• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Now you have ust become delusional man.

You gonna believe some website or are you gonna believe me?

Believe in the me that believes in you Numb!

tumblr_ms7n5jnk9E1rkeknyo1_500.gif

Anyone else doing their own Scariness Marathon alongside the Shitstorm? I know Lelouch is doing SOMA.
I'm gonna try and do DreadOut, Machine for Pigs, and Eternal Darkness before the month is up

Anyone else doing their own Scariness Marathon alongside the Shitstorm? I know Lelouch is doing SOMA.
I'm gonna try and do DreadOut, Machine for Pigs, and Eternal Darkness before the month is up
Im starting Martian Gothic since it looks really interesting from what I can tell in that Shitstorm Video. I never heard of it before then. I got quite a few scary games to knock off my Horror backlog.

Anung

Un Rama
They've finally formally announced Vessel

Hey everyone, we've got an announcement to make:

In addition to YouTube and Superbestfriendsplay.com, our videos will now also be available
on Vessel, at www.vessel.com/channels/superbestfriendsplay.

Vessel is a video platform created by ex-Hulu people. Straight up: it has a paid subscription service that costs $2.99 a month to see videos 3 days in advance from the normal release schedule anywhere else, with a 1 month free trial. It doesn't cost anything if you just use it to watch videos at the same time as YouTube and Superbestfriendsplay.com, however. And of course, our videos on YouTube or our site will not be delayed or affected in any way by what goes up on Vessel.

From what we can tell, it has a really good video player and interface in general. It seems like they're going for a Netflix-type of curated content service. We've gotten a lot of feedback from you guys that have had issues playing videos on our site, and while improving that for everyone is a work in progress, we think it can only help to provide options for watching our stuff in whatever way suits you best.

Our main goal in doing this is to be able to afford to rent a dedicated space, and get an improved recording setup for LPs and podcasting. By doing this, we feel that we can deliver our content at the highest quality, and as consistently as possible.

Basically: TO GET OUR SHIT TOGETHER.

Putting our videos up on Vessel should allow us to do that. Providing an alternative video player for our stuff in addition is a big plus.

We've talked about it amongst ourselves, and decided to sign up with them for a year to try this out and see how it goes. If we don't like it after 12 months, we can choose to not continue with them. Hopefully, it all works out, nothing blows up and everyone makes it out alive.

If you've been hanging around us for a while, you know that we're not really into being pushy Paul Marketers with Like-Comment-Subscribe shit. Similarly, with Vessel, we do not intend to start pushing the subscription thing in your face all the time. We're just going to make one post for our videos as usual, whenever they go public everywhere.

Last thing: The word leaked out early about our Vessel page, before we finished setting it up. For those of you that saw it early and were waiting the announcement, sorry it took so long, but basically, the restaurant wasn't open yet the tables were filling up.

That's all for now, thanks for reading!

Seems fair enough. I'm a bit apprehensive about the professional bit but if they can actually use the money for actual improvements to their lacking set up then I'd be totally happy and willing to support.

Seems fair enough. I'm a bit apprehensive about the professional bit but if they can actually use the money for actual improvements to their lacking set up then I'd be totally happy and willing to support.

Call me cynical, but if they money they've been making now hasn't been enough to help them get better equipment when a broke ass like myself can afford it, I don't see this changing anything.

Call me cynical, but if they money they've been making now hasn't been enough to help them get better equipment when a broke ass like myself can afford it, I don't see this changing anything.

"The problem with individual mics isn't the money, but the space. None of us have the room for a dedicated setup."

According to Liam.

Anung

Un Rama
So...who's paying for Vessel?

I might do it if it means better podcasting equipment.

I'm going to wait a few months to see how it goes and how they handle it. I'm not jumping in straight away until I see how they cope.

Now I think on it I almost don't like the linking of this new subscription service to getting new stuff as it's like "the only way we can improve is if you drop coin now." I'm just spitballing though. They should just do a patreon with milestones if they want to do that.

So...who's paying for Vessel?

I might do it if it means better podcasting equipment.

I honestly couldn't care less about getting to watch videos early. In the end you'll still have to wait for new episodes to be released just like everyone else. I might do it just to support these guys, though.

Xiraiya

That airforce one stage on the Dong Dong Never Dies video has MGS4 music, since Woolie was wondering what the music was.

It occurred to me after a few minutes Pat had said "I don't know, some movie" when Woolie asked about it and no one reacted.
I see what you goddamn did there, that's Liam levels of subtle.

I am. Doing a bunch of Xbox and Wii games as well as a few others. I'm also streaming crappy NES games I made videos for on my channel from last year. Tonight is the Nightmare on Elm Street game by LJN......

I want to wait it out for some of their Shitstorm videos. I want to watch a bunch in a big block.

EDIT: Man are people freaking out about the Vessel stuff.

Anung

Un Rama

I just finished SOMA (damn that was good. Probably be in my top 5 of this year) and now I'm playing SH2. Gonna be getting that psychical edition of Fatal Frame Wii U at the end of the month :D

So paying for Vessel will give the forreallionaires the money they need to git gud?

For $3 a month, that's... I don't mind. That feels really cheap.

You guys already give up on MGSV multi?
Hoping to try to get a community game going tonight, just like the old days... but I can't even get a rando match going as it is.

im doing my own Horror Marathon as well
finally gonna play Deadspace series after i take a break after SOMA and play some Transformers games, then System Shock 2, Alien Isolation+DLC, Cry of Fear maybe since ive heard its pretty good then whatever is interesting in the Shitstorm

Is there a sbfp ps4 community? Might make it easier for us fans to play together.

There was a badass PS3/Steam based one, and many good times were had...
but it's dead now.

This would be ideal. I'm up for some MGO tomorrow; I've yet to try it out.

Preach my brother! I would do anything to get the players back together.

What do you mean by broken?

Everyone stopped meeting there after awhile. Casuality of that mod crackdown.

Squishy3

What do you mean by broken?
most of the communities i've joined on my ps4 don't even show up under the communities menu

There was a badass PS3/Steam based one, and many good times were had...
but it's dead now.
it's dead because most people never even bother to check it while guardian and i are regularly in there during the evenings

oh it also probably doesn't help it's invite only and none of the mods actively post here and didn't make anyone else mods

the man who sold the podcast quality

it's dead because most people never even bother to check it while guardian and i are regularly in there during the evenings

oh it also probably doesn't help it's invite only and none of the mods actively post here and didn't make anyone else mods

Isn't PhantomGaming a mod? I'm sure he posts here sometimes... once in a blue moon.
I wish we had all stayed in touch, I keep hoping the guys will eventually come back to this thread.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
most of the communities i've joined on my ps4 don't even show up under the communities menu

the man who sold the podcast quality
Well that sounds like shits fucked.
Isn't PhantomGaming a mod? I'm sure he posts here sometimes... once in a blue moon.
I wish we had all stayed in touch, I keep hoping the guys will eventually come back to this thread.
Those days are over. We must face reality.

Now suffer like G did.

Top Bottom