• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

discohiro

Well, the Gideon logo shirt came in today.
HNI_0017.jpg

I apologize for the crappy cell phone pic.

The actual screen printing is not as heavy compared to how it looks in the photo, but it's what I expected from a handmade shirt. The quality of the shirt is really good, though. Actually, it's much better than most t-shirts I've bought from retail.

discohiro said:
Well, the Gideon logo shirt came in today.
HNI_0017.jpg

I apologize for the crappy cell phone pic.

The actual screen printing is not as heavy compared to how it looks in the photo, but it's what I expected from a handmade shirt. The quality of the shirt is really good, though. Actually, it's much better than most t-shirts I've bought from retail.

Nice shirt. Where and how much? And your avatar is awesome.

discohiro

brotkasten said:
Nice shirt. Where and how much? And your avatar is awesome.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/55911604/ggg-viral-marketing-screenprinted-tee
It came to $22 before shipping. Normally it's 19.99 for a white t-shirt with black printing, but I had to pay a bit extra to get a custom print.

Jazzem said:
Anyone else wanting a Sex Bob Omb logo shirt? <_<
http://www.bustedtees.com/sexbobomb

The link I posted for the Gideon shirt also has a Sex Bob-Omb logo shirt available.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
AgentWhiskersX said:
Yeah the $60 mil covered production costs. It's at $41M worldwide at the moment. When all is said and done, it should make back the $60M it cost to make the film.

That's not how box office revenues work.

O'Malley also posted on his Twitter that there's a boxed set coming, with the box art by the guy who did the video game sprites and a new mini poster drawn by BLOM.

Ashhong

WordAssassin said:
O'Malley also posted on his Twitter that there's a boxed set coming, with the box art by the guy who did the video game sprites and a new mini poster drawn by BLOM.

fucking shit. i was told by many people in various SP threads that such a thing had very little chance of happening and bit on a few books. ughhhh

ezekial45 said:
I was weary of using that but I've seen it all over the net so I just did it. BLOM is the stupid short-form of Bryan Lee O'Malley. I was typing on my iPad while on the toilet raining hellfire from my ass due to food poisoning and just didn't want to type his full name.

Here's the exact tweet:
Bryan Lee O'Malley's Twitter said:
Scott Pilgrim v1-6 box set coming in Nov. New Paul Robertson art on the box, new poster folded inside (working on it now!)

Forgot it's due out in November! Know what I'm asking for for my birthday :D

big ander

WordAssassin said:
I was weary of using that but I've seen it all over the net so I just did it. BLOM is the stupid short-form of Bryan Lee O'Malley. I was typing on my iPad while on the toilet raining hellfire from my ass due to food poisoning and just didn't want to type his full name.

Here's the exact tweet:

Another useful short-form: TMFI

big ander said:
Another useful short-form: TMFI
I was hoping someone would say this :lol

And yes, the DVD/Blu-Ray is rumored for November 9th, I think, it would be completely epic if they came out at the same time.

That'd be the most insane collecter's set ever. All 6 books, a special box, a poster, and the DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack. Sweet. Throw in a SP shirt or something, that'd be amazing.

Firestorm

WordAssassin said:
That'd be the most insane collecter's set ever. All 6 books, a special box, a poster, and the DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack. Sweet. Throw in a SP shirt or something, that'd be amazing.
I'd buy that =) Speaking of shirts, I wonder where I can get that CBC shirt he was wearing.

big ander

WordAssassin said:
I was hoping someone would say this :lol

And yes, the DVD/Blu-Ray is rumored for November 9th, I think, it would be completely epic if they came out at the same time.

Oh wow. I already have all 6 books but I don't think I could resist that.

Akim

Banned
This was already announced, I was just adding details. I think November 10 is the date, but who knows.

I think we're doing box + 6 books + poster OR empty box + poster.

I will also tell you right now there will be some kind of SPECIAL EDITION of the books in 2011, but I don't know what form it will take. There will also be a "bonus" book with all the extra material and a ton of other stuff, which I haven't even begun to think about. At this point I would probably estimate that stuff will be out holiday 2011. But they might want to do it for san diego. We'll see. So anyway. Don't double dip any more than you need to.

-blom

MNC

WordAssassin said:

Here's the exact tweet:

WordAssassin
BLOMming from his ass

Bleepey

Although Scott Pilgrim did not set the box office alight, it will probably make bank when it comes to merchandise and DVD sales.

ezekial45

Banned
Some early details on of the DVD/Blu-ray features?

5 minutes and 45 seconds of TV spots

A 1 minute and 24 second international trailer

An audio commentary with Michael Cera, Jason Schwartzman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ellen Wong, and Brandon Routh

Another with Anna Kendrick,* Aubrey Plaza, Kieran Culkin, and Mark Webber

20 minutes and 11 seconds of “Additional material Bonus X 2 3 Trailers” – is that twenty three trailers?

The “main” trailer and teaser

The Osymiso remix clips, totalling a run time of 9 minutes and 13 seconds

if there's no Wright commentary I'll be incredibly pissed. The Hott Fuzz commentaries were fucking incredible. WRIGHT AND TARANTINO

I demand a Wright + Tarantino or Wright + Pegg commentary.

Although I'm set with a Cera commentary–every commentary I've listened to that he's been in has been hysterical.

DeathbyVolcano said:
Although I'm set with a Cera commentary–every commentary I've listened to that he's been in has been hysterical.

Schwartzman and Routh were really funny during the ComicCon panel too (watched it on youtube) so that track should be great.

big ander

ThirstyFly said:
Schwartzman and Routh were really funny during the ComicCon panel too (watched it on youtube) so that track should be great.
I don't doubt that track would be hilarious, but with Wright thrown in it would be spectacular.
Rahk said:
I have the comics on my iPhone, but I'll totally double dip for the box set.
Why?

Rahk

big ander said:
I don't doubt that track would be hilarious, but with Wright thrown in it would be spectacular.

Why?
Bought them so I could have them instantly and be able to read them on the train or wherever I go without needing to carry them. I find the iPhone a pretty good platform for reading comics.

Director commentary aside I think they have too many people in the room for those two commentaries they listed. It seems that once you get past three people it gets worse not better.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Those commentaries sound great, but I really hope there's a Wright/Bacall/BLOM track on there too. If not this would be the first of Wright's DVDs without his dulcet tones...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Official home release contents:
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK:

* INSIDER DOCUMENTARIES:

o Making of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
o Music Featurette
o You Too Can Be Sex Bob-Omb

* ALTERNATE FOOTAGE: A special look at alternative edits to the film.
* PRE-PRODUCTION: A look inside the film’s pre-production process including storyboards, pre-visualizations, animatics, motion capture tests, rehearsal footage, casting tapes, hair/make-up tests and more!
* THE MUSIC OF SCOTT PILGIRM VS. THE WORLD: This feature includes four complete music videos and video remixes from legendary DJ Osymyso.
* VISUAL EFFECTS: This feature takes a second look at the movie’s inventive visual effects.
* SOUND WORK: A mini documentary about the creation of the film’s super-powered sonic landscape.
* TRAILERS & TV SPOTS from the theatrical release of the film
* ADULT SWIM™: Scott Pilgrim vs. The Animation
* SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE CENSORS: TV safe version
* BEHIND-THE-SCENES PRODUCTION BLOGS from the set of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World by director /producer/ co-writer Edgar Wright.
* FREE BONUS MOVIE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY: Blu-ray Combo Pack consumers will have instant access to stream action hits Tremors or Pitch Black via BD-Live, Smartphone or computer.
* U-CONTROL: Universal’s exclusive signature feature allows viewers to delve into the making of the film with the click of the remote without ever leaving the movie.
o STORYBOARD PICTURE-IN-PICTURE
* pocket BLU™ app: USHE’s groundbreaking pocket BLU™ app uses iPhone®, iPod® touch, iPad™, Blackberry®, Nokia® Android™, PC and Macintosh to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray™ player and offers advanced features such as:

o Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
o Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the movie.
o Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there’s a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy exclusive content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
o virtual Keyboard: Enter data into a Blu-ray™ player with your device’s easy and intuitive keyboard that will facilitate such Blu-ray™ features as chatting with friends and sending messages.

* DIGITAL COPY OF THE FILM: Blu-ray™ consumers can download a digital version of the movie to their Mac® and or Windows® PC for a limited time only.
* BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to watch the latest trailers and more.
* MY SCENES: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the movie.
* and lots more!

BONUS FEATURES AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY™ AND DVD:

* DELETED AND ALTERNATE SCENES with commentary from director/producer/ co-writer Edgar Wright
* SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE BLOOPERS
* FEATURE COMMENTARIES:
o Feature Commentary with director/producer/co-writer Edgar Wright, co-writer Michael Bacall and Author Bryan Lee O’Malley
o Technical Commentary with director/producer/co-writer Edgar Wright and director of photography Bill Pope
o Cast commentary with Michael Cera, Jason Schwartzman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ellen Wong and Brandon Routh
o Cast commentary with Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza, Kieran Culkin and Mark Webber
* BEHIND-THE-SCENES PHOTO GALLERIES including Edgar Wright’s photo blog
* TRIVIA TRACK
* GALLERIES: Production photos, art galleries and marketing concepts.

kagqbt.jpg

XiaNaphryz said:
Official home release contents:

kagqbt.jpg

high5.jpg

I guess they're trying to push the release for the holiday season so that, for most, it'll still be relevant and they can maximize their profit for the period of insane consumer spending.

Hope they'll make a bunch!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Awesome :D A 2 month wait is fine.

Does Combo pack indicate that the blu-ray version includes the DVD version as well? If so, tight. I have an HD and SD setup so they can both get SP love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom