• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Liam got past the easy part of the Code Talker mission
after this cutscene is when shit hits the fan
hell have to dig deep for the next level in gun jumping tech boys and girls

Cool that they played Indivisible, the prototype is real good. In an interview with MikeZ, he was talking about the full game having character affinities and dual techs. Got me even more excited.

Anung

Un Rama
Yeah, his attitude towards that on the podcast was pretty disappointing to hear. If we just accept this type of stuff and "don't buy" it, it's just going to keep coming.

Outrage has proven to get things changed, as evident by the whole Deus Ex pre-order thing. Obviously this won't change what already exists, but it can hopefully prevent this type of shit in the future.

Just Liam being Liam really. Being contrarian and defending anything no matter how undefendable it is. My brain just tunes him out when he says dumb shit.

Ignoring it would be a whole lot easier if the games psychology wasn't built around trying to get you to do a thing plus it being functional even when your offline. FOB is one of the reason's I've not even went back to play MGSV for the gameplay (the gameplay the gameplay) I wish I could opt out of the system entirely. I can't be fucked unplugging my internet every time I want to play either...so way to go Konami, I guess? You killed what little enjoyment I could get from the game now.

So I hate to be "that guy", but if we're going to be giving them money via Vessel, should we not be getting videos every day similar to the Youtube scheduling?

Skrams

Just Liam being Liam really. Being contrarian and defending anything no matter how undefendable it is. My brain just tunes him out when he says dumb shit.

Ignoring it would be a whole lot easier if the games psychology wasn't built around trying to get you to do a thing plus it being functional even when your offline. FOB is one of the reason's I've not even went back to play MGSV for the gameplay (the gameplay the gameplay) I wish I could opt out of the system entirely. I can't be fucked unplugging my internet every time I want to play either...so way to go Konami, I guess? You killed what little enjoyment I could get from the game now.

Pretty sure he just said ignore it and don't buy it because it's the easiest way to antisupport the product. Vote with your wallet and all that. Sure, it's a shame that it exists. I might be just projecting my thoughts on to Liam, but I personally can't wage a war every time another company does a shitty business practice like this. That's just tiring. I doubt Konami cares at this point either.

Seems like the only time you guys will be satisfied is when Liam finally declares that MGS5 is a disappointment.

So I hate to be "that guy", but if we're going to be giving them money via Vessel, should we not be getting videos every day similar to the Youtube scheduling?

I'd hope they upload 4 videos tomorrow to make up for it. I want to say this is their first time fucking up the Vessel so benefit of the doubt, but man, is it fucking dumb that they've avoided fixing this for an entire day and within the first week of "launching" it.

Seems like the only time you guys will be satisfied is when Liam finally declares that MGS5 is a disappointment.

I'd hope they upload 4 videos tomorrow to make up for it. I want to say this is their first time fucking up the Vessel so benefit of the doubt, but man, is it fucking dumb that they've avoided fixing this for an entire day and within the first week of "launching" it.

Because it was.

And yeah, probably just a mistake but only time will tell.

mike0dude

I tried asking one of them if there was suppose to be vids on Vessel today, he didn't know why there wasn't.

mike0dude

Between 4 guys I find it baffling how this type of stuff still tends to happen. It's like there's a lack of communication.

you actually think they talk outside of when they have to record?!? they aren't actually friends you know, just colleagues.
for real tho shit happens.

edit: I'm actually not even sure how they handle Vessel. maybe it's Machinima that just takes the video off their channel and then uploads it to Vessel for them ,could explain why the vids go up at a weird time (sometime 1pm sometimes 2pm). it'd make sense as to why they didn't fix it when i told them.

Numb

Doubt they slacking off on purpose.
Different guys doing different things and weird schedules.Except Liam's turn to edit stuff and we get goofy stuff lol.
Liking the 3 vid per day thing too.

Pretty sure he just said ignore it and don't buy it because it's the easiest way to antisupport the product. Vote with your wallet and all that. Sure, it's a shame that it exists. I might be just projecting my thoughts on to Liam, but I personally can't wage a war every time another company does a shitty business practice like this. That's just tiring. I doubt Konami cares at this point either.

