• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Your first time experiencing Dong Dong is always beautiful. I couldn't help but lose it watching them lose it over whatever new thing was coming up.

Neol

Man that video.

That's going into the books as one of the videos that will outlast through time.

Dong Dong Never Die.

Better bet is big tobaco gets upset and campaigns against it

dont they know that pissing us off is just gonna make us say fuck you to your stuff you sell
the min someone goes to jail for talking against corporations pandoras box will be opened
like say Activision did that
welp goodbye to your games forever i guess
i wouldnt say no to a mass hacker attack either
really whatever makes them take the hint to fuck off works

JC Sera

dont they know that pissing us off is just gonna make us say fuck you to your stuff you sell
the min someone goes to jail for talking against corporations pandoras box will be opened
like say Activision did that
welp goodbye to your games forever i guess
i wouldnt say no to a mass hacker attack either
really whatever makes them take the hint to fuck off works
I think Jim Sterling's most recent video is relevant to this

like yeah the first time there will be outrage and boycotts
2nd time less horrific outrage
by the 5-7th time most people will accept the powerlessness and inevitability of this
oh yeah you are going to get a lot of negative comments, but the potential for action will be lost

And heaven forbid the first one will be a product that a lot of people need/use in their daily lives, and cant afford to boycott.

I mean just go in the thread with the pokemon company lawsuit case for a preview of how people are gonna react eventually.

I think Jim Sterling's most recent video is relevant to this

like yeah the first time there will be outrage and boycotts
2nd time less horrific outrage
by the 5-7th time most people will accept the powerlessness and inevitability of this
oh yeah you are going to get a lot of negative comments, but the potential for action will be lost

And heaven forbid the first one will be a product that a lot of people need/use in their daily lives, and cant afford to boycott.

I mean just go in the thread with the pokemon company lawsuit case for a preview of how people are gonna react eventually.

i dont care about Pokemon though

Disgraced

I love it when they sing One ironically because One is actually the best Metallica song and anyone who thinks it's not is being a hipster.

MrHoot

Aw yeah, shitstorm time

Seriously, I think I rank Dong Dong Never Dies like the Marlow Briggs video: The same amount of pure confusion, surprise and glee at the same time is just astounding

Zenfalcia

Man, I'm losing it watching this Dong Dong video.

How dare they put that game in Saturday morning ScrubLords.
A polished fighting game like DDND only deserves the best. It really should have been Friday Night Fisticuffs for all the complicated fighting game tech it had.

Alfredo

Maybe now that the Zaibatsu has granted Dong Dong Never Die more exposure, I can get more people to play it with me... prepare for John Woo dove infinites!

ArjanN

Dong Dong video was great, even when I've already seen a bunch of other people discover it like this. I didn't know they were the people behind
that SoR4 fangame
though.

If you think you're having a bad time against Undyne, just wait til you make it to the last boss

I got past that eventually(thanks in no small part to buying the iFrames equipment) and now I'm having a bad time with the next real boss(where the previous equipment... is less useful).

It is getting harder to make myself do this, being an evil asshole I mean, but much like a certain character, I just have to know what will happen. I haven't done a(successful) evil playthrough in a game(that gave me a choice) other then Soul Nomad, but that had a great ending(that I consider my canon evil mode ending...even if i did eventually go back and get the ending for beating the final battle) if you die in the last battle(I think you have to meet certain requirements as well, but not 100% sure about that), unfortunately I don't think I'll be getting that here.

I actually really hate doing evil playthroughs(i tired in KotOR 1 and ended up firmly neutral before I gave up) and forcing myself to do it here, really reminds me why, in the worst/best way possible. But if this game didn't hook me so damn hard, I would not have even bothered. Curse you Toby Fox and your stupid great game and music(The remix of megalovaina is awesome,
just wish I wasn't dieing to it repeatably
)!

As for Dong Dong... I actually got bored of it after a while and just listened to it, but when I came back to watching, holy shit, did it deliver.

