• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

sazabirules said:
Should I try reading all of the volumes before I see the movie? I just got the first volume and have yet to read it.

Yeah, but not because of the movie, but because they are awesome and should be read by everyone nonetheless.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
SalsaShark said:
Yeah, but not because of the movie, but because they are awesome and should be read by everyone nonetheless.

Well I know that. If I've read them all, I'd like to be able to compare the movie when watching it.

Salsa

sazabirules said:
Well I know that. If I've read them all, I'd like to be able to compare the movie when watching it.

Yep. And the movie will have a diferent ending and the story only follows to Vol 3. So youll have more comparing to do :D

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
sazabirules said:
hrm, i dont know if i'd go into this film with that kind of attitude. as a source material, there isn't really that much to go on besides general character traits, general plot, and overall tone. Judging from the first trailer, Wright fucking nailed the tone of the books, and that is what I am most hyped about seeing.

Salsa

He`ll be able to compare the diferent storylines, since what i posted earlier.

Knowing that Bryan is involved the movie to me is like more Scott Pilgrim, i know the story`s gonna be awesome and true to character even if its not the same from the books.

Empty

sazabirules said:
Should I try reading all of the volumes before I see the movie? I just got the first volume and have yet to read it.

yes, because they are fantastic and though the movie uses the same characters and the same story structure (though they take liberties with the source and go in the own direction later on), it is it's own beast with it's own direction and feel, far from a literal panel-for-panel translation, so reading it first really won't spoil the movie experience. unless you are the sort of person who couldn't enjoy the lord of the rings films because they cut out tom bombadil, you'll be fine.

we got 20k in 24 hours, so theoretically it should be faster. We should at least get it by tomorrow at this time. Not sure why not a single one of the major sites have posted it yet. I seem to have been the only one.

I just talked with one of the Mashable writers who covers film stuff. She says she will post it. They have a massive, massive audience.

discohiro

For those that haven't gotten a hold of any of the Scott Pilgrim books yet, Borders has the first three volumes in a bundle for $35 bucks. And if you're a Borders Rewards member, there's an e-mail coupon for 40% off a single item valid today and tomorrow.

jett said:
I hope this shit ass way of releasing a trailer doesn't catch on.

It does suck, but I don't think people realize that we wouldn't have seen the trailer until next Friday. Instead, we will get it tomorrow likely.

Peff

Hydrogen Bluebird said:
I hope the new trailer is "unlocked" tomorrow.

At this rate I don't know... It's barely advanced 1000 in several hours. It was going so smoothly yesterday :(

wwm0nkey

Peff said:
At this rate I don't know... It's barely advanced 1000 in several hours. It was going so smoothly yesterday :(
Well again we are only 15,000 away. I am seriously about to make several new accounts to get this up in numbers :lol

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Hopefully this will satiate our appetites til the new trailer is released. Some chick on twitter cosplaying as Ramona Flowers

x2_175300b

My word...

Peff

Ugh, this is going WAY too slow, barely 1600 people in 14 hours :( Let's hope there's a big surge tomorrow.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Dartastic said:
Like, Fan, whatever. This is a stupid, irritating way of releasing something like this, and it pisses me off.
Join the club. Although, i gave in and 'liked' it after a couple days of this thread popping up

Salsa

The trailer is coming anyway, and not even in a long time either. This is just a chance for us to see it earlier. It really doesnt bother me that much as i want the movie to do good, marketing is welcome. Stop bitching and "like it".

We still have 13k left. It hit a screeching halt today. Now I'll be surprised if we even get it in time for Get Him To The Greek. :lol

It would actually be hilarious if it never hit 100,000, but they had to release it anyway for marketing purposes. I say we all go in reverse and unlike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom