• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Totally forgot I already had Strider. Whoopsie-doodle
Sorry for the Modbot spam
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1089525&highlight=.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

STRIDER -- MB-8BC3468E589C45B1 - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.

t1445481392z1.png

xezuru

Aww, Nightmare House 2 is one of my favorite HL2 mods, they got a bit through it, but didnt really get far enough to show off all the cool design shit in it.

prob gonna go japanese voice for Zestiria
i recognize too many of these actors for the japanese voices
fucking Mikan voices one of em for god sakes

Oh please Matt and Pat, Dota did not have a "mass player loss", as always the player count fluctuates up and down. People are a bit burnt out by TI and the new client being full of glitches also temporarily scared people off. A new patch will come after the upcoming majors and the player count will rise again.

The neogaf thread was Kotaku levels of nonsense.

JC Sera

Oh please Matt and Pat, Dota did not have a "mass player loss", as always the player count fluctuates up and down. People are a bit burnt out by TI and the new client being full of glitches also temporarily scared people off. A new patch will come after the upcoming majors and the player count will rise again.

The neogaf thread was Kotaku levels of nonsense.
when did they say this??
Also I thought pat avoided mobas, even talking about them, like the plague

when did they say this??

Nightmare House 2 video. To be fair they're just making conversation and I shouldn't be so critical of every random thing they say but I don't want the entire fanbase thinking Dota is dying or something.

Skrams

curious what you guys think about youtube red vs vessel
I don't know a ton about youtube red, but it sounds like people are being strong-armed into joining youtube red which sounds pretty shitty. Vessel seems to be a better value for only $3 a month compared to youtubes $10. I don't see much reason to care about youtube when it's a bunch of media creators same old content or new unproven content locked behind a paywall. Playing youtube videos in the background or downloading them onto my phone or desktop or whatever doesn't seem like a thing I care about either. I can already do those for free on a desktop and I don't need to do it on my phone.
when did they say this??

I think it was an off handed comment about Dota losing 70% or something of its userbase during Nightmare House 2? I think he was referring to the source 2 engine switch over stuff which is probably just people who are dissatisfied with the bugs and will come back once it's less shit.

curious what you guys think about youtube red vs vessel

It's up to Matt or Pat to tell us which is better for their needs.

I could go either way. At least with Red, I get Google Play Music and tinkering with the service last night, I don't mind jumping ship from Spotify.

MrHoot

Those FF14 videos are making me want to jump back in.

Alreadyp lanning to do so. Even thinking if i might switch servers or make a new character on Pat's FC server.

My current potato Lucine Shabadoobie is on Balmung at the moment I think

Rutti

Alreadyp lanning to do so. Even thinking if i might switch servers or make a new character on Pat's FC server.

My current potato Lucine Shabadoobie is on Balmung at the moment I think

I have a lvl 50 White mage on Ragnarok that I don't want to leave behind. I don't think I would be active enough to be i that FC anyway.

MrHoot

I have a lvl 50 White mage on Ragnarok that I don't want to leave behind. I don't think I would be active enough to be i that FC anyway.

Yeah, it's maybe one of maybe my few gripes with FF XIV: creating a new character when you already have a level 50+, especially in heavensward, is a chore, because redoing all these story quests and requirements for unlocks is really damn annoying. I wish there was a veteran option so that creating new characters you would be able to skip a portion of that at least

Yeah, it's maybe one of maybe my few gripes with FF XIV: creating a new character when you already have a level 50+, especially in heavensward, is a chore, because redoing all these story quests and requirements for unlocks is really damn annoying. I wish there was a veteran option so that creating new characters you would be able to skip a portion of that at least

You can transfer characters from server to server for a fee

MrHoot

Would FF14 be a good MMORPG for me if I don't particularly care about FF and generally like to play by myself?

I'm looking for a timesink

It's still pretty damn enjoyable. And it's designed so that it's very easy to play by yourself and come by pick ups for dungeons, and it's still pretty welcoming to new players (I have to stay I had very little "bad experiences" in dungeons, except maybe in the few beginnings but it mellows out quickly afterwards)

And yeah, you can enjoy it without being a hard FF aficionado. I know i did.

My few complaints about the game which dimmed after a while were that the beginning of the game is pretty damn slow as you only have one class and the game gradually unlocks more and more important stuff for you. That and there's a looooot of filler quests.

But yeah, 14 days trial is the best bet to get a taste of it

Matt just announced a new series.
Hey everyone!

Pleased to announce that we'll be returning this Sunday, and every following Sunday from there on out, with a new season of content done in the older Machinima style episodes, or some have be known to call it, Two Best Friends Play "Classic".

These will be the 10-15 minute quick looks at mostly newer releases, under the slightly different moniker or "NEW Super Best Friends Play" which is a dumb play on Nintendo's "New!" line of Mario Bros titles.

These videos will first premiere on Vessel every Sunday at first, but unlike ALL our previous seasons of Machinima content, we'll also be able to upload the episodes on our own YouTube channel a week later, so you'll always get a new episode in this format every Sunday regardless!

We have already recorded a few of these and they've turned out pretty well I think so far, including a look at Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 that I needed to get drunk for to survive the crushing waves of disappointment that splashed down upon my fragile psyche.

I know some of you might be disappointment these videos will be exclusive to Vessel for a week, but like I mentioned before, they will all eventually come to our own YT channel shortly thereafter, which is something we were not able to do before. Should be good!

See ya later, fuckers!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Those shorts sound interesting. And it'll allow them to explore a lot of different content on the channel without having to overcommit, especially if it's not going well.

MrHoot

Apparently the ending of Life is strange is a bit
garbage.
I haven't seen it myself

Wonder if/when they're gonna took a jab at it themselves

Anung

Un Rama
Nothing puts me off a video faster than 'Matt' and 'Drunk'. Should be interesting to see how they change up the formula as the machinima-style videos grew stale for me a while back.

Nothing puts me off a video faster than 'Matt' and 'Drunk'. Should be interesting to see how they change up the formula as the machinima-style videos grew stale for me a while back.
Matt being a bit buzzed is probably best, like in Ride to Hell. He does get kind of unbearable when he gets super drunk though.

joe2187

Banned
Man it took me forever to figure out how the content is organized on vessel.

All the fisticuffs, one shots, specials and regular lets plays are all in seperate channels.

It's a bit convoluted, is there a section on vessel that lumps all of them together?

Top Bottom