• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Baio's wife (???) tells Sandy Hook mom her kids are in a better place

Isn't that "better place" comment pretty normal fire religious types? I hear it pretty often from religious people who are consoling others. I don't think that's offensive inofitself.

The rest is wonky as hell though

HeySeuss

At first I thought, well that's a common expression that religious people say as a means of comfort. Then I saw the context and was like...damn. Not like this...

5taquitos

What happened to his acting career? Never left the from the 80's/90's from the looks at it. And Sandy Hook deniers are some of the nastiest people I have ever seen. How would they like it if they lost children to a madman and people shouting it was all fake?
It's making his Arrested Development episodes really hard to watch.

Fuck these pieces of trash.

Alucrid

Banned
Isn't that "better place" comment pretty normal fire religious types? I hear it pretty often from religious people who are consoling others. I don't think that's offensive inofitself.

when it's used to spite the parents of a dead child it sure is offensive

Ithil

I feel like that's too innocent for them lol.

If you harass the parents I think you have darker thoughts.

I should mention that they also feel any attempts to pierce this fantasy bubble they regard as hostile actions and lash out at the person as though it is their fault.

It's the ultimate in self-centeredness.

The fact that there are people out there that believe a group of children weren't murdered by a gunman just because they hadn't heard of the school before is almost as horrible as the fact that we didn't immediately take a really hard look at gun laws the moment a bunch of schoolchildren were murdered.

TheContact

I wonder what goes through the head of these religious conservatives that are also pro-gun and do the opposite of what their own bible said they should do. They probably live in a state of constant mental conflict which makes them evil and bitter.

Joe rogan interviewed an ex west baptist (whatever that racist cult was) and she explained how she used to think this and how members think of it. Ultimately, they thought they were doing right by the people they attacked and God. Mental gymnastics is fucking crazy. Same shit here. This bitch is just cold tho

Yes. After Obama cried on national television and implored congress to take action on gun control, the NRA and conservatives began the "he wants to take away our guns" propaganda. The far right lunatics then used this to weave a 9-11 style conspiracy theory that Sandy Hook was staged and Obama was faking his outrage. Obama would later say that this moment was the lowest point of his presidency.

Has Trump ever been asked about Sandy Hook? I would assume he's very much in the lunatic conspiracy camp.

Wait, you mean trump hasn't been asked yet about sandy hook? I would bet my life that dude thinks it was a conspiracy. He had to have tweeted something about it. Gonna have to research.

Edit: holy shit, after rereading the exchange, my god she is a horrible horrible person. To pick a fight and say "your ugliness knows no bounds" is beyond gross. Wowwwwwww.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
the quote in the title is like the most innocuous thing she said. that's the stuff you would expect any random religious person say about anyone who dies (and it's disgusting). rest is way worse.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
the quote in the title is like the most innocuous thing she said. that's the stuff you would expect any random religious person say about anyone who dies (and it's disgusting). rest is way worse.

No that's the worst she is saying they are in a better place. Away from her. They are better of murdered than with their mother who's crime was questioning her arsehole husband.

That's how I took it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

"They're in a better place because they're not with their mom" is what her reply says.
Not the usual empty consolation.

Stuart444

No that's the worst she is saying they are in a better place. Away from her. They are better of murdered than with their mother who's crime was questioning her arsehole husband.

That's how I took it.

Pretty much

The headline is like "Okay then..."

then you read the actual context and it's like "What in the ever loving fuck?"

Seriously, that is just plain evil.

L Thammy

The thing is, the "better place" comment usually means that the deceased is in heaven, so there's no need to grieve. When it's followed with "Your ugliness knows no bounds! I’ll pray for you", it sounds like the better place being referred to isn't heaven, but away from their mother.

Top Bottom