• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Skrams

A little off topic, but I know the group and the Best Friends are well populated with DMC4 lovers so this seems like as good as any place to ask,
I got the special addition and I have to say, feels rough. Why is the sound so messed up, is their a recommended setting so I can actually hear people talk? Also, feels really slow, should I go straight into turbo mode?

There's always the OT for SE. I don't know why you're having trouble hearing people talk during cutscenes. Just turn voices up in the settings if it's a problem. If the game somehow feels slow then turn turbo on to see how it feels. Most experts say you should, but eh, do whatever feels better to you. Also the game is going to feel slow at the beginning when you have less abilities. Especially since you're only Nero at the beginning.

There's always the OT for SE. I don't know why you're having trouble hearing people talk during cutscenes. Just turn voices up in the settings if it's a problem. If the game somehow feels slow then turn turbo on to see how it feels. Most experts say you should, but eh, do whatever feels better to you. Also the game is going to feel slow at the beginning when you have less abilities. Especially since you're only Nero at the beginning.

I guess I should give that OT a look.
No voice bar in the menus. Just SFX and Music. And I am early in, but Nero's movement speed is... it's just bad. I'm going to try some more tinkering.

Skrams

I guess I should give that OT a look.
No voice bar in the menus. Just SFX and Music. And I am early in, but Nero's movement speed is... it's just bad. I'm going to try some more tinkering.

I don't know what to tell you about the voices then. The voices are all fine for me and you could look at any cutscene on youtube to see if it's different for you.

Nero's movement options are limited early on until you get Snatch. Speed helps too.

Compressing textures to work in Civ is a pain with command prompt...
Wasn't sure what symbols to use for Pat and Liam, so I'm going with the new merch ideas for now, might change Pat's though
3ECugkQ.png

Done (Mostly) so far:
-XML for Leader and Civs
-Artwork for Leader and Civ icons
-Civ traits, unique buildings and units (Still deciding on who gets what)

Still to do:
-Lua coding
-Game text based on unique civs interacting with each other ie. Matt when talking to Pat/Woolie/Liam/Default
-Art for unique units/buildings + religions

The Lua coding and all the different game text will be the most time consuming part, but I'm aiming for a Christmas release providing the Australian wildlife doesn't knock me off first.

Liking 2spooky month so far, Lucius video was great once they got past the 1st puzzle.

I don't know what to tell you about the voices then. The voices are all fine for me and you could look at any cutscene on youtube to see if it's different for you.

Nero's movement options are limited early on until you get Snatch. Speed helps too.

I don't know, I've been alternating between 5 games today and DMC4 is the only one with this problem. I've disabled my surround sound, fiddled the bars. Lowenthal is still barely whispering his dialogue over the background noise.
Maybe my tv hates capcom I guess. Atleast, tho, switching to Turbo mode and buying the run function fixed the speed, so at least the gameplay's there now.
Not really playing it for the story anyways, I guess.

ArjanN

Well fuck, this Martian Gothic game looks like something I want to play. Wonder how it emulates. But I was just going to start Snatcher...

Hmm... decisions, decisions.

Martian Gothic has a PC version, that's where I played it back in the day. Not sure how well it runs on modern machines. And I'm not sure if it's easily available anywhere.

It's definitely one of the better Resident Evil clones, and I think would,make for a really good full let's play.

Pat was overthinking that map hard, it's pretty obvious once you've explored a bit.

I love this one, loops for you

Its obvious if you read the tagline on steam
if you play the game completely blind and come from a strong rpg gaming background, and don't really play stuff like animal crossing and other peaceful games...[/SPOILER]

I guess I have more of western RPG background where you always want to go for the pacifist option if there is one.

Disgraced

Martian Gothic has a PC version, that's where I played it back in the day. Not sure how well it runs on modern machines. And I'm not sure if it's easily available anywhere.

It's definitely one of the better Resident Evil clones, and I think would,make for a really good full let's play.

Pat was overthinking that map hard, it's pretty obvious once you've explored a bit.
The PC version's going for a few bucks used and up to thirty bucks new from Amazon sellers, but yeah, it might be a hassle to get running. PS1 version's going for a few bucks used and gets real pricey/up to seventy new; I'm just going to get it used and run it in ePSXe, it's probably more reliable.

It was an obvious "no shit" to me where they were when they checked the door with the yellow tag and only saw one yellow spot on the map. Pat freaked out for no reason.

Now, that collision on the space zombies, woof!

A little off topic, but I know the group and the Best Friends are well populated with DMC4 lovers so this seems like as good as any place to ask,
I got the special addition and I have to say, feels rough. Why is the sound so messed up, is their a recommended setting so I can actually hear people talk? Also, feels really slow, should I go straight into turbo mode?

Audio mixing is really bad. Not sure there's much you can do for that on ps4.

Also yes, immediately go to turbo mode. It makes it so much better

MrHoot

Finished undertale, got the "true ending".
Fuck it, i'm not touching the save file. Everyone's happy

Looking really forward to Matt and Liam's playthrough of this. Although I wonder if they'll get emotional while playing. This game gave me heartbreaks several time

ElTopo

Banned
Alien Resurrection seems impressive for a PS1 and I would of liked to see what it would of been like on a PC. Although we should really know that Matt still shouldn't be allowed to control a game like this. The amount of time getting lost or not understanding the controls even though he's already used them is wow.

I just blame Matt for Alien Resurrection considering his usual incompetence with getting lost in games or not trying things out.

The irony is that Matt was a tester. So you'd think he'd try things out more.

MrHoot

Haha that Pat comment while Woolie is being cautious while doing the level with the shell holding

"Hey look it's Bloodborne !"

MrHoot

Also Pat is right about the mushrooms as it worked that way in one of the games (I don't remember if it's mario bros 1 or like...mario land even ?)

Also Pat is right about the mushrooms as it worked that way in one of the games (I don't remember if it's mario bros 1 or like...mario land even ?)

It was in 3, although it doesn't seem to work in 3 on Mario Maker. Guess it's just something they didn't bother building into the system or something.

Shouldnt ep 3 of Undertale be up by now?
i wanna see if they recorded being called out live on stream by a sun flower

We're not getting Undertale for a while.

Well, Pat said that it has always been like that which is not true. SMB3 was the first time it was introduced. Not sure if World or any of the other games had that mechanic.

MrHoot

We're not getting Undertale for a while.

Well, Pat said that it has always been like that which is not true. SMB3 was the first time it was introduced. Not sure if World or any of the other games had that mechanic.

Ye true. Also thanks for pointing out SMB3, i got it wrong myself.

In a SBF argument, nobody wins ´_>`

Xiraiya

Goddamn that Kholat thing
Them wondering if it's really Sean Bean narrating the game and then proceeding to never shut the hell up long enough to even tell.

EDIT: Pat if you maybe don't run EVERY game in 4k on your 970, you wouldn't have had to set everything to low, not every game will deal with it well enough to be worthwhile.
Pick your battles.

Running 2011 games or DSII in 4k? Amazing.
Most things within the last 2 years? Not a great idea.

Skrams

Doorways: Holy Mountains of Flesh - Shitstorm 4: Matt & Pat's Scariness Marathon

Website Link

Youtube Link

Wonder how many of these indie games will be early access.

Also forgot to mention they kind of suck way more than I expected at Mario. I'm surprised none of them remember anything from NSMB U considering they did a video on it. Well besides Liam since he's up on Mario and is always goodish to good at games. I can't remember if any of them have really even touched much of 2D Mario lately since the last 10 years has been wahwah.

Xux

Goddamn that Kholat thing
Them wondering if it's really Sean Bean narrating the game and then proceeding to never shut the hell up long enough to even tell.

EDIT: Pat if you maybe don't run EVERY game in 4k on your 970, you wouldn't have had to set everything to low, not every game will deal with it well enough to be worthwhile.
Pick your battles.

Running 2011 games or DSII in 4k? Amazing.
Most things within the last 2 years? Not a great idea.
That video's a pretty good example of the PC gamer experience, I guess.

Top Bottom