• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
saw the movie yesterday and i can't say i liked it. there were some funny parts but overall the movie was kinda boring. i don't like cera at all as an actor. i could not stand him at all.

Jintor

sweetvar26 said:
The asian girl in this movie is hot.

EllenWong2.jpg

She is 25

WOULD

M_A_C

smurfx said:
saw the movie yesterday and i can't say i liked it. there were some funny parts but overall the movie was kinda boring. i don't like cera at all as an actor. i could not stand him at all.

Yeah it was OK but I really hate Cera also. He is just such a huge pussy.

ezekial45

Banned
Yeah, he's confident all right. In fact, he's overconfident at times. Very self centered too.

IMO, Cera played it perfectly. The delivery of some of lines were just fantastic.

*interrupting Knives, when she's talking about Envy*

"I'm sorry, you were saying about me?"

The look on his face and his stance was just perfect.

:lol

ezekial45

Banned
Fusebox said:
He's funny, but confidence isn't usually accompanied by extreme awkwardness.

He wasn't awkward in every scene he was in. There were scenes where he displayed douche-level confidence, without coming off as awkward.

Zeliard

He was generally pretty confident in the fight scenes as well, usually registering no more than puzzlement at the strangeness of it all, but still administering beatdowns.

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah he is surprisingly confident in the fight scenes but that side of his personality juxtaposes well with his normal awkward self.

Altazor

oddly enough I think the movie should've been longer.

and regarding Michael Cera... well, let's just say he gives me a different vibe from the books' Scott. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, I liked it but it's a different Scott from the book. I can't see Cera saying "I will be the best 24 year old EVER!" without sounding totally forced and/or unconvincing...

edit: but he certainly fits some aspects of Scott's personality. I think his interaction with Envy was spot on - awkward, uncomfortable.

big ander

Altazor said:
oddly enough I think the movie should've been longer.

and regarding Michael Cera... well, let's just say he gives me a different vibe from the books' Scott. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, I liked it but it's a different Scott from the book. I can't see Cera saying "I will be the best 24 year old EVER!" without sounding totally forced and/or unconvincing...

edit: but he certainly fits some aspects of Scott's personality. I think his interaction with Envy was spot on - awkward, uncomfortable.
Yeah, he was absolutely perfect on some aspects of Scott, and a little off on others. But I still loved it.
And I also think the movie should have been longer.

I'm going to HMV on Yonge Street today to see if I can't get something signed by Edgar Wright.

I'd go the the special showing at Bloor Cinema tonight, but I have no desire to line-up for 4 hours.

lunarworks said:
I'm going to HMV on Yonge Street today to see if I can't get something signed by Edgar Wright.

I'd go the the special showing at Bloor Cinema tonight, but I have no desire to line-up for 4 hours.

Yeah, I'd like to go but getting free tickets seems like a pain in the ass.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
How retarded is that, I can buy the blu-ray of that movie at UK online stores, and it's only going to be released in theaters next month here in France. No doubt it will be a huge bomb here.

Stitch

Gold Member
saw this today. thought it would be some entertaining nerd movie, kinda like kick-ass.
well, i was wrong and hated the movie. :lol i actualy facepalmed a few times. vegan police? really? poor thomas jane :(
i wanted to punch scott the whole time. the only character i cared about was knives.

btw the fight with the flaming sword and all these guys turning into coins reminded me of no more heroes. just less awesome :p

:O jeez "knives" is 25 , Would

i agree the Vegan police made me :lol and go sfdfldkdkfdk so random

do nega scott and scott ever go to brunch
the film left that unanswered :p

lunarworks said:
If you go line up at Bloor Cinema now you may have luck.

Too bad about the whole work thing. I'm not going to bother. I'll have the blu-ray in my hands on Tuesday and can watch it over and over and over again.

DoctorWho said:
Too bad about the whole work thing. I'm not going to bother. I'll have the blu-ray in my hands on Tuesday and can watch it over and over and over again.
I'm "lucky" that my boss is away this week and I have no work. :/

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Not getting the hate for the cover-art. It looks attention-grabby and that's just what the movie needs at this point.

Firestorm

Stitch said:
saw this today. thought it would be some entertaining nerd movie, kinda like kick-ass.
well, i was wrong and hated the movie. :lol i actualy facepalmed a few times. vegan police? really? poor thomas jane :(
i wanted to punch scott the whole time. the only character i cared about was knives.

btw the fight with the flaming sword and all these guys turning into coins reminded me of no more heroes. just less awesome :p
how did you not laugh at the vegan police high five

Platy

I live in a country with "more than 5,564 municipalities" distributed on 26 states
8,514,877 km2
with 189,987,291 people with 39.827.570 being only on my state ...

....and the movie started in ONE city (ok .. the city with the biggest population ... but stil ...) in just THREE movie theaters !!!!!

THREE movie theaters !!!! IN ONE CITTY !!!!!! WAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Vb6ih.gif

Blimblim said:
How retarded is that, I can buy the blu-ray of that movie at UK online stores, and it's only going to be released in theaters next month here in France. No doubt it will be a huge bomb here.
I know how you feel/felt. The movie had came two weeks ago here in germany but the US blu-ray is already on the way.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Hypertrooper said:
I know how you feel/felt. The movie had came two weeks ago here in germany but the US blu-ray is already on the way.

totally OT, but;
Your avatar is perfectly in synch with a track that's on radio 1 right now.

2vuzp08.gif

:lol

Blimblim said:
To be fair, this movie was a bomb everywhere

Yay, went to the signing, got my Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead Blu-ray signed by Edgar Wright.

But, there was a nice surprise: They were signing cover slips for the Scott Pilgrim Blu-ray, ready to slip into the case when you buy the disc next week!

lunarworks said:
Yay, went to the signing, got my Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead Blu-ray signed by Edgar Wright.

But, there was a nice surprise: They were signing cover slips for the Scott Pilgrim Blu-ray, ready to slip into the case when you buy the disc next week!
that's really cool. i'm jealous.

Altazor

Platy said:
I live in a country with "more than 5,564 municipalities" distributed on 26 states
8,514,877 km2
with 189,987,291 people with 39.827.570 being only on my state ...

....and the movie started in ONE city (ok .. the city with the biggest population ... but stil ...) in just THREE movie theaters !!!!!

THREE movie theaters !!!! IN ONE CITTY !!!!!! WAAAAAAAAHHHHH

hey man, be grateful the movie was at least shown on cinemas there. It never reached chilean lands :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom