• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Numb

That third vid.....
q7PeD.gif

Disgraced

As do I, but I don't think they could do justice to Slowbeef's and Diabetus' commentary LP they did.
Well, the Zaibatsu could handle a one-off [for Shitstorm] of DF fine. They couldn't do a full LP of it justice probably.

That's the thing about the Zaibatsu though, for all the smack they talk (i.e. Bio F.R.E.A.K.S.), they're too cowardly to get shoulder-deep in the real shit. They're the true cowards. It's not a bad thing; it's a lovable flaw. And we have braver souls like Max, Beef, and Betus to be the real Heroes of Let's Play. Like, fuckin' aye man, you watched RP finish Sonic 06, right?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Welp, guess I'll postpone my return to listening to the podcast for another week.

And yeah, Vidula brings up a good point. I'm not one to tell people how to spend their money, but geez, they've been doing the podcast for two years now. This sort of thing shouldn't be happening anymore.

Disgraced

Honestly, I can't understand why they can afford all these expensive figures and trips to cons yet can't afford to simply buy better audio equipment.
I strongly agree with you, but to be fair, I believe I've heard it said that Machinima helps with their con visits. Not sure if true, though it would make sense.

Regardless they ought to shape things up 'specially with the Vesselin'.

Yeah, this looks really good. Will pick it up once it goes on sale.

Unrelated, but Woolie just hinted at the podcast's outro theme and it's a really good one.

i know this is OFT but its important
read Pats twitter right now
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat
if this passes were all fucked, so lets infect the internet with negativity
One More Time

Yeah, I saw that earlier. I wonder if they'll bring it up on the next podcast.

JC Sera

Yeah, this looks really good. Will pick it up once it goes on sale.

Unrelated, but Woolie just hinted at the podcast's outro theme and it's a really good one.

Yeah, I saw that earlier. I wonder if they'll bring it up on the next podcast.

I just saw the tweet
yeah boy thats one the best tracks
atGWwqP.png

edit: Its not as bad as the screechey audio one
I can live with this

Skrams

Cool to see a Transformers QL, but I'll have to hold off until I play my copy tomorrow or sometime this week. I almost expected them to do a full LP considering all the new LPs recently. I wouldn't of been totally against it considering it would of been less than 10 parts probably. I wonder if they decided to ehhhhh on it considering everyone complaining about newer games getting LP'd recently.

I feel like I can picture the podcast recording in 4:3 with this audio. This is not good.

Woof. Sounds like a rough Skype call lol

Good way to describe it. It sounds like a skype call made on a phone in an airport with poor internet.

Numb

It is an OUTRAGE!! i tell you.
See ya on the other side
This is pretty bad, but there's been worse. That one they recorded outside was super not great.
They went in like half way through and the outside was at fault maybe. Here it's just forgetting.
Although i was expecting much worse.
Oh, has anyone gotten their hands on the PC version and can report on performance?
Go by how Korra was.
Should help alittle

Honestly, the podcast's more than 2 years old. They should look into getting proper recording equipment or maybe find a studio they can rent out every week.

Is the Friendcast just not worth it to them to improve? It's just so jarring hearing their screechy low quality audio and then listen to the more quality sounding Giant Bombcast later in the day.

I'm gonna check itunes and see how they stack amongst other gaming podcasts.

EDIT: The Friendcast is currently ranked 90th amongst all the gaming and hobbies podcasts and are on the front page of the games and hobbies section right between the Giant Bombcast and Idle Thumbs.

Honestly, the podcast's more than 2 years old. They should look into getting proper recording equipment or maybe find a studio they can rent out every week.

Is the Friendcast just not worth it to them to improve? It's just so jarring hearing their screechy low quality audio and then listen to the more quality sounding Giant Bombcast later in the day.

EDIT: The Friendcast is currently ranked 90th amongst all the gaming and hobbies podcasts and are on the front page of the games and hobbies section right between the Giant Bombcast and Idle Thumbs.

How much you reckon a quality audio set up would cost them (I don't see them going the extra a mile in renting space for this)? 600-800 bucks?

Anung

Un Rama

It's my understanding (from what Matt said) that Woolie just can't be arsed with a multi-mic set-up or any of the extra effort that stuff would need. I think the podcast stuff is solely his job though. Matt has said himself that he is open to looking at the podcast and how its done but that it fell on deaf ears.

It's my understanding (from what Matt said) that Woolie just can't be arsed with a multi-mic set-up or any of the extra effort that stuff would need. I think the podcast stuff is solely his job though. Matt has said himself that he is open to looking at the podcast and how its done but that it fell on deaf ears.
Woolz's AMA on reddit had him say clip on mics are "shittier for what [they] do." I wonder if he purely meant LPs, or the podcast also.

It also still makes no sense to me, really.

Disgraced

Their candid approach really is successful. I wonder how much higher it'd be if their technical quality wasn't below their peers'.

That's not really an excuse, the podcast is of importance to all of them so you can just go "yeah well it's Woolie's thing and he doesn't care so whatever". Get it done.

K.Sabot

The audio quality of the podcast makes it feel so backgrounded that I inherently ignoring half the stuff being said cause it sounds like I afk'd in a ventrillo chat where a conversation I'm not involved in is happening but I don't want to leave because that would signal that I was listening in on them.

oh the anxieties of 2006 era world of warcraft

Disgraced

Individual mics would be a good step in the right direction. Then if Woolie doesn't think it's worth the time and money (yet) to edit out them interrupting one another, fine.

But get the freaking mics.

This sort of thing is where Patreon goals would be neatly applicable.

Top Bottom