• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
oh yea i saw metric play last night at prospect park and they opened with their scott pilgrim track

it was rad

Damn, I talked shit about this earlier in the thread (Michael Cera starring as Michael Cera), but after seeing the previews, this looks like a really fun movie.

Crow, whatever whatever.

Now that I've seen it I can finally listen to the score samples off Amazonk. God, Godrich is so amazing.

I realized it might be the first soundtrack I can think of that's taking advantage of the digital space by releasing EVERYTHING in the score even if it wouldn't have fit on a CD. (Unless I'm mistaken, they're only releasing this digitally, right?)

The soundtrack to this movie is outstanding, both the songs and the score. I'm likely going to wind up owning both, which will be the first time I do that in a long, long, long time. But the
Bass Battle
song was so awesome, and.. hell, like, ALL of the music was so awesome. Fuck! I can't wait to see this movie again!!!

I wish there was a way Edgar Wright could make trailers for the Lucas Lee movies to put on the DVD/BluRay.
Since they did film a scene from "You Just Don't Exist" for the movie, which was totally awesome.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
O'Malley's posted a bunch of behind-the-scenes photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/radiomaru/sets/72157624653630900/detail/

4863317454_e04b2fbb47_b.jpg

RadioHeadAche, you scared me. for a second there i thought that Greatness Gone was back. please, change the avatar, im begging you.

those pics are great. I cant wait to see this movie.

big ander

jon bones said:
oh yea i saw metric play last night at prospect park and they opened with their scott pilgrim track

it was rad
Cool, I kinda saw them today at lolla, but I was far away and left to see someone else.

Those posters...89 minutes :lol
Would so fucking watch action doctor.

Dartastic

BenjaminBirdie said:
Now that I've seen it I can finally listen to the score samples off Amazonk. God, Godrich is so amazing.

I realized it might be the first soundtrack I can think of that's taking advantage of the digital space by releasing EVERYTHING in the score even if it wouldn't have fit on a CD. (Unless I'm mistaken, they're only releasing this digitally, right?)

Wait wait wait. Where are you hearing these samples? I just checked Amazon and I didn't see them there...

Edit - N/M. Checked the German Amazon, and there they were. :D

SalsaShark said:
Well i just read a big spoiler for the movie by mistake in tvtropes. Fuck my life.
If it's the same spoiler I read, (The only one I saw on TVT was involving
Nega Scott
) don't worry about it. It's still a huge WTF moment even knowing about it before hand. I was really pissed and worried about it before I watched the movie but it still caught me totally off guard and is completely bad ass.

Salsa

WordAssassin said:
If it's the same spoiler I read, (The only one I saw on TVT was involving
Nega Scott
) don't worry about it. It's still a huge WTF moment even knowing about it before hand. I was really pissed and worried about it before I watched the movie but it still caught me totally off guard and is completely bad ass.

Thats the one. That does help though, thanks :lol

still, spoiled his involvement in the movie :(. Im actually surprised/glad, didnt expected him to make it

Man, that photo reminds me how adorable Kim Pine is in this movie. Between her and Aubrey Plaza and Ramona this movie is like cute overload nosebleed country.

SalsaShark said:
Thats the one. That does help though, thanks :lol

still, spoiled his involvement in the movie :(. Im actually surprised/glad, didnt expected him to make it
Yeah, I wasn't sure either, but that scene is still really cool and comes out of nowhere.

Fuck I want it to be frieday already so I can go see this again!!!

That spoiler I just read sounds so fucking awesome and totally videogamey. On the other hand, fucking spoilers. Thank God all I saw was the name.

WordAssassin said:
Yeah, I wasn't sure either, but that scene is still really cool and comes out of nowhere.

Fuck I want it to be frieday already so I can go see this again!!!

Yeah, that scene was amazing. I so love the liberties Wright takes with the source material. They're so perfect for the movie and, even though there's a lot of big divergences from the books, they fit SO well and are really in the true spirit of the Scott Pilgrim vibe. Can't wait to see it again.

A few dozen more times.

:D

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
n3ss said:
At the Dublin showing waiting for the movie to start! Thanks Gaf, free movie a week early and food? AWESOME
Ffffuck, I was just there three days ago. If only I could have somehow..
The release date here is 23rd of September. Yeah. They also changed the name to "My Girlfriend's Exes". Yeah.

ezekial45

Banned
Don't know if people are still paying attention to reviews, but the movie got a great review in Rolling Stone (three and half stars).

Peter Travers said:
Scott Pilgrim is a breathless rush of a movie that jumps off the screen, spins your head around and then stealthily works it's way into your heart. Just revel in those clutter-free last moments when two people finally get enough of a grip on who they are to make an honest, human connection. It's a game changer.

Also, there was an interesting interview with Michael Cera. I feel like i have a better appreciation for him now. He's actually a pretty interesting guy that i have a lot in common with.

I think every single person in this movie was cast flawlessly, except that I was not cast as Scott Pilgrim. But Cera does a great job in my place so it's almost not a big deal.

Funky Papa said:
The marketing budget must be pretty damn huge, though. I am not sure if this movie will ever make a profit...

My friend and I were talking about the marketing. I had said to her I think the film will do well because it seems like one of those movies that do well possibly because of word of mouth if it garners enough positive reviews. She countered that she didn't feel that was completely the case because she sees the marketing for the movie just about everywhere she goes beyond the 4,000 TV ads aired.

I remember being kind of in awe when I saw this trying to get to the Tron panel (and failing :( ) at SDCC:

tsF6Y.jpg

Yeah Scott Pilgrim totally owned the shit out of ComiCon.

The word of mouth for this movie IS insanely positive, though. I think it'll do fine at the box office. It won't bomb, but it won't be a miraculous hit.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
WordAssassin said:
Yeah Scott Pilgrim totally owned the shit out of ComiCon.

The word of mouth for this movie IS insanely positive, though. I think it'll do fine at the box office. It won't bomb, but it won't be a miraculous hit.
Can anyone really predict how this movie is going to do? I could see it flopping, or I could see it becoming a breakout hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom