• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BenjaminBirdie said:
Beck? The musician? He's pretty fantastic, yes.
I've been told he's good, I know, I'm wondering if his music sounds like Sex Bob-Omb's or if it's totally different and he just did a style for the movie.

WordAssassin said:
I've been told he's good, I know, I'm wondering if his music sounds like Sex Bob-Omb's or if it's totally different and he just did a style for the movie.

He's got a tremendously diverse ouvre. Some of his stuff sounds a lot like that. Some of it is more acoustic, some of it is, more electro. Personally, I love all of it. Start with Odelay, which is a good cross-section of a lot of his styles. It might be an unpopular choice, but I think his recent record, The Information, is fantastic. It was produced by Nigel Godrich, the guy who did the score for Pilgrim.

Amir0x

Banned
i totally just got my shirt in the mail ohboyohboy

K-O-Scott-Pilgrim-shirt.jpg

this is what it looks like mm

ezekial45

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
In line now to see this for a 2nd time in Atlanta. Wright, Cera and Schwartzman are here too for a Q&A after. :D
Very cool. I hope he shows up to my screening tomorrow.

Is there a listings to which screenings he'll come to?

Arment

Just finished the novels. It's such a weird story but it's kind of nice and I'm glad I read it. I'll definitely see the movie now.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Hey Oni Press is having a Scott Pilgram party tonight in Portland, OR near Ground Kontrol. Is this an open event or an invite only thing?

EDIT: Guess they are actually taking it all down now, it was a party from Thursday last week.

Link

Collider:
I wanted to love THE EXPENDABLES. I didn't. In fact, I was as let down with the movie as anything this year. Go see SCOTT PILGRIM instead. SCOTT PILGRIM is a classic in every sense of the word. One of the best films this year and something that will influence future filmmakers.

Pai Pai Master said:
I'm not sure...I know he, Cera., and Schwartzman are here tonight and tomorrow morning for a signing in Little Five. Not sure about other cities.

I would of preferred attending this screening but I missed out.

DanielPlainview said:

...Cool...seriously, I'm wondering if maybe my expectations were so low that my mind could not comprehend the mountainous, Himalayas like level of awesomeness happening on screen? I simply wrote it off as another fun/dumb summer flick with a healthy amount of fan servicing.

Crazylegs

Fuckity, fuck, fuck! I got invited to a private screening of Scott Pilgrim later this week, and I cannot get out of a previous commitment to attend the screening. Fuck!!

Just had to vent, kay-thanks.

Crazylegs said:
Fuckity, fuck, fuck! I got invited to a private screening of Scott Pilgrim later this week, and I cannot get out of a previous commitment to attend the screening. Fuck!!

What you mean is, you can't find a way to get out of said previous commitment. We'll help you.

Crazylegs

brandonh83 said:
What you mean is, you can't find a way to get out of said previous commitment. We'll help you.
I like way you think. I need to break a commitment to the guy who was Best Man at my wedding and I need to avoid looking like a dick. Oh, and taking him to the screening with me is not an option.

big ander

Crazylegs said:
I like way you think. I need to break a commitment to the guy who was Best Man at my wedding and I need to avoid looking like a dick. Oh, and taking him to the screening with me is not an option.
Ooh that's a tough one...

Rabies. You have rabies.
Just a lot of rabies.

So I've listened to "We Are Sex Bob-omb" like forty times in a row now and it just dawned on me...can Allison Pill play drums? Like is that really the three of them playing?

*choke*

Einbroch

Banned
Crazylegs said:
Tell him the truth and see what happens?

big ander

Aubrey Plaza is on Leno lookin good as always
this is super fucking awkward
edit: and she doesn't smile in real life either...nice.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Assembly Required said:
...I'm definitely in the minority then. After viewing an advance screening recently, I was less than pleased. First off, the action scenes were top notch. The movie was visually arresting. But beyond that...I thought it was mediocre. My biggest gripe is with the 'pacing'. But for the sake of others whom haven't seen it yet, I'll wait till after friday to elaborate.

I agree. I didn't like the pacing at all. Sound track, fighting scenes... AMAZING! The movie really need to be another hour long.

mYm|17| said:
where did u go to see it in Atlanta?

Last week Creative Loafing handed out passes for a screening at Atlantic Station.

Tonight there was a screening at The Plaza on Ponce which Wright, Cera and Schwartzman attended. Tomorrow at 3pm they'll be at Criminal Records in Little Five for a brief signing.

The Q&A was awesome. All three guys are really hilarious.

mYm|17|

Pai Pai Master said:
Last week Creative Loafing handed out passes for a screening at Atlantic Station.

Tonight there was a screening at The Plaza on Ponce which Wright, Cera and Schwartzman attended. Tomorrow at 3pm they'll be at Criminal Records in Little Five for a brief signing.

gahhhhhh I had no idea they were screening the movie here

Dresden

Actually prefer the earlier picture--it's a sweet moment, where she's caught by surprise, not dressed up to be pretty--just feels natural and cute.

Pai Pai Master said:

Ah, cool. I was hoping to make it to the signing downtown today. Can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom