• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

I'm really behind on videos still, I guess I just decided I'm not a huge fan of any of the current LPs. I'll probably marathon the Shitstorm videos all in one go at some point. I've been watching the odd occasional one.

Looking forward to this Machinima-styled content, watching their first Machinima is what got me on this hype train.

aly

Nothing puts me off a video faster than 'Matt' and 'Drunk'. Should be interesting to see how they change up the formula as the machinima-style videos grew stale for me a while back.

I don't find Matt too bad drunk. Now Pat on the other hand. If this was an lp it would be annoying, but I think it would be fine and hilarious in little 15 minute chunks.

Could I just toss in a suggestion for shitstorm next year? I kinda like the hybrid of what we got last year where instead of just thirty 30-50 minutes video we got some closure on some games. I realize not every game needs that but for stuff like White Night? I think it would help alot.

So what I'm suggesting is like a competition of sort- The first 2-3 weeks of October we just the oneshot videos, then we vote for the top five of them we want to see continue, and the best friends can pick 3 out of the 5 to complete via stream on the last few days of Halloween month.

Skrams

Edit- Watched Nevermind and I can't understand if neither of them know what the fuck Hansel and Gretel is. They say things like fairy tale, but they never say the words Hansel and Gretel. The fuck is wrong with Canada. Pat also continues to be Pat and just throw his poop at the wall whenever he encounters a puzzle. Just hit 12345 and then say you're not good at puzzles whenever puzzles happen.

Mystery box games can be anything, their "new" series mostly looks at big new releases.

Yeah, it's pretty much just the same old machinima show rebranded by the looks of it. I find it weird that it's going up on vessel a week early. I would expect more traffic on whatever machinimas regular channel is now. Maybe it'll hit the machinima channel after a week, so there's more revenue streams? Dunno. Machinima keeps moving channels around and trying to create 10 umbrellas for content and it's not great.

Fat4all

Banned
Vessel Spoilers:
Powerdrill Massacre

I love this game SO much! It's scary and moody as shit, and makes me nauseously scared every time I play it.

Honestly, as soon as I saw it on 72-hour notice I subbed to Vessel immediately just to see them play it.

Mystery box games can be anything, their "new" series mostly looks at big new releases.

It's a good idea to get that going now just as the holiday releases start to ramp up. This is a good buffer for the games they want to do videos for, but not as an LP or as a longer one-off.

Edit- Watched Nevermind and I can't understand if neither of them know what the fuck Hansel and Gretel is. They say things like fairy tale, but they never say the words Hansel and Gretel. The fuck is wrong with Canada. Pat also continues to be Pat and just throw his poop at the wall whenever he encounters a puzzle. Just hit 12345 and then say you're not good at puzzles whenever puzzles happen.
I think Pat figured it out, because at one point he says "Hans" with incredible sarcasm, which doesn't make sense if he's never read/heard the story.

YKNOW, as much as Pat brags about being a super smart guy, he struggles at the most basic of puzzles.

The Evil Within body room comes to mind.

YKNOW, as much as Pat brags about being a super smart guy, he struggles at the most basic of puzzles.

The Evil Within body room comes to mind.
He'd have a much easier time if he didn't go "goddamnit I hate puzzles", try to brute force it, then whine a bunch every single time. I never actually see him try to figure a puzzle out.

Anung

Un Rama
I think I'd prefer it if they introduced cuts into one off videos like the shitstorms. Videos would flow better and we'd actually get to see the good stuff if they didn't spend 10-15 minutes of video time on a puzzle. Stairs was so disappointing for this as they cut it just as it starts getting good.

Kind of makes me dread SOMA which is a shame because that was the shitstorm I was most looking forward to (behind Whistleblower D:)

He'd have a much easier time if he didn't go "goddamnit I hate puzzles", try to brute force it, then whine a bunch every single time. I never actually see him try to figure a puzzle out.

But I mean this is the same guy that has beaten Silent Hill games and he's always struggling to piece together the components of how an in game puzzle works.

Pen and paper dude. Write down what you need.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Honestly it almost feels like part of a character they're trying to shoehorn into his SBFP persona.

He's probably not that bad at them. He just hates them and gives up before even starting.

Oh ffs, there's a 14 day free trial for FFXIV... I really hope I don't like crack.

DO IT!

28a.gif

THROW YOUR MONEY AT PAT!

Skrams

Friday Night Fisticuffs - King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match

Youtube

Website

Took a minute to get to shitting on KoF14 again. I don't care about KoF, but at this point I have to wonder how much shit Pat or whoever will keep throwing at 14 when we've only had those 30 seconds of footage unless I missed something else about it.

Edzi

Friday Night Fisticuffs - King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match

Youtube

Website

Took a minute to get to shitting on KoF14 again. I don't care about KoF, but at this point I have to wonder how much shit Pat or whoever will keep throwing at 14 when we've only had those 30 seconds of footage unless I missed something else about it.

To be fair, the footage we did get legit looked like a ps2/dreamcast game.

Okingjrr

Matt's navigational skills are so bad it's actively pissing me off.

How are they not figuring out that this is literally Hansel and Gretel.

Dude, I audibly sigh when Matt is on the controls for anything.

Them not figuring out the Hansel and Gretel thing was just the worst. Neat idea for a game though.

I liked the Danganronpa LP at first. I did. I liked it a lot. It's just that around 5 episodes ago, they stopped paying any attention to the game's story, and it wasn't even their fault. This game's pacing and its narrative execution is so abominable that at this point I wouldn't be looking at the dialogue either. Shirokuma is kind of the embodiment of this, where everything going on with that character is annoying in a very meta way. That said, Woolie's complaints seem to be almost exclusively about how he expected different things from this game, and that's very annoying.

xezuru

Someone tell Toby Fox to like, contact fan gamer to make some official undertale merch.
I want a Sans figure so bad, and I don't even know if Undertale would be my GOTY, but Sans would definitely be my fav character.

Xux

Oh, that's why Matt bought an iPad. Seems worth it; pretty neat game. Controls seem better than expected since they just plugged in a controller.

I liked the Danganronpa LP at first. I did. I liked it a lot. It's just that around 5 episodes ago, they stopped paying any attention to the game's story, and it wasn't even their fault. This game's pacing and its narrative execution is so abominable that at this point I wouldn't be looking at the dialogue either. Shirokuma is kind of the embodiment of this, where everything going on with that character is annoying in a very meta way. That said, Woolie's complaints seem to be almost exclusively about how he expected different things from this game, and that's very annoying.

I'm still enjoying it but yeah the pacing killed it. That and Woolie's unreaslistic expectations and latent desires to behead children.

aly

Metal Gear Solid 29 :
They really need to listen to the tapes after this mission and going into chapter 2. Yeah they aren't a good replacement for story cutscenes, but at least it is some story. Also that dumb Solid Snake was blonde story. Pat Pls.

those of you that arent liking the Danganronpa LP dont worry i can guarantee that the last half is super hype and despair inducing
because ive played the game

Numb

Dangan one of the first LPs i took a break from to catch up later in bulks and hoping it improved.
Seems like i made a good decision.

Top Bottom