• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

JC Sera

Oh then I must be godlike at this game
even though I died like ten times to Asgore before I figured that fighting was the only option.

Also I had no idea spider food did a thing, what does it do? I hope it doesn't skip the Muffet fight, it's so fun.
no...I...just have really shit reflexes :')
Its why I play dota
positioning can make up 70-80% for reflexes
how the hell did you die to fucking Papyrus
I suck

Papyrus was no problem for me. I didn't perfect it or anything but his attacks are pretty easy to dodge. Now fucking Undyne on a No Mercy run... Let's just say I am having a Bad Time. God damn yellow mfmhmsmhfph.

Moonlight

Banned
Oh then I must be godlike at this game
even though I died like ten times to Asgore before I figured that fighting was the only option.

Also I had no idea spider food did a thing, what does it do? I hope it doesn't skip the Muffet fight, it's so fun.
Undertale spoilers:
Skips the Muffet fight, yeah. If you eat it during the battle, Muffet discovers you don't hate spiders. Useful if you're not great at the mechanics, at least. I consider it the first really major difficulty spike in the game before Mettatron.

Geg

Papyrus was no problem for me. I didn't perfect it or anything but his attacks are pretty easy to dodge. Now fucking Undyne on a No Mercy run... Let's just say I am having a Bad Time. God damn yellow mfmhmsmhfph.

If you think you're having a bad time against Undyne, just wait til you make it to the last boss

derwalde

God i love pat and matt. Im watching their channel for years now. They are part of my daily routine. Simply the best shit on the web. <3

aly

Hmmmm. Me thinks these Dagganrumba videos are getting longer so they can get it over with sooner? :p

I wouldn't be surprised. Also I guess they are alternating between DR and Metal Gear. Which sucks for 2 long series, but not bad if the episodes are long as well.

105.Will

So i haven't watched any of the Danganronpa lets play because i still havnt beaten 2, but why do people dislike this play-through so much?

Anung

Un Rama
So i havnt watched any of the Danganronpa lets play because i still havnt beaten 2, but why do people dislike this play-through so much?

There are 2 camps really. One camp disliking it because they believe its taking up the spot of a superior LP (like Until Dawn) And the other that just think that its a bad LP.

aly

So i haven't watched any of the Danganronpa lets play because i still havnt beaten 2, but why do people dislike this play-through so much?

Some people consider it a bad lp since it's a niche series with barely any or boring gameplay, earlier Liam was skipping dialogue, they switched midway from the ok dub to subs, it's a spin off that isn't as good as the main games, and some are finding the commentary to be meh.

A lot of the disliked come within seconds of the videos being uploaded, so at the very least many of them are not from actually watching it. People could be down voting the series as a whole after watching previous episodes, or they might just not like that it's being uploaded in place of other stuff at all.

There are definitely problems with the playthrough, at least early on, but it seems more external factors are influencing the ratio than the actual videos.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Some people consider it a bad lp since it's a niche series with barely any or boring gameplay, earlier Liam was skipping dialogue, they switched midway from the ok dub to subs, it's a spin off that isn't as good as the main games, and some are finding the commentary to be meh.
Don't forget that this is a Vita game and it uses those "touch" controls.

105.Will

There are 2 camps really. One camp disliking it because they believe its taking up the spot of a superior LP (like Until Dawn) And the other that just think that its a bad LP.

A lot of the disliked come within seconds of the videos being uploaded, so at the very least many of them are not from actually watching it. People could be down voting the series as a whole after watching previous episodes, or they might just not like that it's being uploaded in place of other stuff at all.

There are definitely problems with the playthrough, at least early on, but it seems more external factors are influencing the ratio than the actual videos.

Thanks for the info. So its biggest flaw is not being as good as the other LP's going on.

Hate because it's not other LP's. It has some valid criticism's but the part that went up on Vessel today was quite good and the story is finally starting to feel like something from the actual series.

You know, as I watch the latest Danganronpa episode uploaded to the site, having watched SFDebris review Terminator 1 yesterday, I can't help but be annoyed by the heroes' (and Liam/Woolie) patronizing the people who literally cannot do anything (because apparently Shirokuma is a shit at doing anything but rambling, crawling in Woolie Holes, and being super strong). Never liked the whole "haxx/OP people shit on pragmatic and ultra-unequipped people for not being haxx/OP" thing.

You know, as I watch the latest Danganronpa episode uploaded to the site, having watched SFDebris review Terminator 1 yesterday, I can't help but be annoyed by the heroes' (and Liam/Woolie) patronizing the people who literally cannot do anything (because apparently Shirokuma is a shit at doing anything but rambling, crawling in Woolie Holes, and being super strong). Never liked the whole "haxx/OP people shit on pragmatic and ultra-unequipped people for not being haxx/OP" thing.

A lot of the games subtleties have gone straight over their heads. Mostly Woolie's.

Not liking the characters is fine, but disliking them because you're not paying enough attention to understand the reasons they are the way they are is super frustrating.

A lot of the games subtleties have gone straight over their heads. Mostly Woolie's.

Not liking the characters is fine, but disliking them because you're not paying enough attention to understand the reasons they are the way they are is super frustrating.
What's worse is that they're pretty on point in their discussion about a lot of the game's other writing flaws in that episode. It's so fucking frustrating... and probably why a lot of people dislike the LP, because they just keep doing this shit. I bet they would've been paying more attention if it was Danganronpa: Terminator Future War Scenes: The Game (even though that would've required it to be set practically anywhere but Japan).

Skrams

Miasmata is too hard with all of it's "puzzles." All of that crossing 2 different lines to mark spots on a map and combining 2 items to make another item. Such hard puzzles.

Meanwhile they get lost in the frozen wilderness while saying puzzles are hard and while the game tells them their exact coordinates via shiny writing on walls.

Alfebit

Banned
Finally almost caught up on all the SBF content I wanted to watch. Just a few FNFs left. Hearing Matt make so many little Avatar/Korra references lately makes me smile.

I never checked out the Danganronpa LP, because it just didn't appeal to me.

I just looked at the most recent vid.

The salt in the comments is enough to give Woolie a run for his money.

Excellent! I wanted to play this but forgot it actually existed.

Attempting to 'listen' to the podcast while I eat breakfast.
I wanted to listen to it to hear their opinion on Zangief and Laura, too bad it took 90 minutes for them to get to that news lol. First 90 minutes was still good though, I liked the bachelor party story.

Still would've enjoyed the podcast a hell of a lot more if it wasn't the worst quality.

I'm so sorry skla

tumblr_n9nrsmn9ek1rwlf4vo1_500.gif

aly

I can't take it anymore. I had to sign up for a free month of Vessel to watch ahead in MG and Undertale. The temptation was too strong.

Numb

Thx man.
So this is the much hyped FNF/SMS vid. Let's see if it lives up to the hype.

It does and beyond.
Was writing alot and taking too long so i'll just say this is top 2 atleast on the channel.
Didn't even realize Liam wasn't there until half way through cos of all the hype.They said that in the podcast and i forgot.
Gonna be a really loooooooong time before this is topped.
Now excuse me while i go watch tournaments of this on youtube if there are any.
Also Ultimax sucks and won't ever happen lol lol lol lol.

Laputa_94

This year is the first year I started skipping alot of best friends content, but God damn This fisticuffs and this years shitstorm are reminding me why I fell in love with the channel.

Anung

Un Rama
This year is the first year I started skipping alot of best friends content, but God damn This fisticuffs and this years shitstorm are reminding me why I feel in love with the channel.

Fo' sho!

I hope they play White Night for the shitstorm.

Skrams

Dong Dong Never Die is the gift that keeps on giving. Next up Jackie Chan Fists of Fire unless they've somehow done that before and I just forgot.

I can't take it anymore. I had to sign up for a free month of Vessel to watch ahead in MG and Undertale. The temptation was too strong.
Then your month expires and you hit 3 days with no videos. Then you decide you don't want that so you take an extra hit while you say it's only another month. Repeatrepeatrepeat.

Or you might just stop after the free month, dunno. I'd do the same, but I'm not watching Metal Gear or Undertale until I complete them myself or get ahead of them. If there was something I was super interested in then I might take a bump of that Vessel goodness.

aly

Then your month expires and you hit 3 days with no videos. Then you decide you don't want that so you take an extra hit while you say it's only another month. Repeatrepeatrepeat.

Or you might just stop after the free month, dunno. I'd do the same, but I'm not watching Metal Gear or Undertale until I complete them myself or get ahead of them. If there was something I was super interested in then I might take a bump of that Vessel goodness.

Yeah my problem is I want to just watch those without facing the every other day disappointment of DR . Thankfully, I'm pretty good at just using free trials and moving on, but I would'nt be surprised if a lot of people fall into that pattern.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yeah my problem is I want to just watch those without facing the every other day disappointment of DR . Thankfully, I'm pretty good at just using free trials and moving on, but I would'nt be surprised if a lot of people fall into that pattern.
Look on the bright side:
More money for them to afford breakfast.

Numb

Why is this a scrublord ? This goes right into golden fisticuffs content !
yep

Holy fucking shit that ending. I was crying, I had no idea that this game was about that

If only Liam was there this vid could have been perfect solely due to the ending thing.
Overall there were enough ''yooooooooooooo'' momentsthat are usually spread around 20-30 vids.
One of my favs was
girl using Optimus Prime as her fucking stand
.Amazing

Top Bottom