• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Numb

Ron-Burgundy-Stare-and-Nod.gif

Man, listening to Matt, Liam, and Woolie discuss Phantom Pain on the podcast and what Metal Gear is now while I'm sitting her playing Subsistence again is the weirdest thing due to what to me feels like difference of opinion based primarily on concepts of what the series should be.

Like, I criticize this series so damn much for going against what proper stealth should be, yet the constant discussion from them and the Phantom Pain LP made me get a buy a copy of MGS3 and finally play through Ground Zeroes which I had on my PS4 via PS+ for months now. I like them for the stupid absurd stories, except when I get my hands on the controls and then I start caring about stealth game conventions.

Skrams

Honestly? I just kinda don't want to.

I think, after 3 years of watching/listening to them virtually every day, I might be a little tired of the Best Friends. =/

Just take a break if you really need to. I'm not sure if you're just tired or have some discontent since none of the current content appeals to you or not. I assumed it was that when you were bummed by the last podcast description. I don't think it's a problem if you're a little burnout or not. Just pick and choose things if you're still interested in some content here and there or take a break. Eventually new LPs will spring up in however many weeks/months time and you might be interested again. Burnout is a common thing and I don't think it's that surprising to get it every now and again. Especially after 3 straight years of absorbing their content. Take a break, chill out, watch wrestling, read another Moon Knight comic, and do whatevs. We'll still be here if you want to pop back in. Probably.

demidar

I hear the giant bomb thread is getting into their golden year of threads.

I've been consuming more Giant Bomb stuff since Austin came online, to the detriment of the Super Best Friends (also the only LP I was interested in was Until Dawn until Giant BEast came and ate its lunch).

Squishy3

I've been consuming more Giant Bomb stuff since Austin came online, to the detriment of the Super Best Friends (also the only LP I was interested in was Until Dawn until Giant BEast came and ate its lunch).
Austin is great, it's a shame Alex Navarro turns me off listening to the Beastcast. :/

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Alex's cynicism and dry humor helps keep me sane. Vinny is too great of a person for my bitter soul.

Yeah, it'd be a shame if someone helped destroy that thread too :p

Drew being John Cena of the group and Dan the heel is amazing.

Cheer up. We always have Ultimax to look towards too.

Drew being John Cena of the group and Dan the heel is amazing.

Cheer up. We always have Ultimax to look towards too.

Drew can't be John Cena, since he doesn't get enough boos. He's more like Daniel Bryan. Dan being Seth Rollins totally works though.

#BelieveInTheAnniversary

Drew can't be John Cena, since he doesn't get enough boos. He's more like Daniel Bryan. Dan being Seth Rollins totally works though.

#BelieveInTheAnniversary

Persona 5 Arena announced tomorrow to be released alongside Persona 5
Ultimax cancelled for Fisticuffs forever
Skala falls into everlasting Despair

=P

Ultimax cancelled for FIsticuffs forever

=P
I love the notion that somehow he wouldn't care about a P5 Arena even happening, he only just cares about Ultimax.

Remember it's all in good fun, skLa. Nothing personal.

Ultimax cancelled for FIsticuffs forever

=P

Something student something hope

I love the notion that somehow he wouldn't care about a P5 Arena even happening, he only just cares about Ultimax.

Remember it's all in good fun, skLa. Nothing personal.

I'm the kind of bastard that would dismiss everything P5 Arena related and campaign ultimax even after its death. Like a 3S player who just can't let go.

I know. I never take anything personal.

Top Bottom