• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DanielPlainview said:
We still have 13k left. It hit a screeching halt today. Now I'll be surprised if we even get it in time for Get Him To The Greek. :lol

It would actually be hilarious if it never hit 100,000, but they had to release it anyway for marketing purposes. I say we all go in reverse and unlike!

Yeah, I think this has been a total failure and a bit of an embarrassment. Oh well, we will get the trailer soon enough but I hope marketers are discouraged from using this idea again.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
ezekial45 said:
So we might make it by Tuesday. They better live up to their end of the deal.
If by deal mean:
"We've reached 100k! We'll release the trailer as soon as possible! Next week!"-

Then yes..

wwm0nkey

Deadly Cyclone said:
Just bought the first 3 novels, can't wait to read them and see what the hype is about. :D
Damnit Deadly, I keep on forgetting you go to this site lol, also you will love them and immediately want to go out to buy the rest :lol

TimmiT

How about some new posters:
2hphysn.jpg
33c7jg7.jpg
evilex3.jpg
23mwj7.jpg
evilexes5and6.jpg
10rqzb5.jpg

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Man, Ramona dated a whole lotta asians, going by those posters.

Dabanton

AgentWhiskersX said:
Not at all. He's sort of dimwitted in an extremely lovable and entertaining way.

Someone very close to me has seen a lot of the movie as their company is doing some work on it and says that Cera is pretty awful in it.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Dabanton said:
Someone very close to me has seen a lot of the movie as their company is doing some work on it and says that Cera is pretty awful in it.
Most early impressions and reviews actually say otherwise. He looked good in the trailer.

derder

I refuse to read information about movies I know I'm going to see (including watching trailers), but I joined the group for you guys! :D

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Dabanton said:

That is the complete opposite of some of the impressions that have been posted in this thread already, lots have said he is great.

VariantX04

derder said:
I refuse to read information about movies I know I'm going to see (including watching trailers), but I joined the group for you guys! :D
Welcome aboard the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World hype train! FULL STEAM AHEAD, WALLACE.

Dabanton said:
I personally know three people that have seen and they have all said Cera is perfect the role.

Dabanton

Ashhong said:
has he read the comic?

No she hasn't.

That's why i thought it was interesting to see if he was as whiny in the comic series.

I'm fully expecting another Michael Cera playing Michael Cera performance luckily the supporting cast looks good.

VariantX04

Dabanton said:
No she hasn't.

That's why i thought it was interesting to see if he was as whiny in the comic series.

I'm fully expecting another Michael Cera playing Michael Cera performance luckily the supporting cast looks good.
If you're going into the movie expecting a disappointing lead character, you'll leave disappointed. Just pay no mind at all and walk into it without any expectations.

Future

Just saw the first trailer for this and it looked godawful. Almost everyone in the theater reacted the same. I guess the source material is the reason for the excitement in this thread?

VariantX04

Future said:
Just saw the first trailer for this and it looked godawful. Almost everyone in the theater reacted the same. I guess the source material is the reason for the excitement in this thread?
Really? Guess it's just not your cup of tea. All my friends who haven't read the books were interested in the premise after watching the trailer. They all went on to purchase and read the books.

Future

AgentWhiskersX said:
Really? Guess it's just not your cup of tea. All my friends who haven't read the books were interested in the premise after watching the trailer. They all went on to purchase and read the books.
Looked super cheesy with campy dialogue and wasn't interested in seeing Micheal cera as micheal cera yet again. But from this thread it seems like it has some cool source material so I'll keep my eye on it. But from the trailer alone, yeah I could hear the "WTF"s from the audience, heh

VariantX04

Future said:
Looked super cheesy with campy dialogue and wasn't interested in seeing Micheal cera as micheal cera yet again. But from this thread it seems like it has some cool source material so I'll keep my eye on it. But from the trailer alone, yeah I could hear the "WTF"s from the audience, heh
Have you considered reading the books? Check out the first volume and see if you get a kick out of it. It may immediately sway your initial impressions.

hXc_thugg

Future said:

Whoooooosh.

Ashhong

god everytime i see someone say "michael cera playing michael cera" i want to punch a rabbit

just stfu and wait for reviews. its a goddamn trailer and he barely says like 2 lines.

Ashhong said:
god everytime i see someone say "michael cera playing michael cera" i want to punch a rabbit

just stfu and wait for reviews. its a goddamn trailer and he barely says like 2 lines.

michael cera playing michael cera
playing Scott Pilgrim

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Dabanton said:
I've seen the entire movie and cera is spot on.

this better happen tonight. Someone should post a thread over at the gaming side due to all the gaming influences this film has :)

Any other big forums we can post this at?

Sooo I am hyped for this film, but a lot of people have said on various forums to go read the comics. I'm interested, is there a book with all of them in it or is it still ongoing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom