• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DanielPlainview said:
yeah, this is going to take forever. 37,500 left.

What if it dies at like 70,000? :lol :lol I kind of want that to happen just to see how they spin it.

I know a few people who are at work and can't access FB so when people start getting home I'm sure we'll start to see the number rise a lot faster.

Just over 63,000. It's slowed down quite a bit. If it doesn't reach 70,000 at least, I doubt they'll release the movie.

I think I might send this in to aintitcool or something to get more hits.

wwm0nkey

DoctorWho said:
Just over 63,000. It's slowed down quite a bit. If it doesn't reach 70,000 at least, I doubt they'll release the movie.

its almost at 6,400 already. I think we will see it sometime next week.

DoctorWho said:

Well it will be attached to Get Him To The Greek no matter what and released then.

Salsa

DanielPlainview said:
Don't think they will post it. Dave told me "I think they will be okay without us." He said Peter may post.

Damn. I dont think we`ll get it for a couple of days :(

Ashhong

whoops didnt see that. just saw it on his twitter though. i wonder then if this is more of a trailer than the previous teaser?

Vox-Pop said:
I hope that happens just so they could see it was a stupid viral move.

We wouldn't be seeing the trailer until next Wed/Thurs at the earliest, so this is kind of nice. I guess I'll be the first blogger to write up a post, hopefully it will generate some buzz.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Kind if annoyed that they're doing it this way...

...just release it!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
bistromathics said:
i'll go ahead and assume edgar wright is far removed from this marketing ploy so i can keep on liking him.
Brian Lee O'Malley retweeted Edgar Wright's tweet about it is how I first learned about it. :(

Baconmonk

bistromathics said:
i'll go ahead and assume edgar wright is far removed from this marketing ploy so i can keep on liking him.
Why? The graphic novel isn't exactly the most well known (outside of some geek/Internet circles) and could use all the hype it can get imo. Movie looks awesome, and the more money it makes (and Wright ends up getting) means all the better for fans of his work.

I did my duty at least, liked it and told my friends to do the same, should get another 10-20 out of that. Here's hoping we hit 100k sometime tonight and I get to wake up to a new trailer :D

bistromathics said:

I don't think so. He was announcing it on Twitter and playing it around with us.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
DanielPlainview said:
I don't think so. He was announcing it on Twitter and playing it around with us.
well what else is he gonna say?

Baconmonk said:
Why? The graphic novel isn't exactly the most well known (outside of some geek/Internet circles) and could use all the hype it can get imo. Movie looks awesome, and the more money it makes (and Wright ends up getting) means all the better for fans of his work.

I did my duty at least, liked it and told my friends to do the same, should get another 10-20 out of that. Here's hoping we hit 100k sometime tonight and I get to wake up to a new trailer :D
b/c doing it this way makes me feel dirty. i hype the film to my friends for real. that is genuine viral marketing. trying to force people to spread it through telling all their hundreds of internet friends to 'like it' on facebook just don't feel right to me.

Baconmonk

bistromathics said:
well what else is he gonna say?

b/c doing it this way makes me feel dirty. i hype the film to my friends for real. that is genuine viral marketing. trying to force people to spread it through telling all their hundreds of internet friends to 'like it' on facebook just don't feel right to me.
I totally get your perspective, but like it or not the Internet is the new word of mouth, and stuff like this will happen. If it wasn't for this very thread I wouldn't have picked up the books, and I'm pretty sure none of my facebook friends browse GAF. Might not be as "legit" but promoting on social netwoking sites is just smart business anymore.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
You guys obsessing over seeing a new trailer...

You're all already planning to see it yes? Why freak out over seeing more of the movie early when it's just going to spoil stuff on the day of?

Wierdos.

Ashhong

Sinatar said:
You guys obsessing over seeing a new trailer...

You're all already planning to see it yes? Why freak out over seeing more of the movie early when it's just going to spoil stuff on the day of?

Wierdos.

i dont know if youre serious...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Ashhong said:
i dont know if youre serious...

Yea I'm serious. I saw the first trailer, decided I wanted to watch it and won't watch any more footage of it. I do this for all movies, games, tv, whatever.

Seems wierd to me is all. I guess if you're on the fence about the movie, the go wild.

Ashhong

Sinatar said:
Yea I'm serious. I saw the first trailer, decided I wanted to watch it and won't watch any more footage of it. I do this for all movies, games, tv, whatever.

Seems wierd to me is all. I guess if you're on the fence about the movie, the go wild.

well a very high percentage of the people in this thread have read the comics, which is 75% of the film, so we know what to expect. but regardless i am always excited to see new footage, i dont get spoiled that easily. the more trailers the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom