• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Disgraced

You're ALWAYS going to get a fraction of your fanbase that doesn't like what you're doing. For example, I don't particularly care for FNF and I didn't care for the Nemesis LP but I wasn't saying they should just dump it all and start something new because it was a waste of time. A lot of people seem to think they have tons and tons of backlog and can just dump a new LP whenever when that's very clearly not the case.
You have to realize it isn't just you and it isn't just me. You may have disliked the Nemesis LP and aren't fond of FNF, but on the whole those things are received positively. This is a different circumstance—Danganronpa is being received poorly by a lot of people, not just me.

It doesn't matter if they don't have the backlog yet, sometimes like all creators they should take the L and get their ass in gear. I don't understand why you're defending their time and their work so aggressively. This is their job. I'm not their best friend and I don't think you are either, we're fans. Viewers. We can even be critics and scheduling is something you can validly criticize!

ArjanN

I'm kinda confused with Until Dawn.
spoilers ahead.
Is Mike
dead?
Why is
Sam going into the sanatorium alone?

-
maybe
-
Sam has climbing experience, she's the only one who can climb the rock wall. I think it was a bit more clear in a different playthrough I saw, so I don't remember if there was more optional dialogue about that or they talked over it.

You have to realize it isn't just you and it isn't just me. You may have disliked the Nemesis LP and aren't fond of FNF, but on the whole those things are received positively. This is a different circumstance—Danganronpa is being received poorly by a lot of people, not just me.

It doesn't matter if they don't have the backlog yet, sometimes like all creators they should take the L and get their ass in gear. I don't understand why you're defending their time and their work so aggressively. This is their job. I'm not their best friend and I don't think you are either, we're fans. Viewers. We can even be critics and scheduling is something you can validly criticize!

Stopping a playthrough halfway through fucking sucks though and is really always the worst option.

MrHoot

Unrelated note, but I got saint seiya soldier soul recently. Quite pleasant, as an old fan of saint seiya. Although like ASB it's a fanservicey game. Although holy fuck could they at least give out a bit more characters in battle from the get go. Everyone apart from the main 5 has to be unlocked :I (although there is a password screen, to my huge surprise. Haven't seen those since the snes era/ps1 era. Wonder if i can unlock some through that)

Dunno if they're gonna do a FNF with it or not. They're probably not fans of saint seiya at all

Stopping a playthrough halfway through fucking sucks though and is really always the worst option.
Yeah, they've stated they'll never quit too often, 'cept ReBoot, but y'know.

The content should go up for the people who like it, just what Glithces was saying is to release episodes at 6pm or something, so nobody complains about it taking up a timeslot.

That said though, now that they're moving to vessel, I bet it'll be a bit before they have a comfortable enough buffer to let them do that.

So what you're saying is that the minority opinion doesn't matter?

aly

So what you're saying is that the minority opinion doesn't matter?

Nah it matters, but I think it's important to take a step back and also address why the majority may not like the content that is getting put out. The dislikes and views on DR are pretty consistent and that can't just be chalked up to "Oh people are just salty because this isn't UD, Metal Gear, etc." No there is a real problem with the lp. They must have noticed that too, since the last few UD episodes have been more consistent now than they were at the beginning.

Tonights podcast is gonna be so good.

Matt MGSV salt (and maybe podcast salt in general). Liam's Silent Hill salt. And Pat being salty about everything.

Siegcram

Just don't watch the damn LP.
There's myriads of content out there. I don't understand getting pissy about free videos because they "take up a spot".

aly

Would you all be taking this stance if you enjoyed the LP yourselves? Probably not.

Yes. I mean there must be a reason why I would be in the minority. People have given plenty on reasons other than just being a niche series.

There's myriads of content out there. I don't understand getting pissy about free videos because they "take up a spot".

There seems to be plenty of people not watching, but even the ones that are seem to have complaints.

Disgraced

Would you all be taking this stance if you enjoyed the LP yourselves? Probably not.
What's your point? Should I not dislike or like or feel anything particular about the LP (or anything)? Do you want me to be apathetic about it?

I already said it's not that the minority opinion doesn't matter it's that with entertainment the majortiy matters more. Pffffft, criticism, whatever. 'Enjoy what you like say nothing about what you don't.' Fuck that.
Are you serious?

What the shit is this thread for?

What if I'm paying for it early on Vessel?

Oh wait! I forgot, free content isn't exempt from criticism getting pissy about.

I see DR:AE is still a divisive LP
well enough for people to still be talking about it
. But it isn't doing terribly in the slightest, though it is getting roughly 50% of the views of the other LPs currently running on the channel. It isn't like no one is watching it, because people are. But way more people are watching other LPs.
I haven't watched any of it because spoilers and such, but I am going to assume it isn't Nuzlocke levels of bad. If DR:AE was getting 4-5 digit number views, then maybe I'd agree with the idea of pushing it out the main light. But it isn't.

I really should get watching all these videos. A Yomi FNF and a new Matt's Bombass? I'm looking forward to watching these.

Breads

Banned
What's your point? Should I not dislike or like or feel anything about particular about the LP (or anything)? Do you want me to be apathetic about it?

I already said it's not that the minority opinion doesn't matter it's that with entertainment the majortiy matters more. Pffffft, criticism, whatever. 'Enjoy what you like say nothing about what you don't.' Fuck that.

Are you serious?

What the shit is this thread for?

What if I'm paying for it early on Vessel?

Oh wait! I forgot, free content isn't exempt from criticism getting pissy about.

...my point is that this is my opinion?

You know how they work, right? It works both ways. You get to have yours. Everyone else gets to have theirs. S'all good.

I see DR:AE is still a divisive LP
well enough for people to still be talking about it
. But it isn't doing terribly in the slightest, though it is getting roughly 50% of the views of the other LPs currently running on the channel. It isn't like no one is watching it, because people are. But way more people are watching other LPs.
I haven't watched any of it because spoilers and such, but I am going to assume it isn't Nuzlocke levels of bad. If DR:AE was getting 4-5 digit number views, then maybe I'd agree with the idea of pushing it out the main light. But it isn't.

I really should get watching all these videos. A Yomi FNF and a new Matt's Bombass? I'm looking forward to watching these.

It's not bad. Turning the language to Japanese and getting fast and loose with the text/ prompts is a bit harsh but honestly the disparity is mostly coming from the fact that people really want to see MGSV and Until Dawn. It's a coin flip and for a lot of people Ultra Despar Girls is a loss. Being a Dangan Ronpa fan I'm digging it. I just wish they would cut out some of the gameplay or post longer videos. At this rate the series is going to take like 40-60 parts.

aly

I hope Capcom announces that they're going with DmC2 instead of DMC5 just to see Woolie suffer for my phantom pain.

Why are you such a hateful person? I think I would honestly cry if DmC2 got announced over DMC5. Especially after announcing Umbrella Corps.

ArjanN

Then that means your quoting me and response doesn't make any sense.

I saw that sentiment going around in the comments, I know it wasn't what you were saying specifically, I was making more of a general statement. I just quoted you to make it obvious what I was talking about and if the shoe doesn't fit you can just ignore it without having to be weird about it.

Nah it matters, but I think it's important to take a step back and also address why the majority may not like the content that is getting put out. The dislikes and views on DR are pretty consistent and that can't just be chalked up to "Oh people are just salty because this isn't UD, Metal Gear, etc." No there is a real problem with the lp. They must have noticed that too, since the last few UD episodes have been more consistent now than they were at the beginning.

There's definitely some issues with it I agree, the main one being that they're playing a game that requires you to have played 2 other, superior games for context. However, no one here can deny that the VAST majority of hate it gets in terms of dislikes is purely because it wasn't UD or MGSV.

kewlmyc

It's not bad. Turning the language to Japanese and getting fast and loose with the text/ prompts is a bit harsh but honestly the disparity is mostly coming from the fact that people really want to see MGSV and Until Dawn. It's a coin flip and for a lot of people Ultra Despar Girls is a loss. Being a Dangan Ronpa fan I'm digging it. I just wish they would cut out some of the gameplay or post longer videos. At this rate the series is going to take like 40-60 parts.

I just hope they stop skipping so much dialogue by the time they get to chapter 3, 4, and 5. Also kinda salty they keep forgetting most of the names for the DR1 and 2 cast. It renders the whole hit list card collecting useless.

Disgraced

I saw that sentiment going around in the comments, I know it wasn't what you were saying specifically, I was making more of a general statement. I just quoted you to make it obvious what I was talking about and if the shoe doesn't fit you can just ignore it without having to be weird about it.
Okay, I get it. It wasn't at all obvious to me. I apologize for my rude remark.

aly

Its fineeeee. If its in house it could be good.

True. But it's still such an odd game to use to celebrate the anniversary of the brand.

I just hope they stop skipping so much dialogue by the time they get to chapter 3, 4, and 5. Also kinda salty they keep forgetting most of the names for the DR1 and 2 cast. It renders the whole hit list card collecting useless.

I keep hearing that Chapter 3 is where it really picks up, so hopefully they take that advice.

Disgraced

There's definitely some issues with it I agree, the main one being that they're playing a game that requires you to have played 2 other, superior games for context. However, no one here can deny that the VAST majority of hate it gets in terms of dislikes is purely because it wasn't UD or MGSV.
You shouldn't be required to play a prequel to enjoy an LP of a sequel. Firstly, because let's play is a transformative work that tells its own story. Secondly, because it's not my job as the viewer to provide context.

