• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally got to see this last night after waiting for my brother to finish the books.

The theater was surprisingly crowded. I guess since it's been chased out of most movie theaters already people who want to see it don't have many options.

Anywho... Loved it. Music was fantastic, especially Black Sheep by TCAD. Very funny too, everyone in the theater really enjoyed the "Bread makes you fat?!" line.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'll probably be able to import the BRD from the US before the movie hits theatres down here (that is, if it does).

Alucard

Banned
Fuck. I think I might be jumping on the "this is a perfect movie" bandwagon. I just can't get it out of my head and stop thinking about how tight, how stylish, how entertaining, how funny, how poignant, and how superb everything in it is. I've said it before in this thread and I'll say it again: Scott Pilgrim is a gorgeous work of pop art.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
SP is fucking amazing. It's not even close to being the perfect movie, though. That would be

Akim

Banned
Alucard said:
Fuck. I think I might be jumping on the "this is a perfect movie" bandwagon. I just can't get it out of my head and stop thinking about how tight, how stylish, how entertaining, how funny, how poignant, and how superb everything in it is. I've said it before in this thread and I'll say it again: Scott Pilgrim is a gorgeous work of pop art.

I don't know if I would say perfect, but I really want to go see it again. I loved it so much.

G-Fex

Alucard said:

SP Is my faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavorite. Damnit I'd mention it in every thread and post if I could. I'm obsessed with it as well.

Well this November Blu-ray release rumor certainly put me in a good mood. When I heard January a deep anger started brewing inside me. Not counting chickens before they hatch though, will wait for official word.

Altazor

The_Technomancer said:
Did anyone else (in graphic novels or the movie) understand where he was going with the Cleaning Lady quote right away?

yeah, I usually deal with terrible puns like that in an almost daily basis so I expected it :lol

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Well this November Blu-ray release rumor certainly put me in a good mood. When I heard January a deep anger started brewing inside me. Not counting chickens before they hatch though, will wait for official word.

That means that I'll buy the US bluray before the movie hit theater in my country.

Must... Not... Buy... the bluray...

Pctx

Banned
The movie, while genre bending does so with such *UMMPHHHH* that it makes wonder why so many people are quick to dismiss the movie?

From the opening with the 8-bit music, absolutely hooked and along for the ride. Will definitely buy this on BR and hope that the films (apparent) cult following will pay off.

Akim

Banned
Ok, I've decided that I want to make love to this movie. I can't stop thinking about it for some reason. The soundtrack is sooo good too.

Beaulieu

A friend of mine just brought me that from PAX, making her my best friend ever.

C3868.jpg

Its the same print, but larger, the legs of scott arrives flush with the bottom of the shirt. Its also more to the left.

Akim said:
Ok, I've decided that I want to make love to this movie. I can't stop thinking about it for some reason. The soundtrack is sooo good too.
That means you're definitely in lesbians with this movie.

MattyH

well i finally saw it this afternoon and i loved it
it really is a film for the geeks my gf who is also a geek picked up a lot of the refernces zelda music etc and i cant wait for the bluray

maharg

idspispopd
Beaulieu said:
A friend of mine just brought me that from PAX, making her my best friend ever.

Its the same print, but larger, the legs of scott arrives flush with the bottom of the shirt. Its also more to the left.

Dude. I want one of these.

G-Fex

I want a Scott Pilgrim shirt but I've only seen the red one that looks like the poster at Hot Topic but it was too small for me.

Just back from seeing it for a second time, really enjoyed it. The fight scenes (twins aside) were brilliant. Though the music could have been better - I assumed that's kind of the point but whatever.

Really hope this crawls to profitability on DVD & bluray, really don't want wright's stock to tank, the man is amazing when he's on form.

TimeKillr

I'm buying it on Blu-Ray day one.

Also buying a copy of the movie, in blu-ray, to everyone I know who has a blu-ray player for xmas. If you don't have one, it's a DVD for you.

Saw it three times now. Always come out amazed at how good it is :)

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, for me, cemented Edgar Wright's place as one of my favorite filmmakers of all time. He hasn't done anything I haven't loved to death. And that's including his music videos and Pizza Hut commercial. :lol

And here's the shirt I have.

2uV5M.jpg

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
During the Matthew Patel fight,
Are Crash and the boys killed, cos i saw it again yesterday and 3 people off stage are turned to skeletons.

eggybob said:
Are Crash and the boys killed, cos i saw it again yesterday and 3 people off stage are turned to skeletons.

Don't know about the drummer, but yeah, the two front guys are. :D

eggybob said:
pretty sure, and that's the only reason
they won the battle

eggybob said:
This was hilarious. I saw the movie with a bunch of friends and not everyone caught that.
Yep, they're goners. The males at least. Infanticide is not cool.

discohiro

Gideon is wearing it under his jacket during the Battle of the Amps and Edgar Wright has been seen sporting it during interviews and junkets.

Capture-1.jpg

Jazzem

Saw this for the second time :D

Glad I did. This time I wasn't bring up comic comparisons in my head and was just treating the film as its own thing, which is probably the best way to go about it. Glad I got another cinema viewing of it, as visually and aurally it's great for the big screen. Unfortunately the sound wasn't that loud at the Odeon I went to :/...an oddball complaint, but on my first viewing at Vue the title music blurted out to such a satisfyingly ludicrous volume!

Next viewing will be on DVD. For now, I must get the soundtrack(s)!

aparisi2274

I really hope the blu-ray is like some 3hr mega directors cut with a crapload of deleted scenes integrated back into the movie.

I hope this, not because I thought the movie was bad, but just the opposite. I loved it so much, I didn't want it to end. Hopefully the DVD will add some SP/Nat backstory or some other stuff...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
aparisi2274 said:
I really hope the blu-ray is like some 3hr mega directors cut with a crapload of deleted scenes integrated back into the movie.

I hope this, not because I thought the movie was bad, but just the opposite. I loved it so much, I didn't want it to end. Hopefully the DVD will add some SP/Nat backstory or some other stuff...
There was only about 15 min of deleted scenes from what Wright has said.

Fireye

aparisi2274 said:

I could see them putting on the Adult Swim thing that was made (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqmimK80duA), and a bunch of commentary awesomeness. At least two commentary tracks, one for the cast+director, one for cinematography/special effects co-ordinator/etc.

That, would make me happy. I'm SO CLOSE to being happy, since it comes out the day before my birthday.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Firestorm said:
I must have been the only one who thought "Fuck yeah, CBC shirt" when I saw him wearing it :(
Your not alone. When I saw it first in the comics I was like "Fuck yeah, Peter Mansbridge."

discohiro said:
Speaking of shirts, found a person on Etsy selling screen printed Gideon Gordon Graves viral marketing t-shirts!

il_430xN.170667163.jpg

http://www.etsy.com/listing/55187822/ggg-viral-marketing-screenprinted-tee

I requested a custom print on a black tee with white ink.
Words cannot describe the amount of want I have right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom