• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

SalsaShark said:
Love that mash-up.

I really like Michael Cera during "youll pay for your crimes against humanity" for some reason. Im so damn confident he`ll be great. Cant believe the hate.

I didnt like that. Didn't feel right for some reason..

GhaleonEB said:
Watching that mash up, I couldn't help but find myself looking forward to Ebert's review. :lol

I think Ebert will give this three stars. He likes Michael Cera a lot, has responded positively to Edgar Wright's movies in the past, and is a sucker for movies with neat special effects. Given his distaste for video games, he is clearly not the target audience, but I see no reason why he wouldn't at least like the film.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So anyone going to Comic-Con?

'Scott Pilgrim' Cast Will Customize Your Clothes At Comic-Con

The marketing team behind "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" already set up a system to give out customized Bryan Lee O'Malley-esque avatars. When Comic-Con rolls around in a couple of weeks, however, Michael Cera and Edgar Wright will reportedly be making real-life personalized T-shirts across the street from the convention center.

Beginning on Thursday, July 22, Cera, Wright, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Anna Kendrick will be taking turns operating a "make-your-own-T-shirt stand" somewhere in or near the Hilton Gaslamp, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The promotion will be a part of a campaign called "Scott Pilgrim vs. Comic-Con"
that also includes a DJ room and likely many other bells and whistles promoting the movie's August 13 release date.

At least a few of the cast members will probably have leave Thursday afternoon, I would assume, since the "Scott Pilgrim" panel is scheduled that day in Hall H. I'm also going to go out on a limb and predict that Anna Kendrick will get a few custom "Twilight" T-shirt requests while she's there, unless the people in charge have already taken preemptive action to ward off such things.

XiaNaphryz

Foob said:
i posted about that on the last page!
All I saw was the photo, didn't see any newsbit about the shirt part of it.

EDIT: I see it now - more like 3 pages back (6 if you're at standard posts per page). That's not the last page! :p

Chavelo

hermit7 said:
That was an annoying ass trailer.

34hujux.gif

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Michael Cera interview

Co-star Anna Kendrick's transition from filming with George Clooney to ... Michael Cera:

"Natural transition is not the phrase I would use. Handsome transition seems to be a better phrase to encapsulate what that lucky girl has experienced. Unfortunately, Anna and I got to work together for only one day. Though she plays my sister in the movie, one of our biggest scenes together takes place over the phone, and we shot our respective sides of the conversation at completely different times on the shooting schedule. She regrets that we weren't able to spend more time together. We got close enough for me to feel comfortable in assuming that."
Haters can hate all they want, I just can't help but love him :lol

Funky Papa said:
Michael Cera interview

Haters can hate all they want, I just can't help but love him :lol
Will 'Scott Pilgrim vs. the World' only appeal to nerds? "I would say this movie is both a nerd and a non-nerd's dream come true. For the nerds there are lots of Nintendo references and sound effects, and the non-nerds will enjoy making fun of all the nerds in the theater exploding with joy and afterward will possibly beat them all up."
:lol

Foob

DanielPlainview said:
Anyone questions for the cast/crew? We are interviewing all of them at Comic Con! (and seeing the movie :D)

I wrote a article for the film stage once, can I help?? :D :D

big ander

DanielPlainview said:
Anyone questions for the cast/crew? We are interviewing all of them at Comic Con! (and seeing the movie :D)
Was there a particular fight scene that was the most fun to film?

And if you can ask Cera about the Arrested Development movie without pissing him off, that too :p

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
big ander said:
Was there a particular fight scene that was the most fun to film?

And if you can ask Cera about the Arrested Development movie without pissing him off, that too :p
This. And if you have to ask another question, maybe you can ask about which Evil-ex the cast thought was most interesting and why.

XiaNaphryz

DanielPlainview said:
Ask what they thought about the differences between the movie plot and the original.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The only thing I dont like about the trailers is how fucking insecure they portray Pilgrim, in the comic hes pretty gung-ho about everything, so I hope thats how hes portrayed din the movie.

Raging Spaniard said:
The only thing I dont like about the trailers is how fucking insecure they portray Pilgrim, in the comic hes pretty gung-ho about everything, so I hope thats how hes portrayed din the movie.

it's the cera effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom