• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasser

twofold said:
UK gaffers.. If you live near one of these cinemas, you're in luck! Free tickets and you get to see the film early.

Sheffield is the closest to me, but it's still over an hour away, so I'm passing on this. Bah.

Anyway..

http://www.tellten.co.uk/
Code is 603366

Enjoy!

oh shit, thanks for posting this. was 50-50 on seeing this but can't argue with a free screening!

Chavelo

Tears For Fears said:
Much better than your sarcasm. If you enjoy people who do not respect the acting profession more power to you. I am entitled to my opinions, if you don't like it cry about it.

a2958010-37-obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

Tears For Fears said:
Much better than your sarcasm. If you enjoy people who do not respect the acting profession more power to you. I am entitled to my opinions, if you don't like it cry about it.

How exactly does Cera disrespect the acting profession any more than any other actor who does something similar in every film?

Also, he is not untalented for what he is meant to do in his movies, which is to be an awkward, slightly hipster-y dude in his teens or early twenties. In fact, I'd say he's quite great at that, as he is one of the only comedians left these days that doesn't laugh at his own jokes as he delivers them; his manner of delivery is very sincere and understated in a way that I wish more comedians would attempt.

Edit: Serious question; I'm an actor myself and I respect anybody who is able to find success in the tough acting world.

Canada 27 July 2010 (Fantasia International Film Festival)
Australia 12 August 2010
Canada 13 August 2010
Ireland 13 August 2010
Italy 13 August 2010
USA 13 August 2010
UK 25 August 2010
Iceland 27 August 2010
Netherlands 16 September 2010
Spain 24 September 2010
Finland 1 October 2010
Norway 1 October 2010
Estonia 8 October 2010
France 20 October 2010
Singapore 28 October 2010
Malaysia 11 November 2010
Germany 6 January 2011

The first european country to get the comics translated and Italy, Ireland and Iceland beats us by more than a FUCKING month?
WTF is this shit!
I knew the date, but reminding me again of it makes me furious
Maybe they have to translate all the comic onomatopoeias like they did with Kikc-Ass and that is taking the time.

Hope they bring it much sooner like with the million of free previews Universal did in Spain with Kick-Ass and I get to see it in august.

At least we are not Germany, WTF? Its that like the time they take to censor things?

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
This is really starting to make me sad. Where is the Toronto event?! The movie was filmed, and takes place in Toronto! :'(

Salsa

Jedeye Sniv said:
Nope, looks like that's all changed -

Canada 27 July 2010 (Fantasia International Film Festival)
Australia 12 August 2010
Canada 13 August 2010
Ireland 13 August 2010
Italy 13 August 2010
USA 13 August 2010
UK 25 August 2010
Iceland 27 August 2010
Netherlands 16 September 2010
Spain 24 September 2010
Finland 1 October 2010
Norway 1 October 2010
Estonia 8 October 2010
France 20 October 2010
Singapore 28 October 2010
Malaysia 11 November 2010
Germany 6 January 2011

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446029/releaseinfo

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU--

Uruguay - NEVAAAAARRRRRRRR

:(

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
I have a feeling I'm really going to hate this. It looks like the kind of movie hipsters masturbate to, the trailers for it make me want to vomit.

catfish said:
Something to do with having to dub German all over it probably.

Looks like Pretty much everyone after UK to see this as a download. Would be interesting to see the amount of money it pulls in vs stats of this happening.
The german dub is awfuel. Otherwise i will get the uk bluray before the official german date.

derFeef

dark_inferno said:
January 2011? Srsly Guys? Even Italy is faster with translation >.<
Seriously, wth. THis does mean that all german-speaking countries are screwed, right? :(
Who cares, will watch the movie in english.

Spire said:
I have a feeling I'm really going to hate this. It looks like the kind of movie hipsters masturbate to, the trailers for it make me want to vomit.
That's exactly how I feel. Every time I see a trailer for this it just turns me off. I was going to see it to to at least give it a chance ,but after the more recent trailer I may just write off regardless.

Rahxephon91 said:
That's exactly how I feel. Every time I see a trailer for this it just turns me off. I was going to see it to to at least give it a chance ,but after the more recent trailer I may just write off regardless.

Rahxephon91
I have bad taste.
(Today, 03:57 AM)
Reply | Quote

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Rahxephon91 said:
Well I'm happy you have seen this movie. Can you give some detailed impressions?
jon bones can, along with at least one other gaffer who saw an early test screening.

Rahxephon91 said:
Well I'm happy you have seen this movie. Can you give some detailed impressions?

I didn't say I've seen the movie and that you should give the movie a chance. I'm saying you have bad taste, if seeing these trailers makes you completely write off the movie.

Firestorm

Blader5489 said:
First, Scott Pilgrim was for gamers.

Then nerds.

Now hipsters.

Amazing how the target demo seems to change on a whim.
I'd say all three were targeted from the first page of the first book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom