• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

MGSV on Vessel

Goddammit, Liam you have been playing all the side shit up to the point you're at in the story, how do you not understand how anything works in the game, I'm so baffled by this.

"What are the squares... I don't know... gun placements maybe, I'm not sure, might be skulls, why does DD make them show up"

Yes they are goddamn Gun/turret placements, how have you not been noticing this in all your time playing, holy shit.

Greatest gunjumper in the world

Lee-um

Geg

I can see why Pat didn't like Hotland, it's like twice the length of the previous areas. It definitely had some amazing moments though

The way he talked about it on the podcast didnt make it seem like it was 8 when he gave the final score so it was kind of weird. Though he did still overall enjoy it despite the issues he had.
Well Matt and Woolie are already vocal enough about the positives so Pat probably thought it wasn't necessary to reiterate those and instead focused on talking about his more unique opinions.

Man, the Danganronpa LP is just all Bad Touch and Woolie & Liam proving they'd get any refugees killed in any apocalyptic scenario where they were cutoff from guns and/or anything you could easily turn into a weapon..

Squishy3

Can someone explain to me what's happening in the Undertale ep5 video around 12:00? What are they talking about? Did they cheat the piano part?
They're talking about if they get stuck trying to figure it out that's a good spot to cut it if they do need to look it up. Instead they cut it at around 15:00 minutes.

mike0dude

Can someone explain to me what's happening in the Undertale ep5 video around 12:00? What are they talking about? Did they cheat the piano part?

They're talking about if they get stuck trying to figure it out that's a good spot to cut it if they do need to look it up. Instead they cut it at around 15:00 minutes.

they probably also went on a long winded racist Rant as they are known to do and edit out of the podcast.

iu

Man, the Danganronpa LP is just all Bad Touch and Woolie & Liam proving they'd get any refugees killed in any apocalyptic scenario where they were cutoff from guns and/or anything you could easily turn into a weapon..

The commentary of that LP is more what infuriating to me, especially Woolie. I don't care to go into why anymore at this point, but I just don't want Woolie on any story driven LP's ever again because he compares it to things it shouldn't be compared to.

kewlmyc

So I beat Undertale in a day and got the neutral and true ending. This game is amazing, and while some parts of Hotland/Core suck, the endings make the game and instant classic for me. The music is amazing too. Can't wait until the get to the neutral final boss in the playthough.

Skrams

I'll chime in and say I started Undertale. I immediately see why this is a thing now. People should probably play this just for the dialogue. The bullet hell RPG shit can be pretty fun too. I'll start watching the LP later today just to see some reactions. Some of the shit the game does is super cool.

I lost it when they found Iori.
Possibly rivaled only by Sonic Dreams

I think the image of a psp is the best moment in SBFP history.

Speaking of, Matt should really consider hiring someone to do "best of" and animation videos for them. The Zaibatsu clearly doesn't have the time to do them but they're in high demand, also since they're uploading videos so often now so maybe have them be monthly too like Game Grumps. I'm not saying SBFP should become a clone of Game Grumps but there's definitely some lessons to be learned.

Edzi

Speaking of, Matt should really consider hiring someone to do "best of" and animation videos for them. The Zaibatsu clearly doesn't have the time to do them but they're in high demand, also since they're uploading videos so often now so maybe have them be monthly too like Game Grumps. I'm not saying SBFP should become a clone of Game Grumps but there's definitely some lessons to be learned.

I'm sorry, but the less like Game Grumps they are the better.

Anung

Un Rama

I think the one way they could ape Game Grumps is production values and professionalism. Maybe hiring a barry type behind the scenes person to deal with editing/etc.

I'd love to see more Best Sisters Play. Although to your actual point I think they've said that kind of additional hiring won't be happening unless they get some really good deal.

MrHoot

Should hire someone to do their yearly top 10s too :^) We might get the 2014 one before the end of 2016 !

Rockk

This Metal Gear playthrough would be a lot better if it was just Liam.

It's not been a good couple of months for the Zaibatsu.

Skrams

This is HOW You Play Undertale (Unedited Piano Puzzle Solution)

Finally, the site exclusive content I've been waiting for. Also fuck that puzzle.

There's this volunteer project for the Best of 2014 at least.

You can hate their content all you want but their production values are impressive. Obviously they're a much larger channel than SBFP but I'm not exactly asking them to churn out 5 videos a day. They're very obviously having difficulty finding the time to put out all of the content they want to(I'm mainly talking about funny animations and other flavor videos that they used to upload more of.

aly

It's not been a good couple of months for the Zaibatsu.

You just made me think of how hype (or maybe how lame) a full Metal gear lets watch with all of themwould go, especially since they couldn't finish 4.

Yeah, then we could have hours of him explaining to us why all of the FOB BS has to be as bad as it is because of an Easter Egg cutscene that probably no one will legitimately see anyway, and he only knows exists because of data-mining.

They could rename it Metal Gear Solid: The Stockholm Syndrome.

Yeah, then we could have hours of him explaining to us why all of the FOB BS has to be as bad as it is because of an Easter Egg cutscene that probably no one will legitimately see anyway, and he only knows exists because of data-mining.

They could rename it Metal Gear Solid: The Stockholm Syndrome.

Yeah, his attitude towards that on the podcast was pretty disappointing to hear. If we just accept this type of stuff and "don't buy" it, it's just going to keep coming.

Outrage has proven to get things changed, as evident by the whole Deus Ex pre-order thing. Obviously this won't change what already exists, but it can hopefully prevent this type of shit in the future.

Village

Ok so I got lost planet 3 in a humble bundle.

I know jack shit about lost planet at all. I think i played demo of one when i was in highschool. Some people tell me they don't like 2 because of forced multiplayer stuff, and pat keeps saying it was supposed to be mon hun for the west. And others telling me it was supposed to be gears.

I have no idea what this series is about. Characters things what have you.

Because of that i have a very odd desire to play 3 with no context.

Should I just do it? And how deep would I have dived into the pool
I think the one way they could ape Game Grumps is production values and professionalism. Maybe hiring a barry type behind the scenes person to deal with editing/etc.

That is kind of what I want actually, that is why I hope they get a studio. Maybe get an actual good camera, and camera guy . I think GG has like an actual producer too. Maybe play some games that are a bit farther out of their wheel house. Outside of that, I would let grump be grumps and let the best friends be themselves. I come to each of those things for different things.

Numb

2237024263_1.gif

Ok so I got lost planet 3 in a humble bundle.

I know jack shit about lost planet at all. I think i played demo of one when i was in highschool. Some people tell me they don't like 2 because of forced multiplayer stuff, and pat keeps saying it was supposed to be mon hun for the west. And others telling me it was supposed to be gears.

I have no idea what this series is about. Characters things what have you.

Because of that i have a very odd desire to play 3 with no context.

Should I just do it? And how deep would I have dived into the pool

That is kind of what I want actually, that is why I hope they get a studio. Maybe get an actual good camera, and camera guy . I think GG has like an actual producer too. Maybe play some games that are a bit farther out of their wheel house. Outside of that, I would let grump be grumps and let the best friends be themselves. I come to each of those things for different things.

Also Village just do it.
Get in raw!

Top Bottom