Eh, I wouldn't read too into it. Just the usual harping on Liam's defensive attitude he takes towards most things. Though it'll be nice when the Metal Gear LP is finally over so people can move on instead of being bitter about it all the time.

aly

I thought the page was just messed up for me, but good to know that nothing was uploaded today. Most likely a mistake, but you got to be on the ball with these things with money involved.

Eh, I wouldn't read too into it. Just the usual harping on Liam's defensive attitude he takes towards most things. Though it'll be nice when the Metal Gear LP is finally over so people can move on instead of being bitter about it all the time.

They'll find new things to complain about, I'm sure.

you actually think they talk outside of when they have to record?!? they aren't actually friends you know, just colleagues.
for real tho shit happens.

edit: I'm actually not even sure how they handle Vessel. maybe it's Machinima that just takes the video off their channel and then uploads it to Vessel for them ,could explain why the vids go up at a weird time (sometime 1pm sometimes 2pm). it'd make sense as to why they didn't fix it when i told them.

I figured that Vessel just uploads them as soon as they show up on the content providers feed, and if that's the case I'm guessing that means nothing new has been recorded/edited in a few days.

Again though, probably just a mistake. As long as this isn't a consistent thing I don't mind.

Numb

Y'all should have signed up for vessel when it was in beta, signed up in march and I have it for free till next march.

I-i didn't know
dammit
mjcry-hoodie-gif.4604

youtube speed boyz errday over anything else tho

Numb

vessel videos actually load pretty fast, player is decent. try watching an older vid on it.

Meant as in speeding up the vid itself on youtube settings to 2 times the speed.
that kind of speed.

EDIT
Wait a min. just saw it had that too
thats cool.

I figured that Vessel just uploads them as soon as they show up on the content providers feed, and if that's the case I'm guessing that means nothing new has been recorded/edited in a few days.

Again though, probably just a mistake. As long as this isn't a consistent thing I don't mind.

You're just paying to get to see things early, right? Or did they talk about a schedule for Vessel specifically?

Vids should still go on Vessel before they hit youtube regardless, so as long as they don't screw up that schedule you should still have a steady flow of videos I imagine.

mike0dude

You're just paying to get to see things early, right? Or did they talk about a schedule for Vessel specifically?

Vids should still go on Vessel before they hit youtube regardless, so as long as they don't screw up that schedule you should still have a steady flow of videos I imagine.

the only vids that don't go up 3 day in advance on vessel are then ones where they just upload it and release it like for the Transformer video that was a simultaneous post on all 3 platforms.

Numb

the only vids that don't go up 3 day in advance on vessel are then ones where they just upload it and release it like for the Transformer video that was a simultaneous post on all 3 platforms.

Seems like a pretty sweet thing going on there.
Will get on it one day.

Honestly, not even talking about the podcast. I more or less expect that Liam prepares for each recording by making up a list of controversial shit to say before even arriving.

https://youtu.be/VJ8N-TBcszM?t=2m

The idea that this entire mess with FOBs and the always-online nature of them is to support the Easter Egg
nuclear disarmament
cutscene is childishly absurd. It's like saying the entire side-ops/resource collection part of the game has to exist because it's all a vector to deliver the
Big Boss's Birthday
cutscene.

The core gameplay loop of FOBs is designed, in the way of most smartphone games, to bilk money. Not particularly well, mind, but the intent is slathered over every facet of the system. I get that Liam loves his babbeh phone games and secretly wants everyone else to like Big Boss's Cow Clicker like he does, but it's ridiculous to try and portray it as somehow being in service to a noble end for the sake of a massively circuitous defense of the product.

Numb

Liam is either really cold on something and people are shocked he doesn't care or he is really heated on stuff and says some brutal stuff directly from his mind without any filter and people are shocked again.
Learn to expect it and never be surprised.
Pat hates everything till someone forces it down his throat and then loves it.
Matt can't be figured out.Usually dismissive since their interest never overlaps alot and Woolie is just Woolie.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Liam is either really cold on something and people are shocked he doesn't care or he is really heated on stuff and says some brutal stuff directly from his mind without any filter and people are shocked again.
Matt can't be figured out.Usually dismissive since their interest never overlaps alot and Woolie is just Woolie.
It still amazes me that compared to other groups like Giant Bomb and Mega64, they are still 4 guys who do everything themselves.
With the occasional intro animators.

