• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Is it often that a director joins his cast in press interviews? Also, I feel like Edgar tells them to go crazy instead of trying desperately to promote the film.

Salsa

AgentWhiskersX said:
Also, I feel like Edgar tells them to go crazy instead of trying desperately to promote the film.

Cera is always like this in interviews, you really need to dig deep to find an interview where he talks seriously for more than 5 minutes. Doubt Wright had anything to do with it.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
SalsaShark said:
Cera is always like this in interviews, you really need to dig deep to find an interview where he talks seriously for more than 5 minutes. Doubt Wright had anything to do with it.
I'm pretty sure Edgar has a lot to do with it as it's not only Michael Cera who goofs around. Check this out for instance. They fucking hold hands throughout the interview. :lol

Raguel

Just finished watching this. Enjoyed it more than i thought I would. I really didn't like the books having read all the volumes but this movie was gold. I liked the changes Wright and co made to the second half of the story. It was much better than in the books which just plodded along and went no where for a long time. Very enjoyable film. Jason Schwartzman is fantastic as Gideon. So much better than the book version.

http://forbiddenplanet.com/65101-sarah-palin-versus-the-world-1/

STK431050.jpg.size-300_square-true.jpg

Oh my.

pnjtony

I watched it this weekend. The fact that it cost $60 million blows my mind more than the movie itself did. It was alright. Perhaps it was over-hyped for me.

I had no knowledge of the comic it was based on so it seems like it was really made for a very specific audience. It also felt like Winter in Toronto as a backdrop (I'm sure that's where the comic is set or something) was a poor choice, especially considering this movie was released in the Summer. No one wants to see snow in August.

Altazor

pnjtony said:
It also felt like Winter in Toronto as a backdrop (I'm sure that's where the comic is set or something) was a poor choice, especially considering this movie was released in the Summer. No one wants to see snow in August.

the books take place in Toronto, yes, but not just winter. I think it's more like a year. It starts in winter and ends in summer, I guess, or at least autumn.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
For movie fans who don't stumble over into gaming, the Xbox Live beat-em-up is only 400 Microsoft Fun Bux today.

Scott and Ramona in the Park Version 1 is SO GOOD. WHY did he change it!?!?

Edit: Holy shit the other options on Scott's mind-wheel are fucking hysterical :lol

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Oh yeah, get the game, it's brilliant! It's ridiculously hard at the beginning, but once you start levelling up, getting stronger and gaining new moves, it gets a lot of fun. Protip: save up $130 and get the Bionic Arm in Wallace's secret store in level 1.

Oh my God is one of the alternate takes with Lucas Lee, in the background you can see a girl come out of his trailer wiping her mouth. :lol :lol

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
_dementia said:
What shipping option did you choose?

I have the prime they gave away for people with a school e-mail. Thought I would get it some time soon at least. Amazon says I am expected to get it Friday.

burgerdog

Yep, just finished watching, thanks for sending it a day early, Amazon! If you have an internet-ready bd player you can stream Pitch Black and this other movie(forgot the name, sorry.) Feels so good to be able to watch this whenever I feel like it now.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm getting mine (along with SotD and Hot Fuzz) tomorrow. Can't wait! :D

Can anyone comment on the video transfer? IGN's review said it was disappointing.

derFeef

Finally saw this at the weekend, but I had to search hard to find a cinema in which it played. This movie is so packed, it was almost too much. The ending was kind of weird - I was like "Uhm, what? He is going to..., huh? ah no... it´s allright."

Why is this being released on the 27th of December?!? :lol

Oh well, I'll buy it myself after Christmas and see if I can get that bitching Inception special edition instead. :D

Jill Sandwich said:
Oh yeah, get the game, it's brilliant! It's ridiculously hard at the beginning, but once you start levelling up, getting stronger and gaining new moves, it gets a lot of fun. Protip: save up $130 and get the Bionic Arm in Wallace's secret store in level 1.

Hopefully we'll get the DLC today and that it won't cost more than two dollars.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Green Scar said:
Why is this being released on the 27th of December?!? :lol

Oh well, I'll buy it myself after Christmas and see if I can get that bitching Inception special edition instead. :D

Because they want people to download it? Such a boneheaded move, seriously. I'm gonna buy it no matter what anyway, but as soon as I saw the date changed I caved and dled it just to watch it again (don't have BluRay so can't import).

Universal I am disappoint.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
So log in to my Amazon account because the blu-ray should have been delivered. And lo and behold, I get greeted with This Item doesn't release until the 27th of december or some shit.

Seriously? Universal, really hate this film don't they.

Veidt said:
So log in to my Amazon account because the blu-ray should have been delivered. And lo and behold, I get greeted with This Item doesn't release until the 27th of december or some shit.

Seriously? Universal, really hate this film don't they.
The European release is the 27th...

jett

D-Member
ezekial45 said:
Yes.

He ends up with Knives instead of Ramona.

I would've much preferred that. To say that Ramona is 100% unlikeable in this movie would be an understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom