• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

_dementia said:
for me, he was one of the most disappointing things in a colossally disappointing movie

never saw adventureland
Oh wow :) It was the first time I saw him in a movie and I watched it in english as a non-english speaker. Maybe that´s the reason, but I thought he played well.

Having seen Zombieland, Adventureland and Scott Pilgrim, I actually feel that Cera is the more versatile performer, to be honest. I expect The Social Network to at least even the two out.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Inferno313 said:
GAF hates on Cera/Eisenberg because GAF sees themselves in Cera/Eisenberg.
The uncomfortable truth for many here. Like how a lot of people didn't realize Costanza was in fact Michael Cera.

TehOh said:
SP_5shirts.jpg

4 Color Rebellion is giving away even more Scott Pilgrim swag

You have a pretty good chance of winning. We're giving out 5 movie posters, 5 shirts, 5 soundtracks, 5 hats, and 5 iPhone skins.
I'm so pissed. I had the most incredible comic for your last contest, but I thought that the due date was Aug 4th, and it was Aug 1st. I checked on the 3rd and my life pretty much ended.

Would I be able to submit it for this contest? Because it is totally fucking awesome. To the max. Scott Pilgrim would think it was amazing!

BenjaminBirdie said:
Having seen Zombieland, Adventureland and Scott Pilgrim, I actually feel that Cera is the more versatile performer, to be honest. I expect The Social Network to at least even the two out.

If you've only seen one film by Cera, how is he the most versatile?

WordAssassin said:
I'm so pissed. I had the most incredible comic for your last contest, but I thought that the due date was Aug 4th, and it was Aug 1st. I checked on the 3rd and my life pretty much ended.

Would I be able to submit it for this contest? Because it is totally fucking awesome. To the max. Scott Pilgrim would think it was amazing!
You should do it.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Aw.

Still not too bad.
Right. I like that it's all in one app though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Is this movie releasing on a lot of screens? According to Fandango, there's only 5 showtimes on Friday in a theater with 20 screens, which means this movie is only showing on 1 screen. Yikes

Wario64 said:
Is this movie releasing on a lot of screens? According to Fandango, there's only 5 showtimes on Friday in a theater with 20 screens, which means this movie is only showing on 1 screen. Yikes
Should be a lot of screens, just nothing obscene like Iron Man or Harry Potter would. I haven't checked the showtimes here yet. Expendables is Friday. Pilgrim will probably be Saturday.

Wario64 said:
Most of my local theaters don't update their times until Thursday. I'm hoping that's the case as I don't really see the two big theaters in town not showing this.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
If anyone is interested, my publication's advance review went live today

Review

We also had the chance to sit down and interview Brandon Routh, Michael Cera, Edgar Wright and Anna Kendrick

Ceraandannafeature2-667x230.JPG

Michael Cera & Anna Kendrick talk Abigail Breslin, Bill Murray and Seinfeld

Excerpt:
Miguel Concepcion: Coming to this interview, I was trying to recall anything you might’ve done video game related in the past, and I was thinking about the baseball game you were playing on the PlayStation in Frequency.

M.C.: Right, that’s true! But I was not really playing it. It was a pre-recorded thing. They had this video game set up and I’d sit there and pretend to be playing it all day.

A.K.: You didn’t have to get to play?

M.C.: No, it was just a video loop so they would have to match it to the scene…

A.K.: Boooooooo. BOOOOO!!!!!

Edgarandbrandon_Feature_2-630x215.JPG

Brandon Routh and Edgar Wright talk Radiohead, The Dark Knight and much more

Excerpt:
Claudia Pierce: I felt that the film was very true to the comic but was also very true to your style of directing. How did you manage to maintain that balance and did you find it difficult?

E.W.: I tried to be true to the comic obviously because I loved the source material. There’s things in the comic that Bryan can do that I couldn’t do on the big screen and vice versa. I don’t know, I hope it was a good marriage. One of the things that attracted me to the book was that we have a similar sense of humor. I felt like we’ve influenced each other in a way because we started writing the scripts before the book was finished. So there’s little bit of us that he turned up in the book. There were also bits that Bryan wrote in the script where are not in the books. So there are lines that Bryan did as a free polish that aren’t in the original script or in the books.

In essence it was the perfect collaboration and exchange of ideas. I loved his artwork and I loved the idea of bringing that kind of pop-arty Roy Lichtenstein look and elements that most comic adaptations leave out or have done like the 1960’s Batman TV series. I thought the first Richard Donner Superman film went for realism in a fantastical world and everyone’s kinda followed suit since then. It’s great but I have a fondness for flims like the 1980 Flash Gordon film. You can have The Dark Knight but that doesn’t mean you can’t have 4-color bubblegum pop as well.

PhoncipleBone said: