• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Baio's wife (???) tells Sandy Hook mom her kids are in a better place

Like... How do you deal with these fucks? How do you deal with people who just absolutely reject reality and claim that people are actors?
Mock, belittle, never engage them in an argument but go for personal attacks and public psychoanalysis of them. Always go low and aim for their most vulnerable places. I've been using those tactics in dealing with this kind of trash on social media and it's an effective set of table turners. Fuck these people.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Yup, I'm fucking triggered.

Sandy Hook spoiled me on America being able to right it's wrongs within my lifetime. If a killer can go into a school and slaughter children, and we do NOTHING about it in regards to gun reform and mental illness? People will actually say without irony or thought to the victims that it was a hoax, made by actors for fucking political posturing?!?

MAN FUCK THAT.

*rageshake*

RPGCrazied

What happened to his acting career? Never left the from the 80's/90's from the looks at it. And Sandy Hook deniers are some of the nastiest people I have ever seen. How would they like it if they lost children to a madman and people shouting it was all fake?

I mean, if you bait an asshole, you're gonna get shit. Not that I blame the mom for being pissed, but bringing the dumb wife into it was really unnessisary.

FStubbs

Because it doesn't make any sense. "This is all made up so they can take our guns!"

"......so uh....why didn't they?"

conversation over. At best they will shut up, at worst they go on an insane tirade.

Nah, their answer usually is "because we stopped Obama and now Trump is in office."

FStubbs

What happened to his acting career? Never left the from the 80's/90's from the looks at it. And Sandy Hook deniers are some of the nastiest people I have ever seen. How would they like it if they lost children to a madman and people shouting it was all fake?

Holocaust deniers operate under the same principle.

And these deniers are actually fans of the thing they're denying happened and their end goal is for more of it to happen.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Was ready to read a thread on a sentence taken completely out of context, but damn, the context made it so much worse.

Fuck these people.

Why the fuck does anyone care what conspiracy theories Charles in Charge believe in?!?!

Are we gonna make threads about what Buddy believes too?

Seriously, why do any of you care what this shit stain thinks?

Alucrid

Banned
Why the fuck does anyone care what conspiracy theories Charles in Charge believe in?!?!

it's almost like he spoke at the RNC. why are you more angry at us than you seem to be at scott baio and his wife?

louiedog

Unfortunately he has some influence and people do listen to him though. He spoke at the RNC last year.

Does Renee Baio post the same kind of stuff as hubby ie conspiracies, negative things in general? I can't tell as it seems her tweets are protected.

The reason I ask is that while what she said is indefensible, it was a reaction to a tweet by the Sandy Hook mom giving her a hard time for something her husband said, not her.

I think if someone says "I hope no one belittles your problems, good luck"

And their response is basically "you ugly person, maybe your kids are in a better place".

They have problems themselves.

The original comment was a little pointed, sure. But nothing about it deserved the latter.

Yup, I'm fucking triggered.

Sandy Hook spoiled me on America being able to right it's wrongs within my lifetime. If a killer can go into a school and slaughter children, and we do NOTHING about it in regards to gun reform and mental illness? People will actually say without irony or thought to the victims that it was a hoax, made by actors for fucking political posturing?!?

Yes. After Obama cried on national television and implored congress to take action on gun control, the NRA and conservatives began the "he wants to take away our guns" propaganda. The far right lunatics then used this to weave a 9-11 style conspiracy theory that Sandy Hook was staged and Obama was faking his outrage. Obama would later say that this moment was the lowest point of his presidency.

Has Trump ever been asked about Sandy Hook? I would assume he's very much in the lunatic conspiracy camp.

Oriel

Mock, belittle, never engage them in an argument but go for personal attacks and public psychoanalysis of them. Always go low and aim for their most vulnerable places. I've been using those tactics in dealing with this kind of trash on social media and it's an effective set of table turners. Fuck these people.

Yep. I admire Michelle Obama but her "we go high" speech was just nonsense. You don't fight these people with niceness, you have to be fucking ruthless in tackling the cancer that is the Alt-Right/American Nazis. Chris Cantwell cried like a little bitch on YouTube after being fucking hounded relentlessly online and in the real world. Another Nazi cunt went begging online for funds to get out of his hometown after losing his job and being ostracised by locals. He whinged "My life has been ruined".

You don't deal with Nazi scum with kid gloves.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a tip, never follow "I'm sorry for your loss" with "however"

I'm not racist but..... the jews did it
no offense but..... you are fat and ugly and stupid and I hate you but no offense

now everyones happy, i'm not a prick AND i get to say what I think and you're not upset!

prefacing things with 'this isn't exactly what it sounds like' is a modern language miracle.

You would think it's common decency on how to act when it comes to death in a family. If you have a co-worker whose kid gets hit by a car, you wouldn't walk up to them and question whether the kid was actually hit or not. You would respect their grief.

Even if someone had doubts about Sandy Hook, a normal person would keep it to their selves unless they had absolute proof, just to be respectful to the families who had lost loved ones.

For these truthers that try to push some goofy make believe as real fact is just bizarre. A normal person wouldn't push for this. This whole truther thing just feels like they are trying to profit from scandal. Totally disgusting behavior.

L Thammy

Wow, I read the title and thought that it meant it in the "they're in heaven now" sense, this is just straight up sociopath shit.

EDIT:
I checked Wikipedia to confirm who the guy is (I'm bad with celebrities), and

In an interview with Ashley Webster, Baio described President Barack Obama as being "either dumb, a Muslim, or a Muslim sympathizer, and I don't think he's dumb".[21]

On December 15, 2016, Baio accused Nancy Mack, wife of Chad Smith, drummer for Red Hot Chili Peppers, of physically assaulting him at their children's elementary school function. Baio claims Mack began berating and cursing him over his support of Trump and at one point attacked him, grabbing him under his arms and then shaking and pushing him. Mack said she was merely trying to show Baio how Trump hugs women and denies any intentional physical aggression.[22]

On August 26, 2017, Baio re-tweeted a Sandy Hook "truther" meme, insinuating the recent death of Heather Heyer was a hoax. [23]

every goddamn time.

That's fucking straight up evil.

I've noticed that these pro-Trump, pro-life, God fearing people tend to say the most truly evil things and justify it as long the violence or the hurt is directed toward a liberal or "the left". Like, things that make me want to cry and bother me for days.

Flo_Evans

I'd like to think that people deny sandy hook are so shook they just can't accept the reality that a crazy person could just randomly start murdering innocent people in america.

I seriously hope they don’t bring this piece of shit back for the next season of Arrested Development.

I love his character, but this dickhead deserves to die as broke and obscure as possible.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Yes. After Obama cried on national television and implored congress to take action on gun control, the NRA and conservatives began the "he wants to take away our guns" propaganda. The far right lunatics then used this to weave a 9-11 style conspiracy theory that Sandy Hook was staged and Obama was faking his outrage. Obama would later say that this moment was the lowest point of his presidency.

Has Trump ever been asked about Sandy Hook? I would assume he's very much in the lunatic conspiracy camp.

Holy shit it drives me more insane than anything else politically.

You can't make it about race - Newtown, CT is almost entirely white. The shooter was white. The children and teachers were white.
You can't make it about class - This was middle class America, the average household made over 90k a year.

So they make it a damn partisan issue. It drives me nuts. Data STILL comes in about how the shooter had mental health issues that failed to be addressed. It's still hard for people who are suffering from depression to get services. It's still hard for people who are suffering from abuse to get services. It's still hard for families with children on the spectrum to get services. It's still ridiculously easy to purchase high-powered rifles and ammo. That all should have came to the table after something as catastrophic as Sandy Hook happened, but nope. There's now a goddamn narrative that it was all a conspiracy theory. Can you IMAGINE if your kid, your niece or nephew, was fucking gunned down by a guy, and people not only says that it didn't happen, but that your relative doesn't exist?!?!

It brings me to tears every time I think it. Fuck American politics.

Holy shit it drives me more insane than anything else politically.

You can't make it about race - Newtown, CT is almost entirely white. The shooter was white. The children and teachers were white.
You can't make it about class - This was middle class America, the average household made over 90k a year.

So they make it a damn partisan issue. It drives me nuts. Data STILL comes in about how the shooter had mental health issues that failed to be addressed. It's still hard for people who are suffering from depression to get services. It's still hard for people who are suffering from abuse to get services. It's still hard for families with children on the spectrum to get services. It's still ridiculously easy to purchase high-powered rifles and ammo. That all should have came to the table after something as catastrophic as Sandy Hook happened, but nope. There's now a goddamn narrative that it was all a conspiracy theory. Can you IMAGINE if your kid, your niece or nephew, was fucking gunned down by a guy, and people not only says that it didn't happen, but that your relative doesn't exist?!?!

It brings me to tears every time I think it. Fuck American politics.

Thank god the state government of CT said fuck the Fed and the NRA and passed the toughest gun control laws in the nation. Take a look at what happened to violent gun crimes in the state after those laws were passed.

Gonna make a wild guess here and assume both Scott and his wife are gun rights fanatics. That's what Sandyhook truethers generally are: People so invested in their pro-guns bullshit, that they'll readily spin a conspiracy theory around Sandyhook just to absolve their stupid, precious guns and gun laws from any fault. Being human scum and hurting/insulting the families that lost kids in the process is apparently a non-factor.

Glix

How can someone post something like this woman did...

and then when some well deserved, light shade comes her way, reply with " Your ugliness knows no bounds"

How can someone be so blind to irony.

It makes me scared and sad for the world.

Top Bottom