• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

The whole ending set it up perfectly for
Knives. The fight scene, the whole part after Nega Scott where they were talking about Scott's hair and whatnot
They just seemed happy together.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Watched it last night. Absolutely loved it. One of the most enjoyable movie experiences I've had this year. It was just exciting and fun to watch.

I can't believe this tanked so hard in the theaters. I WANTED to see it in the theater, but it was removed so quickly that I literally did not have the chance to do so. Hopefully Blu-ray/DVD sales make up for it somewhat.

Brilliant movie. Can't wait to watch it again!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
dark10x said:
Watched it last night. Absolutely loved it. One of the most enjoyable movie experiences I've had this year. It was just exciting and fun to watch.

I can't believe this tanked so hard in the theaters. I WANTED to see it in the theater, but it was removed so quickly that I literally did not have the chance to do so. Hopefully Blu-ray/DVD sales make up for it somewhat.

Brilliant movie. Can't wait to watch it again!
The second wave begins! :D

ezekial45

Banned
EW says to import, import, import!

"By the way, worth pointing out for people anxious to get their mitts on the Blu-Ray in other countries. It's region free. So import away."

Hope it's at Redbox today. Don't feel like waiting on Netflix but I want to see it. Not a fan of the comics but I hear you don't have to be. I enjoyed the PSN game anyways so now I'm in the mood.

ezekial45

Banned
Hot damn, there's so many visual treats in the movie. :lol :lol

In the scene where Ramona is talking about the League on the bus, the lights in the background are in the shape of X's. When Scott says, "So that means we are dating?", they turn into hearts.

I should order it on bestbuy.com. and just pick it up after work but I want to buy it at target so i can shop :lol but it's out of stock there fuu.

EDIT: OoS online only. But seems to have it in stores. hopefully there's a few copies when I get off.

ezekial45 said:
Hot damn, there's so many visual treats in the movie. :lol :lol

In the scene where Ramona is talking about the League on the bus, the lights in the background are in the shape of X's. When Scott says, "So that means we are dating?", they turn into hearts.

Noticed that on my first of four theatrical viewings :) It's a nice touch and one of many little hidden things throughout this movie.

DMPrince said:
I should order it on bestbuy.com. and just pick it up after work but I want to buy it at target so i can shop :lol but it's out of stock there fuu.

EDIT: OoS online only. But seems to have it in stores. hopefully there's a few copies when I get off.
I really hope this is a good sign for sales and not just them undershipping due to low expectations

but who am i kidding

Muerte_X

DMPrince said:

I went ahead and did it through best buy. All the stores had them in stock, but I'd rather not chance it if they only have a few.

I actually went by Walmart last night after midnight, hoping I might be able to pick it up. Turns out CoD: Black Ops was released today too, lol. Waiting in line would've taken over an hour.

Oh well, I'll be able to pick it up on my way home today after work. Can't wait to watch it again. :D

Chairhome

Good amount of copies at my Best Buy. I brought my co-worker with me so he could get a copy, too (I suggested the movie to him when it came out in theaters and he loved it). Heads up, if you have the 30% off blu-rays coupon for the Best Buy Reward Zone members, it will work, even though it says it only works on regularly priced movies. I saved $8 by using it. Can't wait to rewatch!

Chairhome said:
Good amount of copies at my Best Buy. I brought my co-worker with me so he could get a copy, too (I suggested the movie to him when it came out in theaters and he loved it). Heads up, if you have the 30% off blu-rays coupon for the Best Buy Reward Zone members, it will work, even though it says it only works on regularly priced movies. I saved $8 by using it. Can't wait to rewatch!
oh good. i love saving money. where is the coupon?

EDIT: found it. :D

Just picked up mine from Wal-Mart (Canada) and got the exclusive "One Size Fits Most" T-shirt. Not too bad of a design. Good quality.

Edit: Wow, just watched the alternate ending. I really like it! Kinda neat how they could have ended it either way and it still would have been great.

Salsa

LegendOfGood said:
Edit: Wow, just watched the alternate ending. I really like it! Kinda neat how they could have ended it either way and it still would have been great.

IMO, the ending with Ramona felt forced. It was the one thing that struck me as odd in the movie, i could have guessed there was an alternative ending with Knives.

He's like totally into Knives for a second there, going all "yeah wow", and then:

-"Oh youre leaving?"
-"yeah"
-"ok"
Knives: "Go after her!"
-"alright!"

its like he just wanted to get some, no matter with who.

SalsaShark said:
IMO, the ending with Ramona felt forced. It was the one thing that struck me as odd in the movie, i could have guessed there was an alternative ending with Knives.

He's like totally into Knives for a second there, going all "yeah wow", and then:

-"Oh youre leaving?"
-"yeah"
-"ok"
-"alright!"

Sounds like me.

SalsaShark said:

-"Oh youre leaving?"
-"yeah"
-"ok"
-"alright!"

I disagree. Knives' line sums it up for why that ending worked: you did all that fighting for her, go and get her. Also, the music that plays ("Ramona") fits well, too.

However, like I said, I think both endings work well.

The only thing I liked about the alternate ending was Scott calling Gideon. That was AWESOME. (and the resulting scene with Wallace was HILARIOUS.) Wish they had kept that part in.

Also in the slo-mo montage at the end of Scott and Knives playing NNR, her ass is looking FOINE.

Salsa

LegendOfGood said:
I disagree. Knives' line sums it up for why that ending worked: you did all that fighting for her, go and get her. Also, the music that plays ("Ramona") fits well, too.

What im saying is that Scott's attitude towards the whole thing seemed odd, he just didnt seemed that interested. Supposedly he "grows up", decides what he wants to do with his life, makes peace with Nega-Scott, etc, and then Knives tells him what he wants to do ? :/

Also, I gotta say, the way they built up Nega-Scott in the deleted scenes wou,d have made me PISSED at his actual reveal, because he was CREEPY.

The sound design in this film is fantastic. There are so many little effects, usually with the scene transitions and so on.

Edit: Wow, when Scott opens his front door and Knives gives him an "attack hug", you can hear the old Windows 95 error sound. :lol

sn00zer

Chairhome said:
From CAG:
Go to one of the following sites on your phone's browser, then show the cashier the code on your phone.
Premier Silver Reward Zone member:
http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/premier-1242461.html
Regular members:
http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/core-1242489.html

The coupon was also in a small coupon booklet from Best Buy you might have received in the mail if you are a RZ member.
Any chance i can just print these out and show em to the cashier?

Fuming anger!
They tried to deliver my copy today but I work all day and my apartments have the laziest office people in the known world and they are never in the office so packages can't be signed for and left there. So I can't have them leave it at the door because it will get stolen and they can't leave it in the office and they have to have a signature :mad:

LegendOfGood said:
Just picked up mine from Wal-Mart (Canada) and got the exclusive "One Size Fits Most" T-shirt. Not too bad of a design. Good quality.

Wait. They have shirts?

SHIT I'M GOING THERE!!!

Chairhome said:
From CAG:
Go to one of the following sites on your phone's browser, then show the cashier the code on your phone.
Premier Silver Reward Zone member:
http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/premier-1242461.html
Regular members:
http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/core-1242489.html

The coupon was also in a small coupon booklet from Best Buy you might have received in the mail if you are a RZ member.

Thanks for the coupon! I ended up paying a total of $20.45 with it. The cashier asked if i had the reweard zone card thingy and i said no (i don't have it).

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
My only problem with the movie was the ending. Scott getting a new life bugged me. And Knives joining the fight and then Scott telling Ramona about Knives was more ackward than revealing.

Amazing and almost perfect movie though. My favorite this year.

Wallace had all the best parts. :lol

Vox-Pop said:
My only problem with the movie was the ending. Scott getting a new life bugged me. And Knives joining the fight and then Scott telling Ramona about Knives was more ackward than revealing.

Amazing and almost perfect movie though. My favorite this year.

Wallace had all the best parts. :lol
At the end of the movie, it's strongly implied that Scott and Ramona leave Toronto and start over somewhere else and I thought that was very strange. Maybe it's nothing but it bothered me for some reason. I also didn't like that Ramona was basically going to leave until Scott stopped her. It works so much better in the comic where she doesn't go back to Gideon.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
At HMV limited copies come with a cell from the film, so I got that. Kinda dumb, but the last thing I need is an Ill-fitting promo shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom