• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalAlien

Banned
A new guy at one of the stops I do looks almost exactly like Michael Cera. So much so that the mere mention of him causes him to facepalm. He is sick of hearing it...LOL He even has the hair.

MNC

Edgar Wright became quite pudgey. Also, is only 10 minutes for me? It's the calling of the cast on stage.

MNC said:
Edgar Wright became quite pudgey. Also, is only 10 minutes for me? It's the calling of the cast on stage.

if you let it play it goes to 2-3 more videos.

Watched the entire thing today, awesome! Love Cera.

lltp: Loved it! I had no idea what this movie was about prior to seeing it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Michael Cera didn't really bother me (probably because I had no previous scott pilgrim to go off of). A caught a few zelda jingles, which made me smile. And for some odd odd reason, I absolutely loved the way the universal logo was done. Buying when it comes out!

Nelo Ice

Banned
black ops and scott pilgrim blu ray next week woo :D

this will likely be one of the only times i get a movie the day its released since well its one of my favorite movies ever and it deserves more $$!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh what the fuck, this isn't out in the UK till Dec 27th? Damn, I was starting to feel the hype for the movie again and now I've got another 2 months to wait. In 2010 there really really should not be staggered release dates, it's ridiculous seeing as anyone could just go to a less than reputable site and watch the movie right now.

Gah! All I want to see is the commentary, is that too much to ask??

MNC

Yeah I noticed the UK date... Can someone tell me the gist on US Blurays on my PAL (Dutch) PS3? I probably won't have dutch subtitles for some of my friends... DAMNIT.

I can't wait to hear Indefatigable. They were playing it in Lee's Palace in the movie; I love Beck.

well mine has very specifically NOT shipped yet, meaning I won't get it on Tuedays : /
I need to make sure I watch this with my freinds before I burn myself out on the film.

so i was drunk shopping on amazon and finally bought vol. 1, 3, and 4. volume 2 is a lot more expensive for some reason. :(

and then i got an email saying that my books are shipping, along with the blu-ray. i forgot i even preordered it.

aaaand now i have no moneys. :lol

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Hydrogen Bluebird said:
Reading the comics again, I realized that Nice Frost and Simon Pegg would have been perfect as the vegan police.
Everyone thought they'd be cast. The resemblance is definitely there.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
watched this movie for the first time a couple of nights ago. absolutely loved it to bits. didn't know anything about the comic books or the movie besides the trailer and was pleasantly surprised how much i enjoyed the movie.

one of my favourites.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Funny story: Scott Pilgrim premiered yesterday here.

And I watched it today.

And it's awesome. I loved
all the changes to the later half of the story. I still prefer the original one, but it was fun to see a different take on it.

ngower

Finally saw it, pretty enjoyable. I'd read some of the books and thought they did well to keep the humor intact. My only vice is that it seemed to go incredibly fast while being tremendously slow, if that makes sense. Basically, it was so frenetic and constantly at eleven that you never had a chance to settle down. Might have been good to pace it a little less intensely.

Wallace was my favorite in the books and I really enjoyed how they portrayed him in the movie.

big ander

ngower said:
Finally saw it, pretty enjoyable. I'd read some of the books and thought they did well to keep the humor intact. My only vice is that it seemed to go incredibly fast while being tremendously slow, if that makes sense. Basically, it was so frenetic and constantly at eleven that you never had a chance to settle down. Might have been good to pace it a little less intensely.

Wallace was my favorite in the books and I really enjoyed how they portrayed him in the movie.
I've always said I understand how people felt about the pacing. It could get tiring. But while others felt it hit 11 and never stopped, I felt like it hit 11 and got to 12 by the end. I wanted to bounce out of my seat.

And yes Kieran did an excellent job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom