when he's not in front of the screen.

But smearing my hands in cake and trying to tag the mrs is certainly something I would see myself doing.

Matsukaze

I enjoyed Pat's quick change-of-heart in the Stray Demon fight probably more than I should have.

Before: "Teehee, have fun, Woolz! Enjoy the fight I lured you into!"

After watching Woolie land a couple hits: "Uh-oh... you aren't hitting him for shit... this wasn't part of my plan..."

Xux

Pat, a cheat sheet for the West Coast:

San Diego
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Portland
Seattle
Vancouver

That's it, really.
San Jose has a hockey team so that might be important to a Canadian.
So does Anaheim but that's pretty much just counts as LA.

San Jose has a hockey team so that might be important to a Canadian.
So does Anaheim but that's pretty much just counts as LA.

The San Francisco sprawl hasn't swallowed San Jose yet? Lazy gits, how is the housing price crisis not driving the formation of a proper Megacity?

Xux

Pat keeps bringing up the X-Files Base but Woolie doesn't laugh like Matt does.

It's pretty sad, not gonna lie.

joe2187

Banned
That reminds me. I want an xfiles podcast where all it is is matt and pat describe episodes.

Alternately also a star trek one as well.

Top Bottom