• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

syoaran

Jet Grind Radio! said:
His name? Probably not. His work? Absolutely. I'm sure a few people are going to see it because the guy who directed Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead is doing it.

Indeed - but the edgar/simonpegg/nickfrost social media group (fb/twitter etc) has been really hammering on getting the trailer out there - I thought the 100k likes before its released was a neat idea. They have limited budget to market the film and I think they are doing a great job with what they have.

Day1 with this film, even if the press get sour about it before launch

OMG Aero

Is it bad to go see a movie by yourself? I'm still reading through the books but after seeing that trailer I really want to see the movie but literally no-one I know wants to see it.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Ok, watched the second trailer.

Fucking incredible.

Although I have to say, watching the trailer just makes me want to see the third Wright/Pegg movie all the more.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
AgentWhiskersX said:
Are you on a Mac or a PC? On my MacBook Pro, right clicking and saving the file only saves the URL. When I double click that URL it opens the streaming version of the trailer. Can't save Apple trailers. =/

Click the URL and it'll open in QuickTime. Once it's finished streaming, you can save it from there.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
For anyone who wants to download trailers from the apple site, but can't. Follow this tutorial:

On Firefox, there is a nifty add-on you can installed called User Agent Switcher, which will allow you to quickly switch between the default and Quicktime user agent strings.

Install this:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59/

After installing the add-on, go to Tools > Default User Agent > Edit User Agents…

Create a new User Agent by clicking on New > New User Agent… Clear out all the fields and copy and paste QuickTime into the Description and User Agent fields.

Switch to the newly created QuickTime User Agent by selecting it from the Tools > Default User Agent menu. Now you should be able to click/save Apple HD trailers from our site as you normally did before. Remember to switch back to the Default User Agent after you’re done saving trailers.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Veidt said:
For anyone who wants to download trailers from the apple site, but can't. Follow this tutorial:

On Firefox, there is a nifty add-on you can installed called User Agent Switcher, which will allow you to quickly switch between the default and Quicktime user agent strings.

Install this:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59/

After installing the add-on, go to Tools > Default User Agent > Edit User Agents…

Create a new User Agent by clicking on New > New User Agent… Clear out all the fields and copy and paste QuickTime into the Description and User Agent fields.

Switch to the newly created QuickTime User Agent by selecting it from the Tools > Default User Agent menu. Now you should be able to click/save Apple HD trailers from our site as you normally did before. Remember to switch back to the Default User Agent after you’re done saving trailers.

Didn't work for me.

The GIFs are literally hanging on whether or not you can make this work for me. ^_^

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
OneEightZero said:
Didn't work for me.

The GIFs are literally hanging on whether or not you can make this work for me. ^_^
Man, fuck this. I'm gonna handbrake it, hold on.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
OneEightZero said:
On the plus side, the trailer is fucking awesome. Lots of potential there. ^_^
I won't be able to access Internet later on so if you don't mind, save an avatar for me. :p

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
AgentWhiskersX said:
I won't be able to access Internet later on so if you don't mind, save an avatar for me. :p

Yeah, what scene were you wanting?

I've also got 'em saved for Ashhong and Wenis... if anyone's wanting specific scenes, PM me. It's easier to keep track of it that way. ^_^

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
OneEightZero said:
Yeah, what scene were you wanting?

I've also got 'em saved for Ashhong and Wenis... if anyone's wanting specific scenes, PM me. It's easier to keep track of it that way. ^_^
The 64-hit combo bit.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
RobotNinjaHornets said:
The Sonic sound effect when he "gets it" means this will be the greatest film ever.

Go back and watch the first trailer. There was a Street Fighter Alpha 3 sound effect in that one. ^_^

Chao

Whoever edited this trailer, in case he/she is reading this for whatever reason: you did a fucking great job. One of the best trailers I've ever seen.

I've been awake for an hour.

I've watched the trailer 3 times.

Living in DREAM WORLD, kids. August 13th cannot come soon enough.

Mason

Wow, this looks ten times nerdier than I'd expected (I'm not familiar with the source material at all).

If I go see this, will I be able to hear the film over all the mouth-breathing? And will I even be able to focus with all the B.O.? Finally, is it required that you show proof of employment at Gamestop to purchase a ticket?

vazel

Banned
Mason said:
Wow, this looks ten times nerdier than I'd expected (I'm not familiar with the source material at all).

If I go see this, will I be able to hear the film over all the mouth-breathing? And will I even be able to focus with all the B.O.? Finally, is it required that you show proof of employment at Gamestop to purchase a ticket?
ugh-lol.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Awesome trailer, but not enough Kim or Knives.

Would like to have at seen at least one good shot of Envy as well.

jett

D-Member
Elizabeth Winstead is so pretty...but not in here, but in this movie she's been uglied up something fierce. Actually most of the characters here look some kind of ugly. What's the deal with that.

The movie itself looks pretty cool.

Blablurn said:
seems like they cut the Street Fighter-ish "KO" after the last puch.

Could be the way the trailer was cut. I hope they didn't have to take it out. Seems like somthing Capcom would be on board for.

wwm0nkey

I REALLY hope they have early screenings at E3, I know it would be random but damn do I hope they do it so I can watch it :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom