• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

I dunno, I think that had to happen no matter what, because there didn't seem to be any other plot progression triggers they could've used. There wasn't even an option to
poke the arm with the machete
or anything else.
Nope. They even said it themselves. It did NOTHING. The card they needed is available where they found it with that trap having nothing to do with it.

Liams not in this LP though
btw is Scary Game Squad good?
ive reached my breaking point and need more Until Dawn faster

They are good but be warned that they are far more drunk which can be frustrating, 4 people can make it much harder to follow the conversation since they talk over each other, and honestly they aren't as funny because of it and also spoilers for the game
They are able to figure out the plot much much faster because they are paying attention more and know more about horror movie tropes and thus spoil a lot of the mystery of the game.

They are good but be warned that they are far more drunk which can be frustrating, 4 people can make it much harder to follow the conversation since they talk over each other, and honestly they aren't as funny because of it and also spoilers for the game
They are able to figure out the plot much much faster because they are paying attention more and know more about horror movie tropes and thus spoil a lot of the mystery of the game.

can you reccomend a better one then
i dont have a PS4(yet) so its my only option

MrHoot

I dunno, I think that had to happen no matter what, because there didn't seem to be any other plot progression triggers they could've used. There wasn't even an option to
poke the arm with the machete
or anything else.

Nah,
I got through my playthrough without losing my fingers. It's just a fluff point for the story. Sam will have a different reaction to you later on wether you have your fingers cut or not. But it's an absolutely avoidable situation. Just don't touch the suspicious arm thing :eek:

At certain points in the UD LP I close my eyes whenever I'm expecting a jump scare because I'm a pussy.

Word of advice, if you're really jumpy or don't want to be scared
be prepared for Ash and Chris's spooky ventures

Just a matter of taste no ? I think in general he's not a fan of most things sweet. Also diabetes, there's that.

Since I learned how to make easy pancakes tho, I feel like i'm unstoppable

Oof, didn't know about that. Glad he's getting in shape (well all of them actually.)

MrHoot

Rewatching a compilation, I kinda miss the mailbags a little bit ;_;, although I totally understand why they stopped it (also the drama surrounding it wasn't super nice sometimes, although mostly due to dumb fans, like the same ones downvoting the vids)

It also acted as a shopping catalogue for me

Rewatching a compilation, I kinda miss the mailbags a little bit ;_;, although I totally understand why they stopped it (also the drama surrounding it wasn't super nice sometimes, although mostly due to dumb fans, like the same ones downvoting the vids)

It also acted as a shopping catalogue for me

I wish it kept going. But I think it got a bit too big for them. Like all the weapons, Gurren Lagann blurays, used sex toys and live ladybugs.

kewlmyc

I wish it kept going. But I think it got a bit too big for them. Like all the weapons, Gurren Lagann blurays, used sex toys and live ladybugs.

It was mostly the weapons that ruined everything. Who the hell though sending them freaking weapons in the mail was a good idea?

Neol

Ahh a new video, all shiny and chrome.

hR5dPjNAQMfx.gif

dh4niel

Is it me or is the frame rate on the Mad Max video terrible after about 8 minutes in? I don't remembering hearing that about the game on console. :/

Skrams

I thought the framerate issues were because I watched it on my phone, but man, that's bad, really bad. Also intro music is certainly recorded off a phone.

The episode by itself seems fine, but it doesn't do anything for me. I don't care for cutcutcut and it especially makes me more lost for when it's a newer game that I'm pretty unfamiliar with.

It looks pretty alright for the average open world thing, but it's definitely not something I care about paying $60 for right now when I could just play MGS5. I might pick it up later when it's on the cheap because it looks neat enough.

Speaking of Pat, what was that whole deal of his sleeping arrangements?

Can't remember exactly what was so weird...

I think the deal is that he just encapsulates himself in blankets. Just wraps himself up like a caterpillar so he somehow can't move when he sleeps. Then he just somehow passes out from the blankets putting him in a CQC hold or something another.

MrHoot

Framerate aside, Mad max looks fucking cool. Too bad it comes in a month of vidya overload but I'll probably pick it up next month.

It's kind of a shame about WB. They have a ton of very good devs under their hat but the business practices of the actual publishers are garbage. I really hope they change their ways cuz it's a bit depressing for the talent they have in the dev teams

Skrams

https://www.vessel.com/shows/6783989323580619?tab=videos

So just wanted to mention this since I saw it on the reddit a day ago and thought it was super weird.

I guess Vessel is a subscription service so youtubers or whoever can make some more income I guess. A few parts of best friends videos not yet up on youtube are on the service and that's pretty weird. The next DR, UD, and 2 more parts of the MGS5 LP are all up. I guess they might talk about this on the podcast next week or something, but for the moment all I can say is this is weird.

Good for them. Vessel is an interesting service that seems to work well for the people who sign up for it. The best part is that if you don't care, it doesn't affect your feed on youtube at all.

But that said, discussion is going to get weird here if people are watching the videos days ahead of time.

Lucky for me I have a free year of Vessel from when LinusTechTips moved over.

So just wanted to mention this since I saw it on the reddit a day ago and thought it was super weird.

I guess Vessel is a subscription service so youtubers or whoever can make some more income I guess. A few parts of best friends videos not yet up on youtube are on the service and that's pretty weird. The next DR, UD, and 2 more parts of the MGS5 LP are all up. I guess they might talk about this on the podcast next week or something, but for the moment all I can say is this is weird.

Huh, that's neat I guess. Though I'm confused as why this went up with no fanfare.

They'll be rolling in bison dollars in no time!

No but really, if they found another source of income from doing vids, more power to them.

Might join up once shitstorm hits, those are like crack to me.

Yeah, he makes the blankets tight across the bed and slides in and out from the top so he doesn't have to make his bed.
No head board then. In essence, he's doing a Costanza right?

Some of those are months old episodes of Freedom Planet, some of the 'exclusives' aren't real exclusives, and machinima is all over it.

Mike also now informed me it's part of the Machinima deal.

They've publicly said they have no complaints, but y'know, it is public. That said, being with a network is really important for living off a YT channel, it protects you from a lot of copyright worries, and is a good amount of their income.

It's just 80% of what I hear of Machinima is that its pretty terrible as far as contracts go, a lot of shady shit and such. Eh, could be they're the lucky few with no complaints but I doubt it.

As long they as they can make quality videos on a regular basis (while making a living off of it of course), I'm cool with whatever.

EDIT- Did they ever mention makin a proper forum on their website? Coulda sworn they talked about it a while go.

The difference between Pat and Matt in terms of their madness is that Pat's madness makes him stronger.

Unless it's regarding his neurotic fear of bugs.

That doesn't.

Top Bottom