• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

OneEightZero said:
I can't even watch it yet. Stupid iPad. =/

youtube links arent working? i uploaded one and it works on my iphone. kinda hard to find...go on youtube app, search ashhong, click on one of my other vids and then on "more videos" and it should be there

edit: or just m.youtube.com/ashhong1

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
n1dun8.jpg

cant watch it.... so many spoilers XD

i read the book but... this movie seems to be epic (one of the best comics + director of shaun of the dead and hot fuzz) ^^

Jintor

Witchfinder General said:
I'm only seing this as I'm a huge Edgar Wright fanboy. The comics don't interest me at all.

Speaking as both a Scott Pilgrim and an Edgar Wright fan, this movie is going to be aweeeeeeeeeeeee-someeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
who's that chick with the orange hair, she's pretty hot.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I'm only seing this as I'm a huge Edgar Wright fanboy. The comics don't interest me at all.
You mean you read them and you didn't find them interesting?

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
AgentWhiskersX said:
You mean you read them and you didn't find them interesting?

No, I just don't have any desire to read comics anymore. The comics themselves may very well be excellent but it's just not my thing nor do I have the spare time to devote to reading comics when I have so many other books and journals to read.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
No, I just don't have any desire to read comics anymore. The comics themselves may very well be excellent but it's just not my thing nor do I have the spare time to devote to reading comics when I have so many other books and journals to read.
It's a mini-series though... you could finish the whole series in an hour or two.

VariantX04

I was in your shoes once. Read the first volume in less than an hour and it completely absorbed me. If you get the chance, read the first volume (it won't hurt you to spend less than an hour) and see what you think.

watkinzez

As someone who read the books after learning that Wright was doing a film based on them, they're very much in the vein of Spaced. Though without the British-isms, obviously.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oni Press is going to be raking in the cash this summer. Sales of Volumes 1-6 are going to be going through the roof. Imagine my surprise when I hear people that aren't even into comics talking about Scott Freaking Pilgrim.

People can bitch and moan about Cera being the star of this movie, but his fanbase is really going to push this movie to success. After Superbad, Juno, Youth in Revolt and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Cera has a pretty large group of young hip fans, the exact group that isn't turned off by the madness of this movie.

Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz were awesome, but Edgar Wright just doesn't have the name recognition in the States that can sell a movie. I'm glad they did a good job on casting to make up for that.

Kinda interesting that they decided to cram so much of the storyline into one movie. Doesn't really matter though. If this movie makes bank they can always just get O'Malley to write new material for a sequel.

Oh yeah, new trailer is up at Apple Trailers: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/scottpilgrimvstheworld/

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Mayne, that Ramona chick's been around yo. Too much woman for me.

1080p DL link anyone?

Chao

Does anyone know the name of the song at the end of the trailer. I'm fucking dancing at it, it is so good.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Grizzlyjin said:
Oni Press is going to be raking in the cash this summer. Sales of Volumes 1-6 are going to be going through the roof. Imagine my surprise when I hear people that aren't even into comics talking about Scott Freaking Pilgrim.

People can bitch and moan about Cera being the star of this movie, but his fanbase is really going to push this movie to success. After Superbad, Juno, Youth in Revolt and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Cera has a pretty large group of young hip fans, the exact group that isn't turned off by the madness of this movie.

Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz were awesome, but Edgar Wright just doesn't have the name recognition in the States that can sell a movie. I'm glad they did a good job on casting to make up for that.

Kinda interesting that they decided to cram so much of the storyline into one movie. Doesn't really matter though. If this movie makes bank they can always just get O'Malley to write new material for a sequel.

Oh yeah, new trailer is up at Apple Trailers: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/scottpilgrimvstheworld/

yep
this trailer completely sold me on getting all 6 books
btw the last one comes out this summer right? think i''ll wait till then to pick em up in a complete package or something

Grizzlyjin said:
His name? Probably not. His work? Absolutely. I'm sure a few people are going to see it because the guy who directed Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead is doing it.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
God damn does this movie look incredible. Second trailer was boss as hell.

Ashhong

AgentWhiskersX said:
It opens using Quicktime. All Apple trailers do for me. =/ Can't seem to download them.

just right click the link to the video that opens quicktime instead of left clicking. still gotta open quicktime later thought to watch..or vlc, etc

VariantX04

Ashhong said:
just right click the link to the video that opens quicktime instead of left clicking. still gotta open quicktime later thought to watch..or vlc, etc
Are you on a Mac or a PC? On my MacBook Pro, right clicking and saving the file only saves the URL. When I double click that URL it opens the streaming version of the trailer. Can't save Apple trailers. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom