• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Squishy3

Amazing.
Anything can be done and is possible it seems.
no ultimax by them or the sbf tho lol
twitch plays ultimax would just be them battling over whether they can turn on the option to let story battles play automatically or not

zsynqx

19fzu147opm6ggif.gif

Oh jeez, just realized people spoiled today's episode of UD days ago. Spoilers are bad enough, can we have extra spoilers for videos that aren't even on YouTube?

Skrams

I spoilered all my stuff with "Until Dawn LP spoiler" leading it, should we start including parts?

I mean, yeah, if you're just saying Until Dawn spoiler and not including the part then anyone who's watched the latest youtube part could think you're referring to that instead of Vessel.

Until Dawn Part 13
Well that Mike maybe death was flaccid. I understand that Matt wanted to wait for the dog, but fuck. The game seems to give you a lot of extra chances to save characters though, so I'll assume they're still on the path to perfection.

I mean, yeah, if you're just saying Until Dawn spoiler and not including the part then anyone who's watched the latest youtube part could think you're referring to that instead of Vessel.

Until Dawn Part 13
Well that Mike maybe death was flaccid. I understand that Matt wanted to wait for the dog, but fuck. The game seems to give you a lot of extra chances to save characters though, so I'll assume they're still on the path to perfection.

Yeah....I don't THINK Mike can die that way. I have never seen that fail there so I don't know.
Also for part 13 spoilers
Thank God Matt decided to stick with the group. I forgot the detail of the Wendigo's being able to mimic victims and dear, sweet Ashley got her head taken off for it.

zeemumu

Yeah....I don't THINK Mike can die that way. I have never seen that fail there so I don't know.
Also for part 13 spoilers
Thank God Matt decided to stick with the group. I forgot the detail of the Wendigo's being able to mimic victims and dear, sweet Ashley got her head taken off for it.

Until Dawn Spoilers

Matt and Sam are the only characters who can't die until the end.
I like how they
accidentally saved Ashley because they mistook the Wendigo for Jessica.

Numb

Waiting for that KI FNF now that Woolie is enjoying it and Matt loved it from the start.
Hope it happens soon or atleast when season 3 hits.
The better they are the more we enjoy it too.

Order

Oh wow (early Until Dawn spoilers)

Apparently that entire scenario with Matt and Emily getting her bag was pre order DLC. That's so weird.

Until Dawn Spoilers

Matt and Sam are the only characters who can't die until the end.
I like how they
accidentally saved Ashley because they mistook the Wendigo for Jessica.

Yeah, I just never had Mikes time in the sanitarium end that quickly. I did have Sam save him the first time when I didn't pull the trigger and it cut to them in the sewer. 2nd time I shot the barrels and then he meets up with same later. Looking back at my old play through, they missed like 5 minutes of stuff. Now I'm really interested how it all plays out from there.

Apparently that entire scenario with Matt and Emily getting her bag was pre order DLC. That's so weird.
That explains things.

Tcab96

He likes cussing people out during conversations. I still think that's fucked up, I just don't feel it warrants a federal case about it anymore.

I wouldn't say he likes cussing people out during conversation. This is one of the few instances I remember Liam actually angry with someone else in the best friends in a non-joking manner.

Granted, I was pretty surprised to hear Liam put some Venom in his voice. Barely remember the last time that happened in a SBF video/podcast with the other members.

So, I just beat The Phantom Pain, and I didn't even know I did.
That's a more obvious "this game isn't finished" than Stair Fax Temperatures.

I wouldn't say he likes cussing people out during conversation. This is one of the few instances I remember Liam actually angry with someone else in the best friends in a non-joking manner.

Granted, I was pretty surprised to hear Liam put some Venom in his voice. Barely remember the last time that happened in a SBF video/podcast with the other members.

I was surprised too. I'm used to hearing the guys say "shut the fuck up" to each other, but little innocent Liam actually said it like he meant it.

Dom? He will always be John Doe smartest dude ever to me. He doesn't have the genius face/trope which is the best
Yup. He's shaving his head/bald now.

That said, a lot of the commercials on TV are starting to get surreal/weird. One of those new Lincoln Matthew McCoughnahey ones felt very American Psycho to me, just with weird existential monologing in it.

Numb

Really dreading getting to the ending of this game the more i hear about.
Glad i'm early stages and will start going slow and as perfectly as i can muster.
Yup. He's shaving his head/bald now.

That said, a lot of the commercials on TV are starting to get surreal/weird. One of those new Lincoln Matthew McCoughnahey ones felt very American Psycho to me, just with weird existential monologing in it.
Been bold since forever.
Don't watch much tv so couldn't tell you what went down there. Twitch has bullshit ads tho. So much goddamn WoW ads.
I DON'T PLAY THAT!
Show me fite game ads on the fighting channels i exclusviely watch there instead.

Don't watch much tv so couldn't tell you what went down there. Twitch has bullshit ads tho. So much goddamn WoW ads.
I DON'T PLAY THAT!
Show me fite game ads on the fighting channels i exclusviely watch there instead.
The website's ads are just as bad (when I see them - half the time they don't play until after the video, even with Adblock off & ad scripts enabled). They're mostly Blizzard games like Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone or shit I don't care about. I wouldn't mind Mazda ads, but fuck the beauty product ads.

God, it makes me appreciate sites like Full30, where the ads are actually relevant to the target demo of the content.

Numb

The website's ads are just as bad (when I see them - half the time they don't play until after the video, even with Adblock off & ad scripts enabled). They're mostly Blizzard games like Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone or shit I don't care about. I wouldn't mind Mazda ads, but fuck the beauty product ads.

God, it makes me appreciate sites like Full30, where the ads are actually relevant to the target demo of the content.

Atleast the ones i see on Gaf are so mainstream i am not bothered.
Got James Bond now. I like the movies so i'm cool. Even get games sometimes when i don't get the bullshit disney channel ads.

almost done with Chapter 1 of Phantom Pain
all the gunjumping in the world wont help Liam in some upcoming missions
also i was expecting Metal Gear tonight
i stopped playing for nothing it seems

Man, Matt has been grating on my nerves as of late. THere was the Sonic Adventure play through where he was drunk and super negative throughout the whole thing. He was also similar to that during Star Fox Adventures. Then there seems to be times where he just plays badly on purpose, feigns inability to play, or just straight does stuff for no good reason (like in the latest UD episode where he just refused to pickup the clue, Pat wanted to see the back of, again. Liam even semi called him out in the latest Mystery Box where he was like "how about you try and do something as opposed to nothing at all."

When he cares about something, like Rustlemania he goes all in but when it's something he isn't feeling he just seems to phone it in.

Matt probably loves UD out of all them. He even said it in the LP that he had to hold down R2 in order to read the note. I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to put it down.

The 'not' boss fights against you know who and the other guy are what really get me... I bet 6 more months in the oven, those would have been real fights, and awesome ones at that.

Also, the rumors of a third act, where you go to a third area and actually finish the game's plot really... really bum me out.

Hope they still tease with Ultimax after the next Persona fighter comes out and has been done for FNF too.
They only got beef with Ultimax. BB too

My pet theory for the Ultimax beef, is Woolie is butthurt about the Kanji X Akihiko match up getting harder in Ultimax, is terrified of Pat cackling over his beaten body, and that's why he won't put it on fnf.

MrHoot

What really ? i didn't preorder the game (bought it digitally after it came out) and I still got that scene

Top Bottom