• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game |OT| -- Seven Exes and Tons of KOs

Chavelo

Allow two players to select the same character - Down R1 Up L1 Triangle Circle
Changes coin sprites into animal sprites - Up, Up, Down, Down, Up, Up, Up, Up
Enables Blood Mode - X, Circle, X, Square, X, Circle Circle

Street Fighter 2 same character code (kinda)
Sonic 3 level select code
Mortal Kombat blood code

:D

Nega-Scott - Beat the game using Kim, Stills, Ramona, and Scott

Jomjom

Banned
Chavelo said:
Changes coin sprites into animal sprites - Up, Up, Down, Down, Up, Up, Up, Up
Enables Blood Mode - X, Circle, X, Square, X, Circle Circle

Street Fighter 2 same character code (kinda)
Sonic 3 level select code
Mortal Kombat blood code

:D

Nega-Scott - Beat the game using Kim, Stills, Ramona, and Scott

Those are some amazing codes right there.

Speevy

Banned
I can't say I understand the whole Scott Pilgrim universe (or care to), but I do want more beat-em-ups, so glad I have this one.

Reknoc

Just gave the demo a go, never read the comics but this game is pretty great love all the little references to other games.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Speevy said:
I can't say I understand the whole Scott Pilgrim universe (or care to), but I do want more beat-em-ups, so glad I have this one.

Word. Everything I've seen from the Scott Pilgrim comics sounds like I'd more or less hate them. But the game is fun!

Huggy

I like beat'em ups, but this one doesn't have a grapple system though I see one grappling move in the unlock list. Bought it anyway.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Chavelo said:

BWA HAHA! Down R Up L Y B! I STILL try that in every Capcom game at the logo screen, just to see if SOMETHING happens SOMEWHERE. And now this game will finally give me the chance to enter the code in again...:lol

The other 2 are great too, though they don't stick out in my mind as prominently.

Since the game won't be out on XBLA for a while, I took to playing RCR on Wii with my brother... we played on the advanced difficulty, and WOW does it mirror everything said about the difficulty of this game! Sounds like an incredibly perfect re-imaging/homage/fangame.

Game sounds incredibly awesome, but I don't mind waiting much... it's a fairly short amount of time, and it seems very worthwhile!

Huggy said:
I like beat'em ups, but this one doesn't have a grapple system though I see one grappling move in the unlock list. Bought it anyway.

RCR didn't have grapple either.

I love this game and all but as a huge beat em up fan I have 2 complaints.

1) Characters move a bit too slow

2) No grapple system. I would love to throw enemies on to one another. Helps so much in these games and I miss it.

Huggy said:
Yeah, grapples are pretty limited but effective.

There's -> + Triangle close to the enemy which throws the opponent from a standing position into enemies and there's -> + Square close to the enemy which mashable grapple. Still very, very useful in the harder difficulties especially with the block happy guys.

And those codes are awesome!

Also, the ultimate tech 1 is a great way to break an enemy's guard and pummel them into oblivion, especially on a walled area where you can juggle them. :D

Blutonium

Host Samurai said:
I love this game and all but as a huge beat em up fan I have 2 complaints.

1) Characters move a bit too slow

2) No grapple system. I would love to throw enemies on to one another. Helps so much in these games and I miss it.

1) Have you tried double dashing? It makes your character run.

2) I might misunderstand you but AFAIK you can throw badguys into crowds.

MNC

Dear FUCK this game is great. Tried the demo with my UK PSN account, but I want to buy the game with my original NL account, but they seemingly don't have it yet. What's up with that?

Grayman

Stage 4 had it all!

was the music similar to one of the
turtles
games? that middle section of the level gave me that vibe all around.

TimmiT

Bought it, and loved it. First tried it on single player and I died. Then I brought in my brother to play 2 player co-op. And I made it to the boss of the second level.
So far, I love this game.

The game would be perfect if there were no technical problems. I lost count of how many times the music stopped playing or the game crashed after a loading.

ismaboof said:
Is the level cap at
16? I've only beaten half the stages and I can't level up anymore.
Yup. That's the hard cap. And stats only go to 100.

The game would be perfect if there were no technical problems. I lost count of how many times the music stopped playing or the game crashed after a loading.

What version PS3 do you have? I've heard launch and near launch units having this issue, but later PS3s not having them. I'm playing mine on a slim and only had the music cut out once.

ezekial45

Banned
The only bugged i encountered was being attacked while inside an item shop. It scared the hell out of me. When i left and reentered, there was a big pile of enemies near the door (when they do the enemy pile up). They weren't on anyone, they were just piled up there.

sanji_blue said:

Been playing for hours. Not one issue. Have you tried reinstalling?

hamchan

WanderingWind said:
Word. Everything I've seen from the Scott Pilgrim comics sounds like I'd more or less hate them. But the game is fun!
Eveyone thinking this should at least try reading the comic. You might end up enjoying it.

Bit-Bit

My friend and I beat the game last night. We marathoned it. I think the total time was just around 7 hours.

The game is freakin hard. No joke. We're both pretty pro at beatem ups and this game still kicked our asses a few times. We didn't realize how much we needed to up our stats until about the fourth evil ex and upward. About two hours worth of grinding got both of our characters to max stats. From that point it was fairly easy. But still a ton of enemies and obstacles. All in all, I would have to say it's a pretty solid game and definite must for Scott Pilgrim fans.

People who complain about some of the moves or lack thereof. Stick in there, it takes really fast for you character to get to level 16 and when you do, you have every move you would think to need for ever situation.

I was Ramona and my friend was Kim. We made a pretty awesome combo.

Finally got the invulnerable trophy!!! Fucking hell, all these measly 1 hits were pissing me off. :lol

And saw this on Anamanaguchi's site...

tumblr_l615qe3KGe1qzq2udo1_400.png

and then this on gamefaqs!

http://gallery.me.com/kikuichi#100099/ScottSabre&bgcolor=black

:O

Marchiott

Has anybody else experienced this strange issue in Stage 4 Chengdu Gardens, where it would get stuck in one section of the stage past the bridge?
I haven't been able to progress past that section because the screen won't advance!

BooJoh

To clarify, if you get HP+ or Guts+, that's temporary, just refilling your life/guts. If it's +Str, +Def, +WP, or +Spd, those are permanent increases. I don't know what the caps are on the stats, I've got Scott up to 78 str so far.

I just got the Grand Slam skill, and I'm having a blast using it with the swords lying around level 4. :D

Grayman

BooJoh said:
To clarify, if you get HP+ or Guts+, that's temporary, just refilling your life/guts. If it's +Str, +Def, +WP, or +Spd, those are permanent increases. I don't know what the caps are on the stats, I've got Scott up to 78 str so far.

I just got the Grand Slam skill, and I'm having a blast using it with the swords lying around level 4. :D
The stats turn red and seem to stop raising at 100. That leads to 200 hearts and guts max as well.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Speevy said:
What's there to understand? The book itself is basically a spazzy kid's love life set against a cornocopia of game references. I'd have a hard time believing someone who ate up the videogamey-ness of this game wouldn't like the books.

Good lord, how does the top player in the survival horror mode have over 800 KOs? I'm lucky if I get like 5 before I get killed.

ThirstyFly said:
Good lord, how does the top player in the survival horror mode have over 800 KOs? I'm lucky if I get like 5 before I get killed.

Just saw that. Crazy. It takes me about 3 minutes just to get one zombie down, on easy no less. Also, does the game not adjust difficulty for one player? I'm getting destroyed on level 3. So many mobs, so many deaths.

BooJoh

Stats and moves have a big big effect. I just went into Survival Horror mode at level 16 with Str maxed and Def close, and I got about 60 kills in like 5 minutes. When I tried at a low level I think I only killed a few in around the same timeframe.

ThirstyFly said:
I just saw that. I eeked out 160 something in 11 minutes. I dunno how the shit he got 800. :lol

Estival

Playing on easy mode with a new character is harder than hard mode with a leveled character... seriously. Played through twice with Scott so he was leveled when I tried hard mode, and now my new game with Kim on easy mode is harder than anything on my hard run.
So yeah. Get stat boosts whenever you can, they make the game so much easier.:D

Andvary

Marchiott said:
Has anybody else experienced this strange issue in Stage 4 Chengdu Gardens, where it would get stuck in one section of the stage past the bridge?
I haven't been able to progress past that section because the screen won't advance!

This happened to me in the first stage.

Agate

Neo Member
>> I know its probably not that major but..whats the deal with the video store and Scott's late fee? anything behind all that? ._.

daegan

Grayman said:
oh maybe i should start using those

I thought someone said that character showed up toward the end of level 4 after defeating the 4th ex, but I jumped in at the mid-point and didn't see them. Am I missing something?

Top Bottom