• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
brotkasten said:
Yeah, I definitely love her attitude.
http://nymag.com/arts/theater/features/63639/index1.html

Does playing these often-dark roles affect her psyche? “I never feel it till it’s over. But when I was doing Inishmore, every time I got drunk, I’d turn Irish. I was like, ‘It doesn’t affect me at’all!’ ” she says, adopting a bright lilt. “ ‘What’re ya talkin’ about? Shut da fuck up!’ ” Then she lifts an imaginary pint and takes a swig.

MNC said:
When people say 'it's in his head' it sounds like the whole events of the movie were a dream of some sorts, or a retelling of events. I think better wording would be that he's biased about his own life story.

This also makes me wonder what really happened in the
(almost) sex scene
with Ramona....

XiaNaphryz said:
33nuav4.jpg

What movie is this?

Dead

well not really...yet
wtf? January?

The good thing about it bombing should be a faster blu-ray release, instead its longer? :(((((

XiaNaphryz

Dead said:
wtf? January?

The good thing about it bombing should be a faster blu-ray release, instead its longer? :(((((
As I mentioned earlier, it's not longer. It's heading to home release from the box office a half month faster than Toy Story 3.

I wouldn't worry about it being released after Christmas either, first week of Jan is close enough. It would make a good holiday gift card pickup in Jan as well.

Alucard

Banned
This movie will easily take on "classic" status in my DVD library. I get giddy just thinking about it and how incredibly well done the whole thing was.

Have there been better action scenes seen in a film this year? I can't really think of any film that comes close. Scott Pilgrim is like a roundhouse kick to a geek's pleasure centres.

FINALY saw it (terrible terrible russian screen with badly synced canadian french voiceover.

I loved it. So much. So hard. It was all kind of awesome. Great great lines, great charaters: everyone (up to young Neil) feels lovable and adorable.

Ramona ? No way. I'm all over Kim (and Envy during her stage performance)

Alucard said:
I really love this poster.
scott-pilgrim-international-poster_328x481.jpg

I would not be opposed to it hanging on a wall somewhere in the future.

I'm hoping that will be the DVD/Blu-Ray box art. It would be really nice if they included a reversible cover with the comic illustrations on the other side.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
ezekial45 said:
Where are you guys hearing January from?
Rumors/recent listings at retailers. I mean, it makes a lot of sense. Some theaters won't get the movie until after it hits retail stores. That's just sad.

MNC

UnluckyKate said:
I loved it. So much. So hard. It was all kind of awesome. Great great lines, great charaters: everyone (up to young Neil) feels lovable and adorable.

What about Knives :D

UnluckyKate said:
FINALY saw it (terrible terrible russian screen with badly synced canadian french voiceover.

Boothisman.gif

Alucard

Banned
So, any chance of this movie being up for any visual awards at the Oscars, or should we just all start laughing and crying now?

MNC

Seriously, there's no source for january right? I think the guy who first said it meant the cinema release in the rest of europe :lol I hope so :(

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
January 4, 2011 seems to be the date appearing at some retailers. At least we know that's the worst case scenario. Personally, I'm not holding out hope that it'll arrive sooner.

MNC said:
Oh hey Lucas Lee looks like Nic cage :lol

Nic cage is Lucas Lee!

Oh, and I forgot the Nega Scott version of that poster

Scott-Pilgrim---Variant.jpg

e: So the posters are limited and I could punch me in the face for not getting it.

Also, both posters are 24x36. The standard costs $45 and is limited to 415 prints. The variant costs $80 and is limited to 140 prints.

LonelyIsland said:
Boothisman.gif

Boo me if you want. I bought the comics and I will buy the following volumes as they get release in my country. And be sure that I'll go see the movie in theater by the end of november for two reasons:

- Original Version (plus theater quality to enjoy everybits of dialogue and visual detail)
- The movie is awesome and it deserves to be seen again. Many times. I'm so getting my friend to see this one.

MNC

french version is end of november?!?! :O

That's nothing compared to january :(

Anyway torrents always result in a ban so just edit your post

Ashhong

UnluckyKate said:
Boo me if you want. I bought the comics and I will buy the following volumes as they get release in my country. And be sure that I'll go see the movie in theater by the end of november for two reasons:

- Original Version (plus theater quality to enjoy everybits of dialogue and visual detail)
- The movie is awesome and it deserves to be seen again. Many times. I'm so getting my friend to see this one.

I'm not against torrents, but I would edit that out if you dont want a 1 month ban.

UnluckyKate said:

I'm sure Edgar Wright wouldn't mind.

Oh wait ...

3997567556_248a8bdcfd_b.jpg

brotkasten said:
I'm sure Edgar Wright wouldn't mind.

Oh wait ...

3997567556_248a8bdcfd_b.jpg

Like I said, Edgar Wright will get my money. It's just a matter of time. Don't blame me. Blame the production house/the guy who decide the release the movie 4 month later in my country. I haven't seen this happened with a big production since half a decade. Time used to be, when a movie was coming in the US, it was hitting France 4 to 6 month later. But because of internet and spoilers then piracy, Matrix Reloaded invented something beautifull: Worldwide release.

I guess the production didn't want two Cera movie at once on screen: Youth in Revolt (renamed Be Bad here) just came out.

Very much a drop in the water, but Scott Pilgrim came out here in Ireland last week and got No.1 in the box off with €161k, just 1k more than the Expendables (which was in it's second week).
Man, I don't want to wait until January to see it again..

Mr. Sam

UnluckyKate said:
Like I said, Edgar Wright will get my money. It's just a matter of time. Don't blame me. Blame the production house/the guy who decide the release the movie 4 month later in my country. I haven't seen this happened with a big production since half a decade. Time used to be, when a movie was coming in the US, it was hitting France 4 to 6 month later. But because of internet and spoilers then piracy, Matrix Reloaded invented something beautifull: Worldwide release.

I've got to get a goddamn train to see this movie. That's unheard of. I'm still going, yeah, but it's a bit of a chore.

Mr. Sam said:
I've got to get a goddamn train to see this movie. That's unheard of. I'm still going, yeah, but it's a bit of a chore.

I took a train to see Inception. So freakin' worth it (the theater was the best thing I've ever seen too)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
GuitarAtomik said:
Don't know if anyone's interested but I just put up my submission for the Ramona's 8th Evil Ex contest over on Deviantart. I realize how fanfic that sounds but whatever, the prizes are good. He started looking like Steve Jobs and has bionic arms thus: STEVE SPENCER.
I'm looking through the other submissions and honestly dude? You have probably one of the best ones there. The technical level of some of the other art might be higher, but your concept and artistic direction are like....the best I've seen.

The_Technomancer said:
I'm looking through the other submissions and honestly dude? You have probably one of the best ones there. The technical level of some of the other art might be higher, but your concept and artistic direction are like....the best I've seen.

Thanks!! I've been Scott Pilgrim crazy the last few weeks and I needed an outlet haha. The cool thing is O'Malley gets final say on the winner which is part of the reason I entered
the other part is money. I need it.

Dougald

Saw this yesterday having never read any of the comics, just going by word of mouth. Going to re-iterate the general mood of this thread by saying the film was great. It never took itself too seriously and that just adds to the charm, in my opinion. I'm thinking of picking up the books, is it worth it? Presumably the film cuts a fair bit of content, but from what I'm reading it still stuck fairly close the the source material?

Also, for anyone living in a country with Spotify access, the soundtrack is available to stream there :D

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
It took me an hour to see it. On a screen barely bigger than my telly. With a bunch of obnoxious teenagers. I'm glad it was awesome, or I'd have gone ape shit.

XiaNaphryz

AgentWhiskersX said:
So the Inception Blu-ray is scheduled for early December. I'm guessing the January rumor is legit. =/
4.5 months after box office is still pretty damn fast. Especially when they were still working on extra material just a few weeks ago. Quit complaining.

Rahk

Dougald said:
Saw this yesterday having never read any of the comics, just going by word of mouth. Going to re-iterate the general mood of this thread by saying the film was great. It never took itself too seriously and that just adds to the charm, in my opinion. I'm thinking of picking up the books, is it worth it? Presumably the film cuts a fair bit of content, but from what I'm reading it still stuck fairly close the the source material?

Also, for anyone living in a country with Spotify access, the soundtrack is available to stream there :D
Definitely read the books. You won't be disappointed if you liked the movie.

Nelo Ice

Banned
finally saw this a 2nd time and it was even better than the 1st!
went with my friends who havent seen it before and they loved it even though most of them thought it would be stupid thanks to the trailers

alo theater i was in had a bigger audience than my 1st viewing and everyone was laughing throughout and at the end people were even clapping! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom