• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

JC Sera

What was the song at the end of this week's podcast?
Its from Undertale
https://tobyfox.bandcamp.com/album/undertale-soundtrack
track title is ASGORE, its a super late boss theme
miIxY7O.gif

gonna beat Soma tomorrow
reached Site Tau, jesus that last section was nerve wrecking not knowing if i was gonna get eaten by a fish monster thing

Isn't PhantomGaming a mod? I'm sure he posts here sometimes... once in a blue moon.
I wish we had all stayed in touch, I keep hoping the guys will eventually come back to this thread.

We are here, in the shadows. Watching.

Just send PMs to people on GAF. They check regularly.

I didn't even know communities was a thing on PSN. I would love to play some MGO on PS4 with some folks. I messed around with it for a couple hours last night and had a lot of fun with it.

Neol

Can someone explain the week of woolie hype?

Basically a week of them playing games that Woolie tested and blaming him on how bad/jank they are.

Sounds pretty mean but I can see it being hilarious especially if Woolie is present there giving his insight and his frustrations as well.

Boy I hope you guys like shitty audio quality because that's going to keep coming with these Shitstorm videos. Vessel confirmed for a few more in the future.

finished SOMA
except the Ark cause credits are rolling as we speak
good horror game
rlly want them to do a full LP
onto Transformers Devastation then either Deadspace series or the Cybertron games(havent decided yet)

Edzi

finished SOMA
except the Ark cause credits are rolling as we speak
good horror game
rlly want them to do a full LP
onto Transformers Devastation then either Deadspace series or the Cybertron games(havent decided yet)

I kinda just want them to stop doing new and highly anticipated games. Give us a chance to actually play them, since there's no way in hell I'm watching either of those LPs for a long time if they happen.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Finally finished the sonic dreams vid after ive only seen the first third of it and forgot about it.

Boy was my skeleton spooked. I think Woolie lost a couple years of his life while recording that video.

Xiraiya

Oh my god, Matt's ability to play a game and never look at the fucking screen or anything on it is incredible.
It makes me so salty, if you're playing a goddamn game then one would think you're looking at the screen and the stuff presently on it, not looking off elsewhere never noticing anything, I don't get how he is consistently the one who does this by far the most.

I thought he had glasses.

Anung

Un Rama
Oh my god, Matt's ability to play a game and never look at the fucking screen or anything on it is incredible.
It makes me so salty, if you're playing a goddamn game then one would think you're looking at the screen and the stuff presently on it, not looking off elsewhere never noticing anything, I don't get how he is consistently the one who does this by far the most.

I thought he had glasses.

Probably misses his old glasses.

I thought he had gwasses.

Probably misses his old gwasses.

FTFY

aly

Meal Gear pt. 22 :
Pat saying that the missions are starting to run together made me laugh. You have no idea Pat!

Xiraiya

The most recent Vessel video sort of implies he did just that.
I don't see how, they both knew where Eli was because they saw his chair on the first Africa mission, they even mentioned that in this video, beyond that nothing was said that would imply he has seen ahead.

aly

I haven't seen the new vessel Metal Gear episode, but considering how spoilery the trailers were, I wouldn't be too surprised with them just figuring things out as opposed to playing ahead. I think almost everything important was in a trailer or info released.

every single weapon has a different moveset in Devastation, for each character i think too
every single weapon
some have special gimmicks like Devastators drills
its Transformers Bayo and i love it
i tried a challenge mission cause why not
jesus christ it got crazy fast

JC Sera

undertale part 3 is up on vessel

EDIT: HOLY SHIT THIS OPENING SEQUENCE

someone who has played the entire game would have had to make that, its just too on point from the genocide ending

every single weapon has a different moveset in Devastation, for each character i think too
every single weapon
some have special gimmicks like Devastators drills
its Transformers Bayo and i love it
i tried a challenge mission cause why not
jesus christ it got crazy fast

Being able to weapon switch mid combo is super cool too. Also headshots with a strong sniper rifle are super OP lol.

Moonlight

Banned
Vessel spoilers:
Undertale part 3's intro was too good.

but matt/liam PLS

Hopefully they figure out how the spare button works before Undyne.

MrHoot

their papyrus fight was a tad excruciating, them trying to fight him continuously

W-wait did they kill Papyrus ? Or did they just started killing random people all over the place ?

I'm guessing they're sticking to neutral route then ? Or I heard about a Reset from them, I dunno

JC Sera

W-wait did they kill Papyrus ? Or did they just started killing random people all over the place ?

I'm guessing they're sticking to neutral route then ? Or I heard about a Reset from them, I dunno
they dont kill him, but you'd think after toriel (dies if you hit her 1/4 health) they would be a bit more careful

Disgraced

Watching Pat cry his way through these dime store horror games after seeing Jim Sterling, Son play them like a fucking man is both hilarious and pathetic and I love it.

Skrams

Just throwing this out there because it should of already happened, but I'm surprised they haven't touched Nightmare House 2 for any of the shitstorms yet. I know Matt played it within the last year since I remember him talking about it, so hopefully that means it gets a spot in the shitstorm. It's really a gimme for one of these videos honestly. I guess it might be near the end considering it's easy last week material.

Just throwing this out there because it should of already happened, but I'm surprised they haven't touched Nightmare House 2 for any of the shitstorms yet. I know Matt played it within the last year since I remember him talking about it, so hopefully that means it gets a spot in the shitstorm. It's really a gimme for one of these videos honestly. I guess it might be near the end considering it's easy last week material.

I'm almost certain I remember hearing Matt or someone say they played it a couple months ago on the podcast as well, so it's very likely we'll see it.

I'm pretty sure Matt mentioned that NH2 would be in this year's Shitstorm in one of the recent podcasts. I remember him talking about having trouble getting it to run because of something. Either that or I'm just crazy and making shit up.

Laputa_94

I'm just really enjoying the shitstorm this year. Feels good since I haven't really been intrested in alot of the Lps to come out in the past 6 months or so.

their papyrus fight was a tad excruciating, them trying to fight him continuously
Slight Undertale boss spoilers:
Watching the episode I got pretty concerned for the Undyne fight.

1. Matt NEEDS to get better at avoiding taking damage, he's panicking way too much, Papyrus's attacks aren't even difficult or anything but Matt's swerving all over the place and getting hit. Fights vs Muffet, Asgore, etc are going to become incredibly difficult if he doesn't step it up.

2. They really need to stop saying "I guess we have to fight now", NO, you NEVER have to fight, stop giving up when you don't get to mercy them after 1 turn. When dialogue stops changing is when you need to become concerned, that's the golden rule. That's how I figured out that you need to actually fight Asgore in the neutral ending.
I fully expect Pacifist to be abandoned halfway into the LP, at least if Matt stays on controls. No way they'll be able to do it otherwise.

They said they're going to do it so I believe them, it's not like it's extremely difficult like Genocide, it just requires patience.

Disgraced

Just throwing this out there because it should of already happened, but I'm surprised they haven't touched Nightmare House 2 for any of the shitstorms yet.
I think it's unlikely to happen, but Nightmare House 2 would work great for a week long LP. It's short, seriously good, and interesting as an ambitious indie project that's way better than the majority of the half-assed horror trash ejaculated on the Internet today.

JC Sera

Slight Undertale boss spoilers:
Watching the episode I got pretty concerned for the Undyne fight.

1. Matt NEEDS to get better at avoiding taking damage, he's panicking way too much, Papyrus's attacks aren't even difficult or anything but Matt's swerving all over the place and getting hit. Fights vs Muffet, Asgore, etc are going to become incredibly difficult if he doesn't step it up.

2. They really need to stop saying "I guess we have to fight now", NO, you NEVER have to fight, stop giving up when you don't get to mercy them after 1 turn. When dialogue stops changing is when you need to become concerned, that's the golden rule. That's how I figured out that you need to actually fight Asgore in the neutral ending.

They said they're going to do it so I believe them, it's not like it's extremely difficult like Genocide, it just requires patience.
I died 3 times to papyrus...he lets you go anyway...if you lose enoough
Matt's going better than I did and I managed to get through it all
Btw I think they got a hint about the spider foods

(by end game temmie armour was 1.5k for me)
But yeah I whole heartedly agree with #2

I died 3 times to papyrus...he lets you go anyway...if you lose enoough
Matt's going better than I did and I managed to get through it all
Btw I think they got a hint about the spider foods

(by end game temmie armour was 1.5k for me)
But yeah I whole heartedly agree with #2

Oh then I must be godlike at this game
even though I died like ten times to Asgore before I figured that fighting was the only option.

Also I had no idea spider food did a thing, what does it do? I hope it doesn't skip the Muffet fight, it's so fun.

Top Bottom