• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
Sipowicz said:
i thought this film was quite shit, although i'm someone who isn't familiar with the comics

the effects were good but everyone in the cast was a hipster twat including michael cera playing a hipster twat version of george michael

as for the rest it was like watching someone play a single player game of street fighter 2
Ok?

What exatly made it so hipster?

Sipowicz said:
i thought this film was quite shit, although i'm someone who isn't familiar with the comics

the effects were good but everyone in the cast was a hipster twat including michael cera playing a hipster twat version of george michael

as for the rest it was like watching someone play a single player game of street fighter 2
i need that version of sf2

Sipowicz said:

hipster.

ultron87 said:
If anyone for some reason doesn't own them yet, the graphic novels are all less than five bucks each on Amazon right now.
Yeah, it was mentioned a bit earlier. I've been spreading the word amongst my friends!

Bit-Bit

Sipowicz said:

They mostly wear jeans and a tshirt. I don't think you know what a hipster is.

Mrcapcom

I looked and I couldnt find it but can anyone post a pic of knives when she had the O face on lol her face looked like this :-O

pakkit

Banned
Sipowicz said:

2/10

Bryan was just talking about the sets on Twitter again. November 23rd release date, versions with and without the books so you can get the box and poster if you already own the series, and he's thinking about doing hardcover releases next year (!!!!!!) if he's not feeling too lazy, and possibly an art/everything else book.

Sipowicz said:

It's OK, Sipowicz - EA didn't have anything to do with this film...

Pctx

Banned
Sipowicz said:

scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-7-6-10-kc.jpg

'Sup? How's life? This post seems nice.

Dead

well not really...yet
butter_stick said:
What if I don't live in 2005 and don't need a DVD copy? There's gonna be a solo Blu Ray only version, right?
No

Its not like the price would be any different if there wasn't one included.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
smh, the DVD will really be released before the movie airs here. They might as well not even bother anymore.

So what's the quality of these digital copies? Are they in HD? Or are they in 480p? Never tested one before.

Vox-Pop said:
too bad it's not called red-ray. hahah, I'm so funny. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

DVD is red-ray. :p

BocoDragon said:
I think it's awesome that we get a DVD copy. I love the idea of watching it nearly anywhwere... And any self respecting oldschool gamer keeps an SDTV kicking around for old consoles anyway.

It isn't 2008 anymore.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I think it's awesome that we get a DVD copy. I love the idea of watching it nearly anywhwere... And any self respecting oldschool gamer keeps an SDTV kicking around for old consoles anyway.

taku

So I saw this film yesterday (I've read the comic). I was very surprised about the quality of this and thoroughly enjoyed the ride.
Some actors were a bit off as well as some other stuff and they skipped a whole lot from the comic, also, the last 30 minutes or so were god damn awful and disappointing. Other than that, it was immensely better than I expected!

Why are people complaining about the BD combo with dvd? Just keep it in the box. I don't get why it's such a big deal. Or, just pretend it's a special edition blu-ray with digital copy and Frisbee.

Foob

these combo packs are great for getting my girlfriend (doesn't own a blu-ray player) off my damn back anytime I buy a movie we both want

big ander

AgentWhiskersX said:
Anyone read this? It's a pretty in-depth analysis/comparison on shooting dialogue and the cuts and transitions that make or break a scene between Edgar Wright's 'Pilgrim' and Christopher Nolan's 'Inception'. The amount of shots Wright films is mind-boggling.

Scott Pilgrim vs. Inception for the Future of Cinematic Imagination

Dude really hated Inception. :lol
Guy hates Inception a lot, but he makes some good points. I did like this better.

Dead

well not really...yet
AgentWhiskersX said:
Anyone read this? It's a pretty in-depth analysis/comparison on shooting dialogue and the cuts and transitions that make or break a scene between Edgar Wright's 'Pilgrim' and Christopher Nolan's 'Inception'. The amount of shots Wright films is mind-boggling.

Scott Pilgrim vs. Inception for the Future of Cinematic Imagination

Dude really hated Inception. :lol
Well, Scott Pilgrim IS better than Inception, he's got that part right. :D

Same dude totally destroyed Inception in an other post as well - http://bigother.com/2010/08/08/seventeen-ways-of-criticizing-inception/ - whether you agree or not is a different matter

I saw the first showing of this movie at my local and only dollar theater.

How does the profit split work with discount theaters? Just how little of my money did universal get?

big ander

Gamer @ Heart said:

How does the profit split work with discount theaters? Just how little of my money did universal get?
You actually pulled them out of the deficit, thanks for seeing it. Now they're going to make the sequel. :p

jax (old)

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:

stills_idle.gif

SP avatar
budget showing

I'm gonna guess you're part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom