• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Killa Sasa said:
Never read the comic or even heard about this franchise before.

That said, this trailer looks awesome and I'll be seeing this movie day one :D
READ THE BOOKS.

DanielPlainview said:
oh man, I had a dream last night I was editing this film with Edgar Wright.

I'm 32 and still haven't really grown out of my early 20s attitude. Well, except dating high school girls, I don't do that. Really, I don't.

I do have more money than I did then but my I wouldn't consider myself as "mature" as I expected myself to be at this age.

EDIT: Just realized I quoted the wrong post.

I'm too lazy to change it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
DoctorWho said:
I'm 32 and still haven't really grown out of my early 20s attitude. Well, except dating high school girls, I don't do that. Really, I don't.

I do have more money than I did then but my I wouldn't consider myself as "mature" as I expected myself to be at this age.
We're IDing people who try to see this movie. If you're over 30 you can't get in, sorry.

kidding... I wouldn't want to be "mature" like that anyway.

Dresden

DanielPlainview said:
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World has been rated PG-13 For stylized violence, sexual content, language and drug references.
No R? No hardcore sex and gallons and gallons of blood? So much for staying true to the source mat--oh, Scott Pilgrim. Wrong thread.

I think the only Scott Pilgrim dream I had was me dreaming that I was Young Neil, and I'd be sitting in a room by myself waiting for everyone else to come. No one came.

VariantX04

Dresden said:
No R? No hardcore sex and gallons and gallons of blood? So much for staying true to the source mat--oh, Scott Pilgrim. Wrong thread.

I think the only Scott Pilgrim dream I had was me dreaming that I was Young Neil, and I'd be sitting in a room by myself waiting for everyone else to come. No one came.
Sucks to be you mang. I dreamed I was all up in Gideon's bidness and then out of nowhere I'm all having hot four-way sex with Knives, Ramona, and Wallace while Kim Pine and Lisa Miller sat in anticipation for their turn.

Dresden

AgentWhiskersX said:
Sucks to be you mang. I dreamed I was all up in Gideon's bidness and then out of nowhere I'm all having hot four-way sex with Knives, Ramona, and Wallace while Kim Pine and Lisa Miller sat in anticipation for their turn.
Shame on you. Wallace should be enough for any man.

VariantX04

Dresden said:
Shame on you. Wallace should be enough for any man.
Pfft... any normal man. I was Bryan Lee O'Malley in that dream... So it was kind of awkward when I realized I was just masturbating to my own material.

Costanza

Banned
so yeah, it’s true what Production Weekly so inelegantly tweeted

we are doing 3 days of pick ups

and to be honest - I’m excited about it. It was my suggestion to the studio and the bits and pieces are all things that I want to tweak

truth is, some of it, is because we have material from Vol 6 that is impossible to resist and so even after a nearly a year of editing - it’s going to be fun to put some icing on the cake

we are not even redoing one full scene, nor any action, just some bits and bobs and new jokes and beats that I wrote with Bacall & O’Malley

if you guys want or feel inclined to put out any fire - I give you this comparison…

Both Shaun & Hot Fuzz had two and three days respectively of additional shooting. One of those bits was the granny being kicked in the face. I think we can all agree that was a good pickup.
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/04...es-shooting-three-more-days-of-scott-pilgrim/

Salsa

Costanza said:
so yeah, it’s true what Production Weekly so inelegantly tweeted

we are doing 3 days of pick ups

and to be honest - I’m excited about it. It was my suggestion to the studio and the bits and pieces are all things that I want to tweak

truth is, some of it, is because we have material from Vol 6 that is impossible to resist and so even after a nearly a year of editing - it’s going to be fun to put some icing on the cake

we are not even redoing one full scene, nor any action, just some bits and bobs and new jokes and beats that I wrote with Bacall & O’Malley

if you guys want or feel inclined to put out any fire - I give you this comparison…

Both Shaun & Hot Fuzz had two and three days respectively of additional shooting. One of those bits was the granny being kicked in the face. I think we can all agree that was a good pickup.

I approve

Danielsan

Still incredibly exited for this.
Finally read all the comics and love them to pieces.
Can't wait till volume 6. :D

I have an odd question.
Does anyone know if there's a place to get the t-shirt Scott wears with the heart on it?
You know the one he wears when he earns the power of love. :D

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Danielsan said:
I have an odd question.
Does anyone know if there's a place to get the t-shirt Scott wears with the heart on it?
You know the one he wears when he earns the power of love. :D

Its a Smashing Pumpkins shirt. Google ''Smashing Pumpkins Heart'' and you should be able to find loads of places selling designs.

Salsa

A bit old interview that i think hasnt been posted or discussed

Gonna post it practically just because of this highlight.

Q: One of the things I loved about the comic book was the visual gags where people come on screen with title cards and stuff. How did you incorporate that, or how are you planning to incorporate that?

EW: Well, I’m planning to be pretty true to the books in that respect, because one of the things that intrigued me about the books – or one of the things that got me interested – was that I felt like there hadn’t been a comic book adaptation, aside from maybe Ghost World and American Splendor, there hadn’t been a bigger film that dealt in sort of like a comedy comic book film. There are either ones going for the more fantastical and more gritty, or other ones going for an entirely different universe, and what I liked about this is that after I read the first book it reminded me of Spaced, in terms of combining the mundane with the fantastical. And so I think it came down to why not use those graphics, who not have that aesthetic to it – and in a comedy you can do a lot of things that you can’t do in a straight action film. In this scene here, Michael fights, like, 20 men – and it’s just an example of what you can do in this film that you can’t do in an action film, is that when they die and explode into coins, you can keep using the same sound over and over again. In an action film, you would always have to have 20 different hits, but here if you keep playing the sonic coin sound over and over again, it becomes funnier and funnier.

Yes i am bumping because of Sonic coin sound. Worth it.

Salsa

awesome pic

scottpilgrimmain.jpg

Peff

It's just been updated, he says they'll release it if they get 100.000 facebook fans. Everybody join, go go go!!

edit: beaten! join, everybody :D

61,000 down... :D

Building hype, spreading the word. They are creating free marketers with every single fan. They will go tell their friends who normally wouldn't be part of it to "like it".

cory

Banned
Would they rather release it to the existing fanbase or put this on 50,000 more people's radars? It's kind of a no brainer.
I suggested it too all of my friends, everyone should do the same thing.
Did this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom