• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

So Vessel confirms that
Undertale
is the next LP. No idea what to make of that because some people are convinced that is won't be good LP material. I'll probably avoid it because it seems like on of those games you need to play yourself.

They pretty much confirmed that on the podcast anyway, so it's not a super surprise. The team is
Matt/Liam
double blind. So we'll have to see how things roll. I think there's good promise.

Holy fuck the podcast outro. I never got into RE do I didn't know anything about this, oh my god it just keeps going. Is there some thematic reason for that song in the game?

I think they feel like they screwed up and are trying to pretend Vessel never happened.

No, I feel like they're preparing for something, that they're just super late in having something ready. They're not that stupid to keep trying to pretend no one knows. Here's the full post from the forums.

From Matt via SomethingAwful
We aren't super ready to go for a full blown explanation yet (wait a few more weeks) but here's the gist of it. Vessel is a completely separate premium video service, and you pay 3$ a month for everything it has, there's stuff like epic meal time, and another LPers like Seananners, etc.

The videos will be three days ahead of youtube. If you want to take advantage of that and watch stuff early, please do, if you don't, continue watching on youtube. I'm fine with either. If you sign up for the service and reference us when you do so, you get your first month free to try it out, and see if you like it. If you hate it, don't continue.

This was a deal presented to us, and us as a group, accepted it, and the contract lasts for one year. There's a couple of reasons why we chose to do this, but without going into a lot of details, the failure of our site was one of them. It was made and maintained by another company altogether, and we've been a bit unhappy with the progress (or lack thereof) on getting it up to code and adding features.

As for Machinima itself, I'm sorry some of you feel it's an evil corporation or whatever that burns baby monkeys, but we wouldn't be where we are without them. They've always treated us fairly, flown us out to various events, and have contributed alot more than you'd assume to the channel. Until they actually slight us or treat us poorly, we're content to stay with them as they have let us do our own thing the way we want.

Also guys, I post in here fairly regularly I guess, and you are directly asking me, so I felt compelled to reply. And while this is not top secret hush hush information, I'd appreciate it if you could keep it to yourselves for now, we'll be making a formal video or at least a text announcement in the coming weeks so everyone gets the low down.

It's kind of amazing how much Matt has to beat the "MACHINIMA DOES GOOD BY US" drum and yet people still don't listen.

Also I think I have to get the new LP game now. First episode was rly good.

Skrams

Another LP I'll need to hold off on. I got to about Mission 15 in MGS5 before putting it on the backburner for a little bit, so all I'm left with is the Shitstorm at the moment since Until Dawn is finishing up next episode. It's a bit of a drought for me, but oh well. I should probably play the game for the new LP already.

Geg

Currently about halfway through my playthrough of
Undertale
, glad to see they'll be doing it. Hope the LP does the game justice

lol this'll be fun. Can't wait for it to go up.

End game spoilers:
They'll probably realize that genocide isn't the way to go, the game is really good at steering you the right way and making you feel like a piece of shit when going genocidal.

Also they probably can't finish genocide because of its extreme difficulty.

Numb

Woolie trashed matt the last time they played... but maybe the fact Matt's been keepin at it all this time means he might have caught up?

Matt is hyped enough for it to train just to beat his ass.
Anything is possible. It will be good one way or the other. I can see Pat already trying to find ways to ditch.

This girl sitting in front of me in class is looking up pictures of some girl from danganronpa and im wondering if i should slam her laptop screen and tell her that her favorite game is shit.

Numb

This girl sitting in front of me in class is looking up pictures of some girl from danganronpa and im wondering if i should slam her laptop screen and tell her that her favorite game is shit.

rfLbv.gif

You have become salt incarnate.
Mad at the world that denied you Ultimax so you lash out at anything.

Skrams

why so vindictive even

And she's probably into the anime and doesn't even know the game is a game.

I dont even have the Monday salt excuse. I got a 100 on my quiz, a B on my english paper and got chipotle for lunch. Maybe I'm just an asshole in general.

why so vindictive even

And she's probably into the anime and doesn't even know the game is a game.

Nope. Its a girl from the second game or UDG because i don't recognize her since i only played one.

Man, I am really pumped with them playing Undertale.

I bought it on Friday, and got the last ending yesterday. I really enjoyed the game.

I had to restart from my first game because I thought I had to kill goat mom to make it through the gate, but didn't kill anything else. I felt horrible!

IZC

my mom fell for that facebook price change hoax hook line and sinker
which is wierd as i shoulda known it was a hoax and not wasted my time trying to find a dead emails information
prob missed it over MGSV audio since i was playing it while listening to the podcast

JC Sera

I've been getting all my friends to play this game
just one yesterday I got to play
he
actually started killing things for exp, when he realised you don't get any from sparing them
heres a transcript about lesser dog
11:44 pm - Friend: why is this dog a penis
11:44 pm - Me: you know
11:44 pm - Me: I didnt think of it that way
11:45 pm - Friend: Penises don't do this....
11:45 pm - Me: *plane noises*
11:47 pm - Friend: Is it worth petting after it goes off the bottom?
11:47 pm - Me: not really
11:47 pm - Me: its just fun
11:47 pm - Friend: OKAY
11:47 pm - Friend: MURDER TIME

JC Sera

signed up for vessel
this is actually really interesting as a new buisness based off the success of youtubers

I'm really intrigued to se where this goes

only name I've recognised so far in their catalog is Julian Smith

edit: ugh this "reactive ui" is gross, I can't find episodes easily
give me a nice list form not intersecting blocks

Disgraced

signed up for vessel
this is actually really interesting as a new buisness based off the success of youtubers

It's certainly interesting. The online entertainment business + let's play is fascinating in general as it's something really unlike anything before. The Digital Age continues.

Also, yeah, Vessel's design is fucked.

Skrams

signed up for vessel

It's not great, but the next best thing is just using this page and opening up the videos in new tabs.

His comment on the SA forum was equally baffling. "keep it a secret" on a forum...everyone can see...publicly.
Pretty sure the whole point of Something Awful these days is that you CAN'T see it unless you bought a forums account. So I can see where the idea came from in Matt's post. Unless it's only direct links to an on going thread or something that are still public and not navigating the site.

Either way, I've got no reason to keep my mouth shut about it now since it got shared anyway.

JC Sera

ON VESSEL SHIT STORM IS BACK

also thanks a lot Skrams for that link
Pretty sure the whole point of Something Awful these days is that you CAN'T see it unless you bought a forums account. So I can see where the idea came from in Matt's post. Unless it's only direct links to an on going thread or something that are still public and not navigating the site.

Either way, I've got no reason to keep my mouth shut about it now since it got shared anyway.
can confirm this
I cant see anything
which is sad, I mainly went there for Dungeon World mega thread and
the original dangan ronpa lets play that began it all

I'm really confused about this Vessel stuff and why they haven't publicly announced it. There stuff is obviously going up on it now...
I can't imagine Vessel wouldn't be like "don't advertise our site" or something.

Eh it is weird, I don't understand it, Vessel spoilers are weirdly a thing now?

Top Bottom