• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Dangan one of the first LPs i took a break from to catch up later in bulks and hoping it improved.
Seems like i made a good decision.

It has good moments, but neither Liam nor Woolie are off base when they say the pacing killed what momentum it had going.

Matt's navigational skills are so bad it's actively pissing me off.

How are they not figuring out that this is literally Hansel and Gretel.

I feel like it's wishful thinking. That's what it was for me.

"One of the stories here is just Hansel and Gretel, so it can't be that, because that would be incredibly fucking dumb, nonsensical in this futuristic setting we're been sold, and not in any way fitting the sort of psychological horror/trauma theme they're going for."

"Oh, nevermind, it is Hansel and Gretel. Well, fuck this game, then."

Skrams

I feel like it's wishful thinking. That's what it was for me.

"One of the stories here is just Hansel and Gretel, so it can't be that, because that would be incredibly fucking dumb, nonsensical in this futuristic setting we're been sold, and not in any way fitting the sort of psychological horror/trauma theme they're going for."

"Oh, nevermind, it is Hansel and Gretel. Well, fuck this game, then."

It's because they went through the tutorial of a fake mind that's meant for new employees. It's a kinda neat idea.

It's because they went through the tutorial of a fake mind that's meant for new employees. It's a kinda neat idea.

It's a tonal nightmare that completely burned out my interest in the game on the spot. Does it get better? Almost certainly. Do I have much patience for a writer who thought that was a constructive way to use the first thirty minutes of the game? Oh hell nah.

Skrams

It's a tonal nightmare that completely burned out my interest in the game on the spot. Does it get better? Almost certainly. Do I have much patience for a writer who thought that was a constructive way to use the first thirty minutes of the game? Oh hell nah.

Or just skip the tutorial. Or just don't run in circles and stop constantly like Matt did for 30 minutes. It's a tonal nightmare because it's literally a in world tutorial made for new employees and based on a story most individuals know so they have an easier time completing the tutorial?

Fat4all

Banned

You're being kind of silly.

Vessel Spoilers -
Forgotten Memories Altered Reality

Is Mr. Anderson in that tape actually fucking Eddie from SH2?! At the very least aping his speaking style.

Skrams

Best Friends Play Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls (Part 21)

Website

Youtube

Even as the LP progresses the upload schedule gets weirder for this. It's been available on vessel for a while now because I assume they have less control over listing and unlisting those videos when parts go up in wrong orders and all that.

Also the next part of Undertale has been available to watch there for quite a while for free.

Anung

Un Rama
Best Friends Play Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls (Part 21)

Website

Youtube

Even as the LP progresses the upload schedule gets weirder for this. It's been available on vessel for a while now because I assume they have less control over listing and unlisting those videos when parts go up in wrong orders and all that.

Also the next part of Undertale has been available to watch there for quite a while for free.

Wow, that dislike bar!

wait when did non subscribers get to watch Vessel Videos sometimes?
did Vessel become like SouthParkStudios?
edit:eek:h thats what 72hr exclusive means

MrHoot

I saw i have 15 bucks left on my paypal account so I was giddy to resub on FF14 with it.

Until I saw FF14 doesn't want paypal money

TRUELY THE DARKEST TIMELINE

Squishy3

I saw i have 15 bucks left on my paypal account so I was giddy to resub on FF14 with it.

Until I saw FF14 doesn't want paypal money

TRUELY THE DARKEST TIMELINE
You can buy Crysta with Paypal, and then buy a sub with Crysta, but you'd have to add a $10 amount and then a $5 amount to spend the $15 on your Paypal account.

I buy my sub with Crysta, but usually just opt to get the $20 amount because it lets me buy a minion or just stockpile the extra and then I can buy whatever cool stuff they add in the future.

MrHoot

You can buy Crysta with Paypal, and then buy a sub with Crysta, but you'd have to add a $10 amount and then a $5 amount to spend the $15 on your Paypal account.

I buy my sub with Crysta, but usually just opt to get the $20 amount because it lets me buy a minion or just stockpile it and then I can buy whatever cool stuff they add in the future.
Crystas don't seem to work for me (EU account). Fails everytime I try to buy any

just use Steam Wallet

It's an old account, the game wasn't bought on steam

Fat4all

Banned
Honestly, they should have started with Danganronpa 1, with someone playing who never played it before being guided and informed by Liam. We've seen this work to great effect before already on the channel.

Having Woolie bull-rush the series just for UDG was a bold attempt, but it just wasn't meant to be.

So wait, is Forgotten Memories the first game that group has made? Because holy shit they're nailing everything really well and I did not expect that ending for the first episode.

MMOs confuse me and I'm confused by FFXIV. I've basically hit the level cap on the free trial (lv20) so I've bought the PS3 copy because it was literally nothing, and that should get me a 30 day sub? And I'll buy it on Steam so then I can have another 30 days?

Basically, is my account my account and I can play it as long as I own a copy of the game on the respective platforms?

This is why I didn't get into FFXIV, but now I'm enjoying myself...

FFS: That sponsored video did it's job.

MMOs confuse me and I'm confused by FFXIV. I've basically hit the level cap on the free trial (lv20) so I've bought the PS3 copy because it was literally nothing, and that should get me a 30 day sub? And I'll buy it on Steam so then I can have another 30 days?

Basically, is my account my account and I can play it as long as I own a copy of the game on the respective platforms?

Yes, for mulitiple copies you get more free sub days.

Are you in Ultros? I'd party with ya when I resub

Pat has some good shill skills.

MrHoot

One of us, one of us (well, of them until I get my sub back)

Honestly, they should have started with Danganronpa 1, with someone playing who never played it before being guided and informed by Liam. We've seen this work to great effect before already on the channel.

Having Woolie bull-rush the series just for UDG was a bold attempt, but it just wasn't meant to be.

And Woolie was secretive about it, too. Ultra Despair Girls would've been a surprise regardless of us knowing he was playing through the previous games since they played it before release.

was i just spoiled for the end of Life is Strange episode 5?
either Chloe or Arcadia Bay gets to survive?
a simple yes or no please
edit: nvm
-_-

aly

Vessel Metal gear Pt. 30 :
Liam admitting that Ground Zeroes is the superior Metal Gear game. So true.

Top Bottom