• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Numb

classic

The best thing about cross Tekken were the gorgeous trailers featuring characters you had to buy separately. The game was horribly broken for a year, and by the time a patch hit, no one cared. It continues to suffer from a complete and utter lack of focus.

Trying to see how hard they can screw people and get away with it.
Pushed one many too buttons there Capcom. Still bought the game 3 times.smh
Those trailers were cool and the ingame ones too.

MrHoot

Next podcast is gonna be pretty interesting with Pat as apparently he got to play around with a steam controller and it seems to be dogshit (noisy dogshit, at that), if I am to believe his twitter rant. I'm pretty interested because since the announcement, i've actually been curious about the actual usability of that damn controller

ElTopo

Banned
The best thing about cross Tekken were the gorgeous trailers featuring characters you had to buy separately. The game was horribly broken for a year, and by the time a patch hit, no one cared. It continues to suffer from a complete and utter lack of focus and questionable game design choices.

It wasn't broken so much as it was just boring. A LOT of wins through time out. And the Gems were a terrible idea. The patch came out and dudes still didn't like the Gems system. All the patch did was re-balance characters (nerfing Hugo to irrelevance) and give a ton of mostly Tekken characters a really good Mexican Uppercut to anti air with.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It wasn't broken so much as it was just boring. A LOT of wins through time out. And the Gems were a terrible idea. The patch came out and dudes still didn't like the Gems system. All the patch did was re-balance characters (nerfing Hugo to irrelevance) and give a ton of mostly Tekken characters a really good Mexican Uppercut to anti air with.

Certain characters were actually broken. As in they would freeze the game or float indefinitely. It was at least MegaMan.

Numb

Pat, if you combine Haggar and Zangief into one character, don't you just end up with Putin...?

BUiE7lbCcAAmcII.jpg:large

SFV still needs Haggar even if there are already alot of grapplers in tho
This is something that needs to happen.
Indeed.
Better than Omega mode and that got a vid

Squishy3

Pat, if you combine Haggar and Zangief into one character, don't you just end up with Putin...?
I can ask him next time I see him on in FFXIV

I also told him to avoid all Eyes of Heaven news because spoilers.

If you aren't completely up to date on Jojo's, I recommend avoiding all Eyes of Heaven news.

If you aren't completely up to date on Jojo's, I recommend avoiding all Eyes of Heaven news.

Are the spoilers going beyond Steel Ball Run yet? Those were the last character announcements I saw.

Are the spoilers going beyond Steel Ball Run yet? Those were the last character announcements I saw.
There's a character announced that's a late game SBR spoiler, No Jojolion stuff yet.

Legend tells of certain red hairded individuals who, for some reason, won't read all the Jojo mangos.

Skrams

Good use of mods to make SFxT more interesting to make up for the average fitegaming. Wish they did team matches though. Would of liked to see the buffoonery of Woolie tagging in Matt and Matt not paying attention at all.

Vessel spoilers:
Jesus christ this Outlast video is the most insufferable video I think I've ever watched from Pat and Matt. Like holy shit, please pay attention to the game.

JC Sera

Damn, that was the only good part I liked about that dlc
He is really the star of the show
like holy shit is he is a masterpiece horror wise, and crosses into a line that not a lot of media goes into, but he makes perfect sense in the context of the story and the background documents you find lying around

to the point hes the guy they are strapping under and asking the protag for help, "they are going to rape me" then he sorta recognizes the protagonist later on

Skrams

WVW69ifKlsMH3s-mIt

Thank you miiverse. I'd like to see a coop quick look at the game with Matt, Liam, and Woolie at least. Dunno if Nintendo is still a pain about youtube stuff though.

After playing the game more, his comments about it in the last podcast seem kinda nuts. I'm maybe only halfway through, in the 'mediocre' bits, and this game is already established itself as an instant classic to me.

Man that White Night game is a lot more effective than a lot of the other games they have been playing. Hopefully this gets that game more exposure.

Ilvocare

Pat's super off-point about Hotland. It has some of the best enemies, Mettaton is fantastic, and Alphys' dialogue is funny.

"Mew Mew 2 is neither kissy nor cutie"

Hotland is when I started to realize the game was actually kind of cool. Hearing him say it sucks is that ever-prime example of "I hate that thing that you like" to me, and I wouldn't be surprised because this kinda happens often anyways.

game's still deeply entrenched as a 9 at the moment though for me

Must be
Megalovania.
It's such a fucking good song.

Hotland is when I started to realize the game was actually kind of cool. Hearing him say it sucks is that ever-prime example of "I hate that thing that you like" to me, and I wouldn't be surprised because this kinda happens often anyways.

game's still deeply entrenched as a 9 at the moment though for me

Pat doesn't hate the game, he just doesn't think its any great besides the endings.

Only thing I didn't like about Hotland was
the super-obnoxious tweeting gag. And the anime references were cute at first but they really blew up here.

Xiraiya

MGSV on Vessel

Goddammit, Liam you have been playing all the side shit up to the point you're at in the story, how do you not understand how anything works in the game, I'm so baffled by this.

"What are the squares... I don't know... gun placements maybe, I'm not sure, might be skulls, why does DD make them show up"

Yes they are goddamn Gun/turret placements, how have you not been noticing this in all your time playing, holy shit.

Top Bottom