ArjanN

Honestly, not even talking about the podcast. I more or less expect that Liam prepares for each recording by making up a list of controversial shit to say before even arriving.

Actually I think it's more that a lot of people way overreact whenever one of them says something they don't agree with.

I think Woolie just secretly loves trolling his fans. Like he reads every complaint about everything and just does the complete opposite to make people even more salty.

BazzBro

Ive had the Jellyfish Princess intro on repeat for hours now

why isnt everyone inlove with this show yet

I also wonder if Pat will touch that MLP fighting game spinoff now that its been funded.

Stigmas aside it is a punch kick game afterall

Anung

Un Rama

I don't care if Liam loves it or not. It's pretty clear now that the game could piss in his eyes or rape his cat and he'd find a way to defend it. Everyone agrees that the FOB insurance is heinous and disgusting...Liam is dead set that it is needed for some bullshit reason that barely justifies anything.

Like I said before and Imperfected said (probably better than I did) ignoring it can only get you so far when the game (like a mobile game) is built around trying to gouge you and psychologically assault you.

The guys can have opinions I disagree with. Hell the other members like things i don't like or say things I don't agree with and that fine. But at least there is logical consistency. Liam always has to play devils advocate for the sake of nothing at all. At first I just thought it was for the sake of the podcast so they don't sound too insular (which they don't as they disagree all the time) but now it seems like he just does it for shock value or to be different. It really gets up my nose for some reason. Recently more than ever.

Mik317

I don't care if Liam loves it or not. It's pretty clear now that the game could piss in his eyes or rape his cat and he'd find a way to defend it. Everyone agrees that the FOB insurance is heinous and disgusting...Liam is dead set that it is needed for some bullshit reason that barely justifies anything.

Like I said before and Imperfected said (probably better than I did) ignoring it can only get you so far when the game (like a mobile game) is built around trying to gouge you and psychologically assault you.

The guys can have opinions I disagree with. Hell the other members like things i don't like or say things I don't agree with and that fine. But at least there is logical consistency. Liam always has to play devils advocate for the sake of nothing at all. At first I just thought it was for the sake of the podcast so they don't sound too insular (which they don't as they disagree all the time) but now it seems like he just does it for shock value or to be different. It really gets up my nose for some reason. Recently more than ever.

It bugs you because the Konami shit bugs you and it does not bug him. Liam has said that the whole situation is fucked and sucks and Konami deserves shit for it. However, it isn't ruining the game for him like it has for you. Yeah he can get a bit butthurt over things he likes being trashed but in this case, eh...like dude said above there isn't anything people can do but ignore it or stop playing the game...he chose to ignore it as he obviously finds the game to be fun enough to get through the shit.

I also think people won't be satisfied until they all shit on the game as some "fuck you Konami" shit as if that would do anything. Konami has made their bed already. But since Liam isn't goin in as hard as GAF has on the game because of Konami's shit, it pisses you off because it looks like he's defending the practices when he really isn't. He says they are shit but it hasn't gotten in the way of the game for him.

I find MGSV to be very dissapointing but it is for other reasons more so than Konami being a shit. Those reasons did not ruin the gam for me...doesn't mean I think they are ok..it is just that they do not matter to ME. It sounds like Liam is the same, except he still finds the game to be super fun and that is all that matters to him.

Arjac

Usually it's a 4 temperament ensemble.
Liam being the optimist
Pat the cynic
Woolie the realist
Matt the ambivilent

QuadOpto

Ehhh...So... it seems
they've skipped an entire episode of Danganronpa on Vessel. Apparently a whole chapter's worth of content.

As someone who actually enjoys watching the LP, this is somewhat disconcerting.

MrHoot

Spoilers for undertale vessel

NGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !

The undertale LP is really damn entertaining. Matt and Liam are having so much fun, it's another one of these games, like Until Dawn, that feels like it's made for them. Also they've been reading the comments too it seems, they've improved a lot. Although it takes a bit to understand Undyne's gimmick !

Can't wait for more eps of this, loving it

Top Bottom