Also, dislike ≠ hate (hence the word "dislike," not "hate"). In fact, from my understanding of YT's system, it works as its ratings system by aggregating the reactions to provide a score (that little meter below the two buttons). In short, likes and dislikes are for feedback. Feedback is good.

Its monday and my football team sucks so im a salty bastard today.

image.php

Until dawn 14 spoiler time.

Mike's alive? What the fuck? How? The game showed him get tackled to the ground by that wendigo! How in the hell did he get away from that? This may be the biggest ass-pull I've seen in a while.

Skrams

I've always liked the idea of having an unsuccessful LP pushed to the side so that it releases as an extra release along with everything else. It's a lot harder on them since they would have to record a lot more since it'd basically just be an extra, but it's a pretty easy solution to deal with the criticism. I'm not saying dump it on the floor like a bag of garbage with shit commentary, but I'd probably hear less about DR being a bummer if it was a weekday release as an extra video. Having 2 Souls-like LPs going on right now as in taking 50 parts? I don't know if they planned this well.

Think of it as unintentional comedy. It's absolutely possible to enjoy something not for what it was designed to be. But that happening means that the something most likely failed at being what it was designed to be. Does that make any sense?

I understand completely. I just listed it because I remembered reading you sort of had an issue with it, but I just misinterpreted it which lead to my comment. I think the shitstorms have both aspects where there's some bullshitting between them and also things that rely on the game. I just personally have seen the videos enough that I can kind of remember the pretense for things, so I'm left with classic matt and pat ramblings I enjoy. The amount of times I've fallen asleep to Illdefonse is too many.

Mike's alive? What the fuck? How? The game showed him get tackled to the ground by that wendigo! How in the hell did he get away from that? This may be the biggest ass-pull I've seen in a while.

It's Fiiiiiiine.

Sam came in as he was russtling with it.
Also, I've read places that you need to find every clue related to Hannah and Beth to save Josh but I think you really just need those last two clues they found.
One more episode to go it seems if they do more than 30 minutes like most final episodes go.

Plot armor so thick and shiny, it'd put most knights to shame.

The Zaibatsu are entertainers, but is that what they are first and foremost? I think if they saw the channel as a job and not something that was entertaining for them as well, they wouldn't have the fanbase they do.

I see no reason why once in a while, they can't play something that they want to play without going crazy over what would give them views and likes. Woolie and Liam are both very big Danganronpa fans, the latter of which has been vocal about it for a while now. Doesn't need to cater to their fans if they're having a good time.

Disgraced

The amount of times I've fallen asleep to Illdefonse is too many.
Don't get me wrong, I have also fallen asleep many a time to some of their videos. (;
The Zaibatsu are entertainers, but is that what they are first and foremost? I think if they saw the channel as a job and not something that was entertaining for them as well, they wouldn't have the fanbase they do.

I see no reason why once in a while, they can't play something that they want to play without going crazy over what would give them views and likes. Woolie and Liam are both very big Danganronpa fans, the latter of which has been vocal about it for a while now. Doesn't need to cater to their fans if they're having a good time.
I respect this position so much more than "lol don't watch it if you don't like it."

To an extent, I even agree. However, the question is should they place the kind of content they enjoy doing more than a sizable portion of the audience in the regular schedule? I don't think so.

And I'm sorry to beat the fuck out of the dead horse, but note that that Danganronpa simply being what it is/Woolie and Liam wanting to do the LP because it's something they enjoy is absolutely not my problem with the LP. I actually think the best LPs tend to to be the ones of games the LPer either hates or loves, because that means there's passion, therefore effort, therefore quality. While Woolie & Liam may love the previous DR games, they do not have that same passion with Despair Girls and it shows.

aly

Which is what makes the lackluster commentary so confusing. Maybe this game is less interesting than the others?

kewlmyc

Which is what makes the lackluster commentary so confusing. Maybe this game is less interesting than the others?

The last podcast had them hoping that the next game is a visual novel. It might be that they're not feeling this game.

It doesn't hold a candle to the real games. They would have easily brought the same level of entertainment as UD did once they got going. The court cases are some of the hypest shit.

Skrams

Until Dawn Part 14 -
I like the amount of focus on Mike since he's a really fun character, but man, either it's just the matter of choices or non choices or every other character gets shafted fucking hard. Matt has just fucked off super hard and Jessica has fucking nothing. I can only hope they come back in a somewhat meaningful way for the conclusion. BUT GOD DAMN THAT FUCKING JOSH DISS WAS SO GOOD. The pig shit was also fucking great. No idea what Matt meant by the pig having human eyes though.

Don't get me wrong, I have also fallen asleep many a time to some of their videos. (;

I didn't set that joke up for nuthin.

The game is definitely not as interesting as the first two games given that it's a spin-off TPS that focuses on two unimportant characters. That said, they would probably find it more interesting if they did a better job paying attention to the game.

Top Bottom