• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Baio's wife (???) tells Sandy Hook mom her kids are in a better place

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/trending-now/scott-baios-wife-renee-tells-sandy-hook-mom-maybe-your-children-are-in-a-better-place/599229026

Renee Sloan, the wife of American actor and television director Scott Baio, is a target of widespread social media backlash after she told the mother of a Sandy Hook victim, "Maybe your children are in a better place."

On Thursday, the former "Happy Days" actor retweeted a conspiracy theory picture that suggested the mother of Vicki Soto, a teacher murdered in a mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary school, in Newton, Connecticut, and the mother of Charlottesville, Virginia, Heather Heyer were portrayed by an actress.

The conspiracy theory photo implies that both deaths may have been faked, Baio soon apologized.

Nelba Marquez-Greene, whose 6-year-old daughter Ana was killed in the Sandy Hook shooting, called Baio out on his insensitivity.

On Saturday morning, Baio’s wife gave an update to her Twitter followers on a recent surgery she underwent, writing that there was a “scary set back….transfusion and now bed rest.”

Marquez-Greene replied and said, “Sure hope no one makes fun of you or suggests you’re acting... Instead? I will say god bless you and best wishes for a speedy recovery.”

Baio’s wife responded: “I’m sorry 4 your loss @Nelba_MG however, maybe your children are in a better place. Your ugliness knows no bounds! I’ll pray for you.”

What a fucking cunt.

Also since when has Scott Baio been a piece of garbage? Really makes me question my love for Bob Loblaw's Law Blog.

Like... How do you deal with these fucks? How do you deal with people who just absolutely reject reality and claim that people are actors?

Tagyhag

So I don't understand the conspiracy theory aspect of it.

Is it because you don't want to admit that a white person could be bad, you love guns, or both?

mnannola

This is straight out of the "If he gets punched, he will punch back harder" playbook of our commander in chief.

"Imply I may be faking my hospital visit? Well how about your kid is better off without you!"

Despicable.

Ithil

Is it because you don't want to admit that a white person could be bad, you love guns, or both?

They don't want to confront the fact that there is a gun problem in America, so they deny all the evidence of it rather than face it. They want to live in a fantasy bubble where there are no problems for them.

So if someone kills her, it'll be cool because maybe she'll be in a better place?

Ugh. I really don't want anyone to every use my death as some fucked up "silver lining"

shandy706

You know what...don't mind the mom's reaction and post. The Baios deserve it after that conspiracy trash.

Dudes wife needs a good punch for that insult towards the loss of a child.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Did we have a thread already on Scott Baio and his wife's fake charity? Because that is ridiculous as well.

Dierce

I wonder what goes through the head of these religious conservatives that are also pro-gun and do the opposite of what their own bible said they should do. They probably live in a state of constant mental conflict which makes them evil and bitter.

Tagyhag

They don't want to confront the fact that there is a gun problem in America, so they deny all the evidence of it rather than face it. They want to live in a fantasy bubble where there are no problems for them.

I feel like that's too innocent for them lol.

If you harass the parents I think you have darker thoughts.

Did we have a thread already on Scott Baio and his wife's fake charity? Because that is ridiculous as well.

Did a quick title search of his name and the only other thread that came up was "Scott Baio: 45 and single."

But I'd love to hear about it.

Zee-Row

Banned
Is it wrong of me to wish the worst on these people that bully victims of gun violence? I don’t see any scenario where these people can look themselves in the mirror and say that they fucked up and feel sorry for anything.

Dierce

Why are conservative actors not just normal conservative but like the worst strain of conservative that exists?

Probably because there is no such thing as a normal conservative. There is just no justification for that type of ideology either rationally or emotionally.

yuoke

Banned
There aren't many things that legitimately trigger me...but this definitely does. I don't even know how to respond to this.

I wonder what goes through the head of these religious conservatives that are also pro-gun and do the opposite of what their own bible said they should do. They probably live in a state of constant mental conflict which makes them evil and bitter.

Doublethink. Hopefully its so mentally exhausting that...well I only have bad things to say here so Ill save it.

nel e nel

What a fucking cunt.

Also since when has Scott Baio been a piece of garbage? Really makes me question my love for Bob Loblaw's Law Blog.

A while now, but because he's no longer in charge, he doesn't get as much coverage as he used to.

Some one really needs to zap him and his wife.

DonShula

Twitter has given the worst of us the ability to communicate with anyone on any subject without the burden of looking into their eyes in person. It has completely removed the human element from communication.

Certainly this wasn't the intent of Twitter but it's most definitely the result of it.

Nothing has exposed more racist, homophobic, sexist, and largely PoS individual than twitter.

no kidding. the narcissism of these folks that compel them to post garbage like this woman does a far better job of laying naked their true feelings on things than previous mediums, and we are better armed to identify and take action or inaction (ignore) whichever is more prudent, than identifying subtleties and innuendos that are more open to misinterpretation.

Wag

What could possibly motivate someone to re-traumatize someone over losing a child?

I don't understand.

Because it doesn't make any sense. "This is all made up so they can take our guns!"

"......so uh....why didn't they?"

conversation over. At best they will shut up, at worst they go on an insane tirade.

Does Renee Baio post the same kind of stuff as hubby ie conspiracies, negative things in general? I can't tell as it seems her tweets are protected.

The reason I ask is that while what she said is indefensible, it was a reaction to a tweet by the Sandy Hook mom giving her a hard time for something her husband said, not her.

Top Bottom