Skrams

That Penumbra shitstorm was a bit painful. 30 minutes walking around to find a rope to climb down. I haven't played the series myself, but I've seen bits and pieces. Like Pat noticed sort of, that's the final area of one of the games. The reason it's so big and convoluted is because the game just picks back up at that area. The guys started playing a fake expansion pack to a game they never even played. They would of been better off playing Black Plague instead of this.

I also get that Pat is annoyed about video game flashlights and their absolutely shit drainage time on batteries. Although getting frustrated at the word batteries meaning only one set makes no sense when you need multiple batteries to usually power a flashlight. I couldn't exactly tell by the in game model, but if it was three like Pat said then yes, that's a little ridiculous to power a flashlight for 4 minutes. Although just the word batteries doesn't mean you should get x2 or x3 considering that's not how the word battery works.

Disgraced

DARKNESS, IMPRISONSING ME!

SOMETHIG SOMETHING SOMETHING HOW CAN I LIVE.
I CANNOT DIE

SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING METALLICAAAA
I also get that Pat is annoyed about video game flashlights and their absolutely shit drainage time on batteries. Although getting frustrated at the word batteries meaning only one set makes no sense when you need multiple batteries to usually power a flashlight. I couldn't exactly tell by the in game model, but if it was three like Pat said then yes, that's a little ridiculous to power a flashlight for 4 minutes. Although just the word batteries doesn't mean you should get x2 or x3 considering that's not how the word battery works.
The Metro series has the best version of this mechanic; you can crank your flashlight to keep it charged while moving and if it runs out you still have your lighter that never runs out and can be used with a sidearm, so you're rewarded by managing your equipment well but if shit gets fucked you're never stranded in the dark.

Skrams

Best Friends Play Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain (Part 23)

Website Link

Youtube Link
The Metro series has the best version of this mechanic; you can crank your flashlight to keep it charged while moving and if it runs out you still have your lighter that never runs out and can be used with a sidearm, so you're rewarded by managing your equipment well but if shit gets fucked you're never stranded in the dark.

Saw the same kind of post on the reddit and I'd agree. I remember the Metro flashlight lasting a decent time, it makes sense with Metro's survival/scarcity of supplies, and it's not a great hindrance. The lighter is shit, but it's a lighter. It's a last resort when you are fucked on light at the worst possible moment. For regular ass walking around, just pump your weird flashlight and you're good.

Skrams

I hope Liam talks about Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid on the podcast.

Tenouttaten.

Best show this season.

Did we see the same animeplot.gif

I wonder if the game will have any censoring now. I don't think youtube would think too fondly of it for Creepy Anime Bullshit times.

Xiraiya

Watching Undertale part 4 (The intro from part 3 plays again for some reason)
I definitely think this LP would benefit with Liam on controls instead of Matt, he's much better with these sorts of games than stuff like MGSV.

MrHoot

Watching Undertale part 4 (The intro from part 3 plays again for some reason)
I definitely think this LP would benefit with Liam on controls instead of Matt, he's much better with these sorts of games than stuff like MGSV.

The only thing that slightly bothers me is that he skips too fast through the dialogue.

Alright, I think I have a legitimate problem.

I keep watching Undertale LPs. I don't know why I enjoy them but I do.

This happened before with Chrono Trigger, and I don't really think I fixed that issue as You tube ran out of Chrono Trigger LPs to show me.

Though I gotta say, I think Liam and Matt are the best pair for this LP. Sincerely love their reactions to the games silliness.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

This happened before with Chrono Trigger, and I don't really think I fixed that issue as You tube ran out of Chrono Trigger LPs to show me.

Though I gotta say, I think Liam and Matt are the best pair for this LP. Sincerely love their reactions to the games silliness.

Watch Maxmilliondood's Chrono Trigger lp/

JC Sera

I know this feeling
I keep giving friends my humble bundle drm free version to try out
Its just so fun to watch other people react to key moments

Superbestfriends wins pretty much on the custom opening but,
Heres a list of good ones if you havent seen them yet
Dodger
Vinesauce Joel
Vinesauce Direboar
Commander Holly & Ross
Game Grumps: Ross & Barry

JC Sera

I caved and bought undertale