• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

BocoDragon said:
Awesome :D A 2 month wait is fine.

Does Combo pack indicate that the blu-ray version includes the DVD version as well? If so, tight. I have an HD and SD setup so they can both get SP love.
That's how Disney does it so I assume so. Hopefully they have a BR case one.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Firestorm said:
That's how Disney does it so I assume so. Hopefully they have a BR case one.
Cool! :D

Surely it will have a regular blu-ray case. That art has no blu-ray imagery anywhere so it's certainly the "just DVD" edition.

NR1

BocoDragon said:
Awesome :D A 2 month wait is fine.

Does Combo pack indicate that the blu-ray version includes the DVD version as well? If so, tight. I have an HD and SD setup so they can both get SP love.

It looks like its a Blu-ray/ Digital Copy combo... I wonder if Best Buy or Target will have an exclusive 3-disc Combo Pack that also includes a DVD copy as well, ala Date Night (Target) and Hot Tube Time Machine (Best Buy).

Either way, Day one +1!!!!!
:D

Anyone want to split the cost?

2gwx6rr.png

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZW1ENW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

corn_fest

The Blu-ray combo pack includes the DVD as well according to the press release on Facebook.
Good for me, as I didn't want to hook up a Blu-ray player to the sound sytem on our SDTV. :D

way more

* SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE CENSORS: TV safe version

I'm drawing a blank as to what they would possibly have to censor. I mean, the curse words are already bleeped out.

And you guys with the unreliable narrator theory are too much.

I have to say that is some damn nice boxart right there. I never did like the movie poster.

I'm giving this movie to everyone on my Christmas list this year.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
mac said:

I'm drawing a blank as to what they would possibly have to censor. I mean, the curse words are already bleeped out.
There's a few words that weren't.

I'm sure they'll do something overzealous and silly with the censoring.

brotkasten said:
Yeah ... ... buying the BD pack at Amazon.com!

Yeah... That will let us enjoy the movie a month before official theatrical release is Europe. Crazy :lol

Is there any basic edition ? I just want the movie in Bluray, I don't care about DVD/Bonus, anything.

UnluckyKate said:
Yeah... That will let us enjoy the movie a month before official theatrical release is Europe. Crazy :lol

Is there any basic edition ? I just want the movie in Bluray, I don't care about DVD/Bonus, anything.

I don't care about the DVD/Bonus either but i will buy it to support Wright =]

If i preorder right now i won't get charged until it ships, right?

Oni Jazar

Stoked about the release date and features. I'm bummed that the Maximum Movie Mode Commentary rumor didn't turn out to be true though. I would've killed for that.

ezekial45

Banned
Oni Jazar said:
Stoked about the release date and features. I'm bummed that the Maximum Movie Mode Commentary rumor didn't turn out to be true though. I would've killed for that.
I thought that the MMM was exclusive to WB releases.

Dead

well not really...yet
Oni Jazar said:
Maximum Movie Mode is a WB thing.

G-Fex

XiaNaphryz said:
Official home release contents:

kagqbt.jpg

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

big ander

Hell fucking yes.
o Feature Commentary with director/producer/co-writer Edgar Wright, co-writer Michael Bacall and Author Bryan Lee O’Malley
o Technical Commentary with director/producer/co-writer Edgar Wright and director of photography Bill Pope
o Cast commentary with Michael Cera, Jason Schwartzman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ellen Wong and Brandon Routh
o Cast commentary with Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza, Kieran Culkin and Mark Webber
So awesome. I will be watching this at least 5 times on DVD in the first week.

Askia47

mac said:

It would be awesome to have it 100% uncensored, but i doubt it.

PBalfredo

So many features and that box art is hot! You better believe this blu-ray is going to rock ultimate!

Askia47 said:
It would be awesome to have it 100% uncensored, but i doubt it.
???

The only thing that was particularly censored in the movie was Julie's swearing, and uncensoring that will kill the "How are you doing that thing with your mouth?" joke.

Good release date, good features.
This is actually just playing now at my campus theater. Kind of a shame; when I went the other night to see "I'm still here (seriously watch this movie" I was walking past the Scott Pilgrim theater. I hear "let's start with Launchpad McQuack" so I now it's just starting and I looked in the theater. It was nearly full : ( and I wanted to see it with a full theater (saw it twice but nearly empty both time) but I decided to stick with the movie I paid for. Good decision though, I'm still here was great.
That's a ton of features and I'm sure I'll pick my way through all of it.

edit: about Julie's swearing: if you pay attention, you know some of those bleep wouldn't even work with swears. IT's better the way it is.

Askia47

PBalfredo said:
So many features and that box art is hot! You better believe this blu-ray is going to rock ultimate!

???

The only thing that was particularly censored in the movie was Julie's swearing, and uncensoring that will kill the "How are you doing that thing with your mouth?" joke.

Thats what i figured, since its part if the movie. Thats still fine tho.

Gamer @ Heart said:
OH JESUS CHRIST OH JESUS CHRIST

4 COMMENTARIES??????

JJJJJJJJJJJJJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

To be honest the only commentary that seems worth listening to would be the one with Edgar Wright and O'Malley.

Discotheque said:
To be honest the only commentary that seems worth listening to would be the one with Edgar Wright and O'Malley.

Maybe for you. I fucking love pointless commentaries–they're mostly hilarious, especially with some of the people in this cast. Have you ever listened to any of the Apatow movie commentaries? They're hysterical, especially Superbad and Knocked Up.

Yeah Apatow commentaries are great. But I don't really see any of these kids being close to as entertaining though.

Oh and did you see the video where Edgar Wright straight up trolled Jonah Hill in an interview? Man that was hilarious. He kept a straight face the whole time too.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Discotheque said:
That's only because Alison Pill's not on any of them ;P

Whatever her taste in entertainment, don’t expect to see Pill in a procedural anytime soon. “In Treatment was different, but in general, I won’t do TV,” she says, preferring projects that allow her to work closely with a director and dig into the emotional life of a character. She made an exception for this summer’s Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, a big-screen adaption of the cult graphic novel starring Michael Cera. “I was like, ‘I’m tired of doing big hard things, and I would like to do a big easy thing,’ ” she says. “Plus, I got to learn to play the drums.”

Does playing these often-dark roles affect her psyche? “I never feel it till it’s over. But when I was doing Inishmore, every time I got drunk, I’d turn Irish. I was like, ‘It doesn’t affect me at’all!’ ” she says, adopting a bright lilt. “ ‘What’re ya talkin’ about? Shut da fuck up!’ ” Then she lifts an imaginary pint and takes a swig.
I was hoping for a Sex Bob-omb commentary track with just the band + Young Neil. :(

big ander

XiaNaphryz said:
That's only because Alison Pill's not on any of them ;P

I was hoping for a Sex Bob-omb commentary track with just the band + Young Neil. :(
wait fuck I didn't notice she wasn't on one FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKING ASS

mac said:
I don't know how you can really call it a theory, when not only the writer/director of the movie but the creator of the comic himself have said that's the case.

Also, that Blu-Ray is SO fucking bought, oh my GOD.

MNC

UnluckyKate said:
I guess we all know what to do then...
True. Can someone explain how BluRay Disc regioning works? I'm from the Netherlands; which versions can I import? Just the UK one?

Jintor said:
My question is, is this the movie that will make me switch to Blu Ray for
I switched to blu Ray recently and wow, the difference is huge! I suggest you buy a blu Ray player and speed racer (10 bucks) so you can notice how beautiful it looks.

And even if you don't have the blu Ray player, buy the set that includes the blu Ray and DVD version of the movie =p

Sipowicz

Banned
i thought this film was quite shit, although i'm someone who isn't familiar with the comics

the effects were good but everyone in the cast was a hipster twat including michael cera playing a hipster twat version of george michael

as for the rest it was like watching someone play a single player game of street fighter 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom